NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
canmp said:
I don't know whay you are in such a hurry.. People are waiting here for many years.

Go to cic web site and check processing times. why unnecessary waste of time here.
Dear Canmp,

Thanks for quick response. Well frankly speaking I'm not in hurry atall. But just curious to know the process, procedures and current timelines, that's it. Basically I want to know how it goes on step by step.

When I was going through some posts in Forum I got to know few aspects like APO, File Transfer, Med's requested etc.... Appreciate if someone could share their experiences :)

rgds
Anu

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
Hello Superboy,

My name is Anu, I need some valuable information from your end. Can you please reply to all my Questions. I would really greatful for a quick response from your end.

We got nominated from Alberta on 4th April 2011 and submitted all the required docs and check to Buffalo's CIC on May 9th 2011. However till now we have not received any response from them.

I just want to know few things like:
Well, I'm not Superboy; but yet answering your questions. Before doing that, I just want to tell you to browse through the entire forum to look for what you need. This forum is very organized and there is good chance that your questions have already been answered before.

1) How much time CIC Buffalo took for you to respond after you submitted your PNP certification and other documents to them?
I don't know his case; but you can check his profile info which is generally given on forum's left column of the window. Anyways, it's taking minimum of 7 months to get the first response from CIC-Buffalo nowadays. The response is generally the MEDICAL REQUEST; not AOR anymore.

2) Do you know what is the current time Buffalo CIC is taking to go through the files and to respond?
You can check with your bank whether your money order/draft has been cashed or not. It takes 6~10 weeks. If it has been cashed; you can sigh a relief. Then, you wait for their response (either Med Req or AOR or both). The total processing time at Buffalo is 13 months at present from the day they received your app.
Always check processing time with CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

3) Once you get response from them then how procedure goes on?
Once you get the MED REQ, you go to the designated doctor/medical centre, do your tests and they will send out your report. If this is good; CIC will next send you the PPR (passport req) after 4~5 months. With the request, you can either mail your PP to them for Immigration Visa or you can cross the border by yourself and have walk-in service (is faster way). Then you land with your visa. The final step would be getting your PR Card.

4) What is AOR means?
AOR = Acknowledgement Of Receipt
Check other acronyms: Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration Topics > General - All Canadian Immigration > Topic: Immigration Acronyms

5) Everyone says File Transfer, what is that exactly means?
Sometimes Buffalo transfers the file to other Canadian Consulates at later stage. For example: Detroit, New York, LA etc. The final steps like passport control, visa, PR card are then processed from there.

There is an AINP forum topic you may find handy:
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration Topics > Provincial Nomination Program Immigration > Topic: August 2010(or later) applications sent to CIC(AINP stream)

potsan18

Star Member
Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2012
AOR Received.
November 15, 2012
I have received my passport today. I will drive to Coutts, Alberta boarder tomorrow to land. I have to export my car from USA.

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Well, I'm not Superboy; but yet answering your questions. Before doing that, I just want to tell you to browse through the entire forum to look for what you need. This forum is very organized and there is good chance that your questions have already been answered before.
I don't know his case; but you can check his profile info which is generally given on forum's left column of the window. Anyways, it's taking minimum of 7 months to get the first response from CIC-Buffalo nowadays. The response is generally the MEDICAL REQUEST; not AOR anymore.
You can check with your bank whether your money order/draft has been cashed or not. It takes 6~10 weeks. If it has been cashed; you can sigh a relief. Then, you wait for their response (either Med Req or AOR or both). The total processing time at Buffalo is 13 months at present from the day they received your app.
Always check processing time with
Once you get the MED REQ, you go to the designated doctor/medical centre, do your tests and they will send out your report. If this is good; CIC will next send you the PPR (passport req) after 4~5 months. With the request, you can either mail your PP to them for Immigration Visa or you can cross the border by yourself and have walk-in service (is faster way). Then you land with your visa. The final step would be getting your PR Card.
AOR = Acknowledgement Of Receipt
Check other acronyms: Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration Topics > General - All Canadian Immigration > Topic: Immigration Acronyms
Sometimes Buffalo transfers the file to other Canadian Consulates at later stage. For example: Detroit, New York, LA etc. The final steps like passport control, visa, PR card are then processed from there.

There is an AINP forum topic you may find handy:
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration Topics > Provincial Nomination Program Immigration > Topic: August 2010(or later) applications sent to CIC(AINP stream)

Rossei,

Thanks a lot for useful information. Really you made my day with all the information which I was waiting for. Now my mind is almost clear with all your inputs.
I saw your statuses and it shows that you have applied in Jan 2011 and check has been encashed... hopefully you will get more updates from CIC soon!!!

Two more questions...1) How are the chances of Acceptance for Provinicial nominees by CIC??? I mean will they reject our application by any chance even though we are nominated by Alberta?
2)Yes, the Buffalo's timelines changed from 12 to 13 months.... so this 13 months includes from stage 1 ie Med req/AOR/both and till the last stage of giving PR?

I thankful to you again for your wonderful response.

rgds
Anu

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
anu_pallavi said:
Rossei,

Thanks a lot for useful information. Really you made my day with all the information which I was waiting for. Now my mind is almost clear with all your inputs.
I saw your statuses and it shows that you have applied in Jan 2011 and check has been encashed... hopefully you will get more updates from CIC soon!!!

Two more questions...1) How are the chances of Acceptance for Provinicial nominees by CIC??? I mean will they reject our application by any chance even though we are nominated by Alberta?
2)Yes, the Buffalo's timelines changed from 12 to 13 months.... so this 13 months includes from stage 1 ie Med req/AOR/both and till the last stage of giving PR?

I thankful to you again for your wonderful response.

rgds
Anu
Almost ALL people who applies with PNP certificates gets PR, REGARDLESS OF PROVINCE. The only reasons for rejection are probably lying in your application or failing the medical exam.

As for the timeline of 13 months, its the OVERALL processing time. Unless of course your file required more investigation.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
1) How are the chances of Acceptance for Provinicial nominees by CIC??? I mean will they reject our application by any chance even though we are nominated by Alberta?
Since you've already been nominated by your province based on your education & work; CIC will no longer see into it. Rather they will inquire on your past info, personal details, criminal record, medical result and so on. So, the chances are lot higher than any other category.

2) Yes, the Buffalo's timelines changed from 12 to 13 months.... so this 13 months includes from stage 1 ie Med req/AOR/both and till the last stage of giving PR?
This 13 month starts from the day CIC received your application (along with the fees) and includes 7 months for getting MED REQ, 4~5 months of getting PPR (after you sent MED) and getting the VISA (near 1 month if you mail your PP to get the VISA).
Getting the PR card is, most probably, separate from it as the card is mailed to you later.

NB: If you tracked your application, you must have known which day it was received by Buffalo. You said that you sent it on MAY 9, it was probably received after 5 business days. The 13 month counts from there.

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
mutt391 said:
Almost ALL people who applies with PNP certificates gets PR, REGARDLESS OF PROVINCE. The only reasons for rejection are probably lying in your application or failing the medical exam.

As for the timeline of 13 months, its the OVERALL processing time. Unless of course your file required more investigation.
Dear Mutt391,

Thanks for the response. Have a good day!!!

rgds
Anu

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Since you've already been nominated by your province based on your education & work; CIC will no longer see into it. Rather they will inquire on your past info, personal details, criminal record, medical result and so on. So, the chances are lot higher than any other category.
This 13 month starts from the day CIC received your application (along with the fees) and includes 7 months for getting MED REQ, 4~5 months of getting PPR (after you sent MED) and getting the VISA (near 1 month if you mail your PP to get the VISA).
Getting the PR card is, most probably, separate from it as the card is mailed to you later.

NB: If you tracked your application, you must have known which day it was received by Buffalo. You said that you sent it on MAY 9, it was probably received after 5 business days. The 13 month counts from there.
Dear Rossei,

Thanks for the response. You have mentioned that I can track my application in CIC website... but I am still yet to get AOR/Case/File number from Buffalo's CIC. Hopefully I'll get it soon.
How about you? Did you get Case/File number from them? Are you able to track your status online?

Hmm no my application reached on May 9th only as I got delivery confirmation from Fedex :) Anyways mine is still long way to go...

rgds
Anu

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
Thanks for the response. You have mentioned that I can track my application in CIC website... but I am still yet to get AOR/Case/File number from Buffalo's CIC. Hopefully I'll get it soon.
How about you? Did you get Case/File number from them? Are you able to track your status online?

Hmm no my application reached on May 9th only as I got delivery confirmation from Fedex :) Anyways mine is still long way to go...
I meant by "tracking" is the confirmation of receipt from your mailing service (FeDex for your case). I guess you've already did that and everything is good. 2nd thing you would do is checking with your bank if your bank draft/ money order has been cashed; it generally takes 6~10 weeks. Then you wait for a response (AOR or MED or Both) from Buffalo. Yes, you cannot check your app online (e-cas) until you get your File#.

strawbar

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
4-28-2011 Seattle
Med's Request
18-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
10-25-2012
Hi, guys

Finally I have received an e-mail from Seattle office that they need some more of additional documents like criminal records and extra
after I e-mailed them about my hubby's email address mistake.

but my hubby's work permit expries on ealry july, and I already applied for the extention.

Should I mention of work permit extention apply to Seattle officiers when I send those additional requested documents?

Guys let me know with the work permit expiring soon with the immigration files are still sitting in the office.

Thanks to you in advance.

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
strawbar said:
Hi, guys

Finally I have received an e-mail from Seattle office that they need some more of additional documents like criminal records and extra
after I e-mailed them about my hubby's email address mistake.

but my hubby's work permit expries on ealry july, and I already applied for the extention.

Should I mention of work permit extention apply to Seattle officiers when I send those additional requested documents?

Guys let me know with the work permit expiring soon with the immigration files are still sitting in the office.

Thanks to you in advance.
Dear Strawbar,

Well as far as I know you do not need to mention that you are applying for a extension. But yes ofcourse once you get your extension from USCIS you need to send new extension/I-94 copy to Seattle's CIC.

Samething happened with us...when our existing 1-94 got expired, we had applied for extension. Once we got our extension we gave a copy of extension/I-94 copy to AINP. Meanwhile AINP asked us a copy too. Basically its a proof which shows that you are still staying in USA with your new extension and it will help Seattle CIC's to further process your case. If not you need to show that you have returned to your home country so that as per that country's processing time they will process your case.

However if you know any attroney please ask their suggestions too.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
WoW Strawbar:

You got your MED REQ in less than 2 months...amazing :eek:

habao

Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2010
Nomination.....
20-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-04-2011
Med's Request
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2011
hi, i received my stamped PP back from seattle today

habao

Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2010
Nomination.....
20-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-04-2011
Med's Request
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2011
hi, yesterday i cross the border from Carway and did the official landing. It was quick, but border office informed us that we could also do the same stamping inside even.

strawbar

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
4-28-2011 Seattle
Med's Request
18-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
10-25-2012
Thank you for the reply anu, but my hubby is in Canada working in Canada.

anu_pallavi said:
Dear Strawbar,

Well as far as I know you do not need to mention that you are applying for a extension. But yes ofcourse once you get your extension from USCIS you need to send new extension/I-94 copy to Seattle's CIC.

Samething happened with us...when our existing 1-94 got expired, we had applied for extension. Once we got our extension we gave a copy of extension/I-94 copy to AINP. Meanwhile AINP asked us a copy too. Basically its a proof which shows that you are still staying in USA with your new extension and it will help Seattle CIC's to further process your case. If not you need to show that you have returned to your home country so that as per that country's processing time they will process your case.

However if you know any attroney please ask their suggestions too.