Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Pls see the latest reply from Buffalo VO for my status update email that i sent yesterday.

"Your file is in line for a final review by an immigration officer. We cannot estimate when a decision will be made, but we assure you that you will hear from us once the officer reviews your file.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section"

I know for sure, I am getting closer....but, really, how long does it take after this to get ppr???

Thanks!!

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
procan said:
Pls see the latest reply from Buffalo VO for my status update email that i sent yesterday.

"Your file is in line for a final review by an immigration officer. We cannot estimate when a decision will be made, but we assure you that you will hear from us once the officer reviews your file.

Immigration Section"

I know for sure, I am getting closer....but, really, how long does it take after this to get ppr???

Thanks!!

I got the same thing yesterday!
I've seen people take around three weeks from the first time they got an update like above.
I'm hoping not long. It appears we're pretty much in the exact same boat.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
procan said:

Immigration Section"

Thanks!!
Got similar response on Feb 7 and received PPR on March 16.

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
Thanks very much Sept 15, we will go landing on Sunday . I double checked my photos and found our head sizes are too big. So we will make new sets as it costs only 0.20 for 8pcs ( i developed those photos by the online software!)

sept15 said:
Here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4mfamily said:
Thanks very much Sept 15, we will go landing on Sunday . I double checked my photos and found our head sizes are too big. So we will make new sets as it costs only 0.20 for 8pcs ( i developed those photos by the online software!)
OK, and who is gonna stamp them on back - date? ! You need to stamp them too. I recommend you spent some couple of bucks on photos and ensure that all is good. And you just need one photo of each.

Yes, our heads were big too and that is what the officer said to us.

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
The photos on my COPR are accepted, I used the same software , only the head is too big for PR cards that i found now.

sept15 said:
OK, and who is gonna stamp them on back - date? ! You need to stamp them too. I recommend you spent some couple of bucks on photos and ensure that all is good. And you just need one photo of each.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4mfamily said:
The photos on my COPR are accepted, I used the same software , only the head is too big for PR cards that i found now.
Just telling ya. You may jump over 3 hurdles, fall on one! Its your call though.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:

You can write the date with the a pen/pencil. All they expect is a self backing paper. Self backing paper is the one that can retain what you write without smudging.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
You can write the date with the a pen/pencil. All they expect is a self backing paper. Self backing paper is the one that can retain what you write without smudging.
I am not sure if that is 1) Legal 2) ethical to do that since you and I are not authorized to stamp and date the picture...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STATUS CHANGED TODAY:

We started processing your application on July 2, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the North Portal office on April 5, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
I am not sure if that is 1) Legal 2) ethical to do that since you and I are not authorized to stamp and date the picture...
You are not required to stamp the date on the picture, you need to have the date written on the picture. Only requirement is to have the picture on a selfbacking paper. Selfbacking paper is the one that can retain ink on it without smudging or spreading. There is nothing illegal about it.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
Passport got to Fort Erie 2 weeks ago, no news yet, tracking number have no records...

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Question for those (lucky ones) who have already landed ... I haven't yet gotten a PPR so this might not seem like the most sensible question:

The photos you'd send along with the passport to Buffalo (in response to a PPR) are the ones which also are used for the PR card or do you provide photos for the PR card as part of landing?

Also, how many photos should I get done in total for PPR + landing (if required for landing at all)?

Thanks.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipegmb said:
Question for those (lucky ones) who have already landed ... I haven't yet gotten a PPR so this might not seem like the most sensible question:

The photos you'd send along with the passport to Buffalo (in response to a PPR) are the ones which also are used for the PR card or do you provide photos for the PR card as part of landing?

Also, how many photos should I get done in total for PPR + landing (if required for landing at all)?

Thanks.
This is a very genuine question. ITS THE SAME PICTURE. When you send 2 pictures to Buffalo for visa issuance, they will stick one photo on your COPR and return the second one. When you land, you take the COPR with your photo and the SAME PHOTO that is stuck on the COPR will be used for your PR Card. SO, do not follow the photo specification if Buffalo forwards you the wrong link - use the latest one. Thanks... UNLESS you wanna take some more pictures with you when you land...

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
sept15 said:
This is a very genuine question. ITS THE SAME PICTURE. When you send 2 pictures to Buffalo for visa issuance, they will stick one photo on your COPR and return the second one. When you land, you take the COPR with your photo and the SAME PHOTO that is stuck on the COPR will be used for your PR Card. SO, do not follow the photo specification if Buffalo forwards you the wrong link - use the latest one. Thanks...
but what about spec variation.

I thought when we are required passport to Buffalo, we submit alongside 2 pics. With those latest, they will attach one pic to CO-PR and return the remaining.
-The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″);
-The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).

And as final step for Permanent Resident Card we ought to supply 1 more pic:
-The photo must be 35 mm, (1 3/8”) X 45 mm (1 3/4”) too but
- The head must measure between 25 mm (1”) and 30 mm (1 1/5”) from crown to chin.
- in addition to be printed on quality photographic paper, been taken within the past 12 months