+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C. Skill Transferability factors

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's not much you can do. If they've determines your qualification to be equal to a Secondary diploma then that's all you can claim. It doesn't really matter what level qualification it is in your home country it's what it equals to in Canada that counts. Maybe try to up skill? Do another course?

mahhek

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhullar28 said:
First understand the CRS calculator before using it, here http : / / www . cic . gc . ca / english / express-entry / grid-crs . asp

You are right about everything except CLB9. Please read it here ( http :// www . ieltsessentials.com/clb/index . html) Clb 9 is 7 7 7 8(speaking) . Since she has CLB 9+ she will get 50 in skill transferability for foreign work.

indrek

Apr 7, 2015
Hello,

Can somebody explain me why from Skill transferability factors I am getting in each sector only of 50 points if there is written 1) 25 points
2) 50 points

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indrek said:
Hello,

Can somebody explain me why from Skill transferability factors I am getting in each sector only of 50 points if there is written 1) 25 points
2) 50 points

Thanks
Already explained elsewhere. Because the maximum points you can get for each of the sub sections is 50, the max you can get under Skills Transferability is 100.

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
hello !
Can you score points for trade certificates under skill transferability ? I have CLB 10 + , 10 years of work experience and a MBA . I also have CIM ( Im a marketer by profession ) can i claim points for my CIM qualification under trade certificates- skill transferability ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irosha said:
hello !
Can you score points for trade certificates under skill transferability ? I have CLB 10 + , 10 years of work experience and a MBA . I also have CIM ( Im a marketer by profession ) can i claim points for my CIM qualification under trade certificates- skill transferability ?
No. Only for skilled trades.

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Thank you for your response :)

Im not planning to apply for another year cos of a personal commitment in my home country so i have a year to complete an additional qualification, if need be.
would doing a diploma in a trade ( such as bakery) give me 50 points in addition to the 126 i get for my Masters ? :)

Abhie

Nov 17, 2015
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
Bhullar28 said:
Hence, in total, you are getting 13+25 = 38 only in the Skill Transferability
My IELTS scores are: R=6.5, L=8, W=8, S=7 and I have a Bachelors degree of 4 years. I have 3+ years foreign work experience.
How much would i get in Skill transferability?

All i can see my CRS score jumps around 50 points if I get 7 instead 6.5 in reading. Thanks

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So guys, just need a little confirmation. I will be giving IELTS again and try to get CBL 9 for all.
Now the question is that I have done my masters and WES have accredited as equivalent to Masters in Canada. I also have a Bachelors degree which I tried to get the transcripts from my university but till that time WES had come out with the results for my Masters only. Now when calculating points should I see my masters degree as "Post-secondary program credential of one year or longer" or "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer".
My Bachelors degree was not accredited by WES but my Masters degree was. So do I need WES for my bachelors degree separately or Masters Degree WES is enough to claim "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer."

Please suggest guys.