+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business School in Montreal

ggree

Jan 24, 2013
I'm an European student currently planning on exchange to Canada for one semester. I'm studying Business and Economics and have seen that Montreal is one of the best student cities. The schools I can choose between in Montreal is:

1. McGill University
2. Concordia University
3. HEC Montréal

Can anybody say something about which school is preferable among those who offers business programs? I know that McGill scores the highest on the global ranking, but is it the best for business students? Among the complete list we're able to choose between a total of six other schools in Canada; Simon Fraser University, Queen's University, McMaster University, Brock University, Bishop's University and Mount Allison. I'd like to go on a good school, but I'd also like a nice stay. Is any of the schools above to be recommended?

tiger007

Champion Member
ggree said:
I'm an European student currently planning on exchange to Canada for one semester. I'm studying Business and Economics and have seen that Montreal is one of the best student cities. The schools I can choose between in Montreal is:

1. McGill University
2. Concordia University
3. HEC Montréal

Can anybody say something about which school is preferable among those who offers business programs? I know that McGill scores the highest on the global ranking, but is it the best for business students? Among the complete list we're able to choose between a total of six other schools in Canada; Simon Fraser University, Queen's University, McMaster University, Brock University, Bishop's University and Mount Allison. I'd like to go on a good school, but I'd also like a nice stay. Is any of the schools above to be recommended?

Hi,

McGill University, Concordia University and HEC Montréal - All 3 offer very good and reputed MBA programmes. And yeah.. Montreal is definitely 1 of the best cities to live in...

Out of the other 6 universities... Simon Fraser University, McMaster University and Queen's University are highly rated world class universities.

Best of Luck.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

ggree

Jan 24, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

McGill University, Concordia University and HEC Montréal - All 3 offer very good and reputed MBA programmes. And yeah.. Montreal is definitely 1 of the best cities to live in...

Out of the other 6 universities... Simon Fraser University, McMaster University and Queen's University are highly rated world class universities.

Best of Luck.
Thank you for your response! I've heard that McMaster an Queen's University are highly rated, but do they have a greater reputation compared to McGill? How would you describe the people on McGill and, let's say, HEC? Are students from HEC kind of snobs compared to students from McGill?

ggree

Jan 24, 2013
I have the impression that McGill University is the best school among the three in Montreal. Am i right?

tiger007

Champion Member
ggree said:
I have the impression that McGill University is the best school among the three in Montreal. Am i right?
Hi,

Yes, Mcgill 1 one of best comprehensive universities in Canada.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
I'm in mcgill right now, the people are very friendly and helpful although montreal as a whole is like that so I have no doubt Concordia and HEC are the same. Whichever you choose, be sure its where you want to go.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well If I were you.. I would just choose where i get an Admission.

HEC is no doubt well reputed but I would simply choose between Concordia and McGill.

If I had chance to choose between them (luck enough to get admission offer in both). I would Choose McGill.

McGill (thats the name and thats the price you pay for)

I hope you understand.

For a freshie ... unveristy is the only base where employers asses them. mcGill's name on your CV wil turn it up

and dont take me wrong! Concordia is too good. (John Molson School of Business) is well reputed too! so In the end it all really depends where you get the admission Offer!

Both will add good CV value forsure!

ggree

Jan 24, 2013
This is about exchange for only one semester, so I'm sure I get admission. I've already looked it up. Why would you choose John Molson School of Business instead of HEC? "HEC" is known because of it's institute in France, but is it better than Concordia in Montreal?

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aoji.KevinHan said:
Choose SFU if you are studying Econ and Buss, and Vancouver has better living conditions than Montreal IMO.

Hahahaha Not me :) SFU is Okay not better than McGill or concordia.

Concordia's John Molson School is well reputed!

Secondly way better to live in Montreal. Vancouver has good weather and thats no way a reason to study SFU.