Med's Request
july 24, 2011
Med's Done....
august 8, 2011
Passport Req..
november 4, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
december 31, 2011
Hi all! i'm new in this forum. i would like to seek opinion regarding buffalo timeline according to your experiences. my husband is working in saskatchewan canada for 1year and 6 months since december 2009 until now june 2011. his employer applied him for sinp last june 2010 and received the approved nomination november 2010. we're paying for a representative to assist us for the whole processing but they cannot give as assurance. we submitted our docs to buffalo usa , january 2011 and it's been 5 months but still no response from them regarding our medical. we use cic.gc.ca to check our status online but it says that the client id was not found and maybe they received the application but not yet started with the processing. our representative is offering us to apply for open work permit and study permit for our son but we have a 11months old son and we cannot leave him and besides we have to pay big amount again just for the openwork permit that they are suggesting.hope you can give me opinion regarding this matter. i pray we receive the request for medical soon to lessen theburden of waiting for update. thanks in advance and God bless.. from mmkk

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
mmkk,

what is the issue exactly? is your husbands work permit expiring soon? or you are concern about havent received anyting from Buffalo yet?

If your concern is about Buffalo taking forever all I can say is sit tight everything has slowed down before it used to take 20 weeks to get the AOR and the request for medical examination now is taking around 30 weeks or more!!!. After the examinations are done again sit tight because I could be between 6 to 10 months of more waiting! as you can see my case I applied under AINP last may got my AOR in Sep did my Medicals in Sep and I am still waiting for my PPR and all they say is my file is in queue.

Now if your concern is that your husbands work permit will expire there is no reason to be paying a representative the forms are very straight forward, All you guys need to do if you need to get a new permit for your husband is apply for an extension and you wont need a LMO you can use your nomination letter as your LMO I have done it myself twice!!. If the permit expires while waiting for the extension not to worry he will be under implied status and will be able to continue to live and work in Canada legally. Now depending on your husbands profession you could be also entitled to get an open work permit for you and maybe a student permit for your son but it depends on his profession.

you can find all the info regarding the forms and fees at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Good luck

mmkk

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january 7, 2011
Nomination.....
july 2010
Med's Request
july 24, 2011
Med's Done....
august 8, 2011
Passport Req..
november 4, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
december 31, 2011
guillej10,

thanks for the info.our representative process all the necessary documents including work permit extension. anyway, our representative explained to us about the situation and the slow processing of buffalo.this is because they have exceeded PR last year and they have to maintain and reach required immigrants for this year that is why they have to slow down with the application .i've checked e-cas and it says that our application is on process already unlike a week before that our application was not yet received or has not yet started. hopefully we received our medical request soon.

thanks and God bless

neptune01

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2010
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
december 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 05, 2011 (via email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08/22/2011
Med's Done....
09/01/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 07, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 9, 2012
I applied to Buffalo in Dec. 2010. Draft cashed in January 31, 2011 (by calling bank). No response AOR or Med yet. Ecase by client id shows previous FSW application status which I withdrew in Sept. 2010.

Any thought?

Thanks

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
neptune01 said:
I applied to Buffalo in Dec. 2010. Draft cashed in January 31, 2011 (by calling bank). No response AOR or Med yet. Ecase by client id shows previous FSW application status which I withdrew in Sept. 2010.

Any thought?

Thanks
Hi neptue:
My file was recieved on january 10th, cheque cashed on 25th feb. I still have not recieved AOR/Medicals..... What I do know is that they have send me a correspondance dated july 7th, 2011 which I am expecting to recieved anytime soon.

Looks like your AOR must be send as well, they dont usually put file numbers or any more info on our file details. All they tellyou is that they have recived the file on so on so date. Luckily I know my file number cz they provided me when i was updating my some of the personal information. I would not have known my file number till i recieved an AOR, but luckily i do know it. Have patiience and u will get it soon.

SAM

neptune01

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2010
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
december 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 05, 2011 (via email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08/22/2011
Med's Done....
09/01/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 07, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 9, 2012
sam1986 said:
Hi neptue:
My file was recieved on january 10th, cheque cashed on 25th feb. I still have not recieved AOR/Medicals..... What I do know is that they have send me a correspondance dated july 7th, 2011 which I am expecting to recieved anytime soon.

Looks like your AOR must be send as well, they dont usually put file numbers or any more info on our file details. All they tellyou is that they have recived the file on so on so date. Luckily I know my file number cz they provided me when i was updating my some of the personal information. I would not have known my file number till i recieved an AOR, but luckily i do know it. Have patiience and u will get it soon.

SAM
Hi Sam,
Thank you for sharing.
Did you receive correspondance via email?
Are you able to check your ecase using that file #?

Thanks

toms911

Sep 9, 2010
I send an email to Buffalo since I am worried about my check with rest of package for PR is not being able to track anymore because of the postal strike. I am in SK working on a SINP and applying for PR.
This is the response I get from immigration

The creation of permanent resident applications in our database along with the mailing of the acknowledgement of receipt letter is taking a minium of 30 weeks.

Any application submitted without the required documents and information will be returned to the applicant.

What is that about? Their own website states that the processing times are 43 working days. Is this some kind of standard email? I really want to know where my draft of $1100 is.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
toms911 said:
I send an email to Buffalo since I am worried about my check with rest of package for PR is not being able to track anymore because of the postal strike. I am in SK working on a SINP and applying for PR.
This is the response I get from immigration

The creation of permanent resident applications in our database along with the mailing of the acknowledgement of receipt letter is taking a minium of 30 weeks.

Any application submitted without the required documents and information will be returned to the applicant.

What is that about? Their own website states that the processing times are 43 working days. Is this some kind of standard email? I really want to know where my draft of $1100 is.
First of all, this is no joke, it takes 7 months now to receive an AOR or Med Req. You will not get anything in between. But if your draft get cashed (you can check with your bank), it means they accepted your application. Generally, it takes 6~8 weeks to encash the draft.

By the way, I don't know where you got "43 working days" timeline. For PR timeline, you have to see CIC main website where it states different timelines based on different CIC offices. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp)

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
neptune01 said:
Hi Sam,
Thank you for sharing.
Did you receive correspondance via email?
Are you able to check your ecase using that file #?

Thanks
Hi neptune:
no one recieves correspondance via email. AOR/ Meiclas usually comes all in one mail. I just saw my e-cas activated and I emailed then, thats where i got the information about the file number. No where else does they mention our fil numbers. I actually even used my file number to login my e-cas and it works.
As I am writing this, i got a call from my friend that my mail from buffalo has arrived...He is a roomate 2 hours away where I used to live. I will reach there to pik up my mail and will let u guys know by evening! I m 99% sure its a medical, cz my ex- roomate says its a regular 8-1/2"X11" envelope.....m sure they have more then just a file number in there.. keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards,

SAM

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sam1986 said:
Hi neptune:
no one recieves correspondance via email. AOR/ Meiclas usually comes all in one mail. I just saw my e-cas activated and I emailed then, thats where i got the information about the file number. No where else does they mention our fil numbers. I actually even used my file number to login my e-cas and it works.
As I am writing this, i got a call from my friend that my mail from buffalo has arrived...He is a roomate 2 hours away where I used to live. I will reach there to pik up my mail and will let u guys know by evening! I m 99% sure its a medical, cz my ex- roomate says its a regular 8-1/2"X11" envelope.....m sure they have more then just a file number in there.. keeping my fingers crossed.
I actually got my first correspondence from CIC through email. It came almost after 6 months of my application receipt date (Jan 18, 2011). The email starts with my UCI# and Application#. I'm told in the email that I should mention these numbers for any future correspondence. I can log into my E-cas as well with either/both of these Indentification types.

There is no mention about AOR or MED REQ in the email. It has separate follow-up paragraphs though with the following headings:
  • When should I contact CIC?
  • When will CIC contact me?
  • How do I check the status of my application?
  • How long will it take to process my application?
  • How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?

I followed "When should I contact CIC?" section and used "Case Specific Enquiry Form" to notify them about my contact and address info change.

Let me know if anyone is interested more about the details of the email.

Hsingh1

Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Hi Rossie,
Congrats Buddy, i just want to know did u send any email to cic before. and plesae keep updating everything because i hv a similar case like u. my spouse is back home and i want to know regarding medicals and stuff for her. As i told u before somebody told me that my spouse hv to submit her medicals and passport back home but now i came to know from one of my friend that her medicals will come here in Ottawa and we hv to submit our passports together to buffalo for stamping so please update everything because u r ahead of me.

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hsingh1 said:
Hi Rossie,
Congrats Buddy, i just want to know did u send any email to cic before. and plesae keep updating everything because i hv a similar case like u. my spouse is back home and i want to know regarding medicals and stuff for her. As i told u before somebody told me that my spouse hv to submit her medicals and passport back home but now i came to know from one of my friend that her medicals will come here in Ottawa and we hv to submit our passports together to buffalo for stamping so please update everything because u r ahead of me.

Thanks
Thanks. I sent an email for "change of address" on June 9, 2011 and never heard back from them. I again uploaded a TEXT file using "case specific enquiry" for the same purpose (change of address & phone number) after getting my AOR via email on July 22, 2011. FYI, I'm still waiting for my MED REQ.

Re: Spouse: I thought that my wife will do her medical back home and her doctor will process/send the result to Canada. Afterwards, she gets PPR along with mine; but unlike me, she submits her passport to our home country for Visa. Now what you are saying is very confusing :-\

I will keep posting re: any update of my application.

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
hello everyone. im new here and have loys of questions, hope you could help me...

Buffalo received my application package 5th oct 2010. the medical request came 2nd week of april 2011. but since then i havent heard anything yet. it has been almost 10 months since buffalo received my application. when i go online and check ecas, it only states that the visa office had received my application. is my application processing time in the right time?

Second, i read in other forums that paying rprf even without the request from vo would somewhat speed up the processing. i already ordered from cic the receipt and got it in the mail today. so what do you think?

Thank you very much in advance to those who can help me with my questions...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
alainski said:
hello everyone. im new here and have loys of questions, hope you could help me...

Buffalo received my application package 5th oct 2010. the medical request came 2nd week of april 2011. but since then i havent heard anything yet. it has been almost 10 months since buffalo received my application. when i go online and check ecas, it only states that the visa office had received my application. is my application processing time in the right time?

Second, i read in other forums that paying rprf even without the request from vo would somewhat speed up the processing. i already ordered from cic the receipt and got it in the mail today. so what do you think?

Thank you very much in advance to those who can help me with my questions...
Have you ever checked the PNP timeline for CIC-Buffalo? It's currently 13 months from the day they received your application. (Ref: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp)

7 months for getting Medical Request which has been 6 months for you. And then it's around 4~6 months from the day CIC received your medical test result till you get your PPR. You did not mention when CIC received your medical result back. Count the days from that date. You can also compare your timeline with similar people in trackitt.

I don't know about RPRF. If you pay it early enough, it may save you some time. But my wise guess is that it wouldn't do a lot.

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
@Rossei - thanks for the info. really appreciate it.