Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
when we are asked to submit passport and pics to have visa printed in, what else is required from buffalo?
I'm trying to prepare myself because I'll ask my friend to go in person on my behalf, thks for sharing folks!

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
ae03yy said:
when we are asked to submit passport and pics to have visa printed in, what else is required from buffalo?
I'm trying to prepare myself because I'll ask my friend to go in person on my behalf, thks for sharing folks!
you are done, Buffalo will send you an email with what is required, just follow the instructions...

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
superboy! I stickered my file number on the other side of the envelope and not where the sender/receiver information are. Will this become a problem? I entered my tracking number in canada post for the sending envelope and it says it was received in fort erie.. I just hope my passport dont get lost in transaction..

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
well I'm travelling from Ottawa for Easter and will be meeting with my friend in st catharines as I want to give her all the info. so can anyone share what thei letter says please. I know I'll receive the info in the mail too but it might arrive after my trip there.
What is Buffalo asking for exactly to get visa?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
well I'm travelling from Ottawa for Easter and will be meeting with my friend in st catharines as I want to give her all the info. so can anyone share what thei letter says please. I know I'll receive the info in the mail too but it might arrive after my trip there.
What is Buffalo asking for exactly to get visa?
Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance.

Please submit your passport(s) before May 1, 2011. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE:

Passport requirements

Photographs, height and eye colour

Instructions for passport submission

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mutt391 said:
superboy! I stickered my file number on the other side of the envelope and not where the sender/receiver information are. Will this become a problem? I entered my tracking number in canada post for the sending envelope and it says it was received in fort erie.. I just hope my passport dont get lost in transaction..
they do this on regular basis. its not only your passport going there. all is good.

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
Landed today in the border in St.Stephen, when we approached the border service of Canada, we told them our propose so we are asked to walk to the US customs, we showed our passports to the US customs and she gave me a paper back to Canada. We didn't fill in any form, it was so easy and the US customs were so nice.

Then we passed all our passports and COPR to Border service of Canada, she then input all our info into the computer and asked us to double check the info on the COPR are correct or not. Then we are asked to sign . ( i made a mistake, on the bottom of the COPR, we MUST BE CAREFUL that our signature cannot touch any part of the green boxes but I did it..), she had to print an additional paper for us to sign.. it took for a while.
but we weren't asked to show any work permit/financial proof/bank statement , also we weren't asked to resubmit any new photo, even the head sizes of our photos on COPR are bigger than the new request. We didn't remind her as I think they know the requirement very well. anyway, it was smooth except my signature.

she told me we can call the hotline to get the new SIN card number as both myself and my husband had the SIN number starting 9.. ( under work permit), she said we do not have to go to service of Canada to apply.. I wonder if I have to do it for my sons thru the hotline. anyway, we became the PR now!!!!!!!!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4mfamily said:
Landed today in the border in St.Stephen, when we approached the border service of Canada, we told them our propose so we are asked to walk to the US customs, we showed our passports to the US customs and she gave me a paper back to Canada. We didn't fill in any form, it was so easy and the US customs were so nice.

Then we passed all our passports and COPR to Border service of Canada, she then input all our info into the computer and asked us to double check the info on the COPR are correct or not. Then we are asked to sign . ( i made a mistake, on the bottom of the COPR, we MUST BE CAREFUL that our signature cannot touch any part of the green boxes but I did it..), she had to print an additional paper for us to sign.. it took for a while.
but we weren't asked to show any work permit/financial proof/bank statement , also we weren't asked to resubmit any new photo, even the head sizes of our photos on COPR are bigger than the new request. We didn't remind her as I think they know the requirement very well. anyway, it was smooth except my signature.

she told me we can call the hotline to get the new SIN card number as both myself and my husband had the SIN number starting 9.. ( under work permit), she said we do not have to go to service of Canada to apply.. I wonder if I have to do it for my sons thru the hotline. anyway, we became the PR now!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!
We were warned not to touch the green area for the signature.

If I were you I would still made sure that photos are good - Even though you think they know the picture sizes but sometimes visualization misleads.

Congratulations again.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
congrats 4mfamily and thanks 4 sharing the end of that story. wish you the best with the next chapter!
also thks sept15 4 ur quick reply, can't wait 4 my turn 2 come!!!

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
sept15 said:
they do this on regular basis. its not only your passport going there. all is good.
Thanks so much sept 15!! you are a boss! :)

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
4mfamily said:

Congrats !!! 4mfamily!!!

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
congrats 4mfamily!

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Got got the PPR email! Feels great to finally have this done with, will be firing off the passport first thing tomorrow.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipegmb said:
Got got the PPR email! Feels great to finally have this done with, will be firing off the passport first thing tomorrow.
Finally. Yay!

Happy for you.

We were in Toronto last few days hence you guys did not see me here...

Congratulations.

Let me know if you have any questions.

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Hello everybody!!

I am here with a good news.......
I got the ppr from Buffalo VO through email.
Please check my time line on the left.

Thay have given time till June 1, 2011 to submit the passports.

Thanks for everyone in the forum for all your support.
Now I have reached the last part of the process.

I will keep you updated.
;)