Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2010
LANDED..........
22-06-2010
PMM said:
Hi

The name check has been done, since CIC and Overseas offices have direct access to CPIC, it was done probably within a day of the request. If they haven't requested prints then there was no "hit"
Thanks PMM. Any idea what they've been doing with the file for the past three months or if they will ever look at it again (it says location is PA but there is no bring forward date)? There hasn't been any activity, whereas people who have applied months after us have gotten approval already.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Gretta, I know this is probably frustrating you that you can't get answers to your many questions but you have to be calm and let CIC do their stuff.

They are not going to address any problems unless your file has gone past normal processing time. It's just how they work.

Count yourself lucky too that you've had your interview waived and your file has been looked at in less than 4 months.

It's been almost 10 months for my file and still haven't heard anything from the VO.

This is a tedious process and it can at times cause lots of anger to us but you have to remain calm.

Try contacting the VO and hear what they have to say.

Good luck to you :)

grettta

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2010
LANDED..........
22-06-2010
confusednscared said:
Gretta, I know this is probably frustrating you that you can't get answers to your many questions but you have to be calm and let CIC do their stuff.

They are not going to address any problems unless your file has gone past normal processing time. It's just how they work.

Try contacting the VO and hear what they have to say.
Thanks, but you are missing the point. They have processed everything and there appears to be no means for them to identify when this file has gone past normal processing time - there is no bring forward date.

We haven't had luck contacting Buffalo, but we did talk to someone at CIC and contrary to what you are saying they told us that based on what was written in the CAIPS notes it was not normal to have everything (medicals, security - assuming what PMM said is correct) processed and to have the file in the PA (put away) for 4 months with no bring forward date.

It turns out that Buffalo e-mailed Mississauga to confirm the RPRF had been paid and Mississauga never responded. Buffalo was expecting the response from Mississauga to be the trigger for them to look at the file again but since Mississauga either didn't get their original request or somehow missed it, that was never going to happen. If we hadn't ordered the CAIPS notes we easily could have been waiting 10 months or longer (well past the normal processing time for Buffalo).

I

iarblue

Well PMM is very brilliant in the immigration lol. But he is and is there is no bring forward date and you called buffalo and you called mississauga and nothing changed then i think you need to call again until you get answers sorry but there is nothing anyone here can do about this you need to really break their balls forsay.
Call cic you may get a different person and they may answer it differently.Just to let you know CIC call center is in a different building that where the app is actually processed so CIC only has the notes that you have.

grettta

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2010
LANDED..........
22-06-2010
iarblue said:
Well PMM is very brilliant in the immigration lol. But he is and is there is no bring forward date and you called buffalo and you called mississauga and nothing changed then i think you need to call again until you get answers sorry but there is nothing anyone here can do about this you need to really break their balls forsay.
Call cic you may get a different person and they may answer it differently.Just to let you know CIC call center is in a different building that where the app is actually processed so CIC only has the notes that you have.
I know you are trying to be helpful, but it's not possible to call Mississauga or Buffalo so you probably shouldn't suggest that to others. The CIC person we talked to was helpful (not sure where I said they weren't - they are the reason we found out that there had been a miscommunication between Buffalo and Mississauga). Thanks to the help of the CIC person, Mississauga called us within a few hours and they contacted Buffalo to advise them there had been an oversight.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Then you wait!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
grettta said:
I know you are trying to be helpful, but it's not possible to call Mississauga or Buffalo so you probably shouldn't suggest that to others. The CIC person we talked to was helpful (not sure where I said they weren't - they are the reason we found out that there had been a miscommunication between Buffalo and Mississauga). Thanks to the help of the CIC person, Mississauga called us within a few hours and they contacted Buffalo to advise them there had been an oversight.
Hi, I know your post is over a year old (and I hope totally cleared up by now), but in the off chance you get a note in your inbox about my post can you give me an update as to how long it did end up taking? I am in pretty much the same position. In July my husband and I went to the local Federal deputy's office (he's sponsoring my out of country application) to find out why my application was taking so long. They contacted Buffalo who said that my application had gotten the unofficial "yes," but they needed the background check from the RCMP and it would take 1 to 3 mths for that. At the 3 mth mark we still hadn't heard. When the deputy's office called again on my behalf they told her that they only change was that they'd decided I didn't need to go for an interview, but that they were still waiting on a report from the RCMP. It's now been 4 mths since they supposedly requested this report. How long did yours end up taking in the end? What CIC office did you speak to that helped you with your file? So far no one wants to be helpful with me and look into this. :(