+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C24 and submitting application early

munter

Apr 12, 2014
Hi,

I feel like a lot of people are thinking of trying this and strictly I believe the application would just be rejected on first assessment.
However in practical terms, given the bureaucratic maze, if I apply a year short of my residency quota, can my application get far enough into the system with RQ etc, so that it is delayed but not rejected?

By the time it would get to a hearing I would easily have reached the quota under the current system but not under the proposed new system.

The proposal would mean I would have to reside in Canada for an extra two years and I want to go work in Boston for a couple of years before returning.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
You are correct, your application would get rejected on first assessment.

RQ usually happens if you actually apply meeting the number of days but CIC questions your absences or if you were actually in Canada during the time you claim you were.

If you apply clearly stating you are short, they will just reject the application and return it immediately.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
One year is too long time, if it was a matter of days to weeks or even few months may make sense but one full year is too long time

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munter said:
Hi,

I feel like a lot of people are thinking of trying this and strictly I believe the application would just be rejected on first assessment.
However in practical terms, given the bureaucratic maze, if I apply a year short of my residency quota, can my application get far enough into the system with RQ etc, so that it is delayed but not rejected?

By the time it would get to a hearing I would easily have reached the quota under the current system but not under the proposed new system.

The proposal would mean I would have to reside in Canada for an extra two years and I want to go work in Boston for a couple of years before returning.
Just put your days in Residence Calculator and see what it will say to you.
Yes, you can apply if you did 3 out of 4 years in Canada with less than 3 years of physical presence but you will need to wait for at least 2 to 5 years (in worst case scenario) to get your passport. You also will go thru RQ and judge. If you are ready for that - go ahead and apply.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
munter said:
Hi,

KESSIO is right. Whem the processing centre in Sydney open the file they look at the residence calculator to see if you met the requirement (I know this because because when my application was returned as incomplete, the residence calculator had hand written notes over it verifying my date of landing in Canada and a check mark next to the total days of physical presence). So, if you are short, the application would be returned at that stage