Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
LANDING COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY...painless, drove down and here is my story:

11am: arrived to the border no line-up just a few cars
11:05: approached the officer and told him we are her to complete our landing process in Canada
11:05: asked for passports swipped them and gave me an orange sticker and instructed me to drive into the parking lot and informed the other officer to direct me thru
11:06: parked the car and went into the office unfortunately lunch time was about and most of the officers left for lunch
13:00: finally officers came back
13:05: got called and asked me why was I there, explained the officer and he filled up a form and put there FLAGPOLE
13:10: took us out to the parking lot and he said I'll walk you thru and will wait for you and also will help you out to drive out back to Canada, also explained what I need to do when I get to the other side and what to show (very nice)
13:30: approached the Canadian side and told the officer (lady) we are here for landing
officer: All of you are landing?
me : yes
officer: Did you buy anything at the dutty free?
me : no
officer: do you have any cash or money order up to extra more than 10,000 to declare
me : no
officer: Where do you live?
me : here in Vancouver and gave the address
13:35: directed us to the parking lot and said to us there will be another officer waiting for us and he will instruct you what to do
13:37: officer: park your car, lock it up and come to me
officer: go into the office and wait to be assisted, no cells nor bluetooth are permited
13:40: officer: received our papers
officer: asked us, have you been convicted, denied entry to canada
All of us: answered NO
officer: all of you are landing
officer: have a seat and wait for me a few minutes
13:55 officer called us with all the paperwork done
officer: asked about the address and asked if we all live at the same address
14:00 officer explained a few things about the landing form, it can be used only if I want to go to US side by land but can't be used by plane, if any emergency and need to go back home I can request a Visa that will state PERMANENT RESIDENT. If not she advised us to wait for the PR card. All our rights are exactly the same as any CANADIAN citizen with the only exception that we can't vote.
14:05 Office congratulate us and welcome us to Canada. She did not ask for anything else but I gave my Job verification letter...
14:10 we drove out of the border with our passports and COPR copies stapled to our passports. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED....

AS YOU CAN SEE NOTHING BUT THE WAITING TIME IMPACTED MY PROCESS
Congratulations my friend. Happy for you.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

As usual I do have few questions:

1. what about photos? did you take some with ya? did you ask about requirment? please elaborate on this.

2. did you have to go to ask for a US visa, get declined, come back to CANADA side?

3. did they ask to verify your info. name, birth date etc.?

4. did you have to fill any form?

5. What all documents did you take and what were looked at. What should we take?

Thanks buddy.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
Congrats superboy_ec!!!!

I'd like to know as well if you needed to enter the USA and get the entry declined slip. That's the main reason why I don't wanna land via border...

Let us know

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
sept15 said:

1. what about photos? did you take some with ya? did you ask about requirment? please elaborate on this.

2. did you have to go to ask for a US visa, get declined, come back to CANADA side?

5. What all documents did you take and what were looked at. What should we take?

Thanks buddy.
This i gotta hear too. Seeing i'll be landing in peace arch too soon

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
sept15 said:
Just an additional note: Make sure you put your address on both of the envelopes 2) Put your file number on both side of both the envelope 3) Note the Tracking Numbers 4) DO not forget height and eye color and photos.

LIke Super indicated: SInce the envelopes are BIG, fold the return one and put it inside the going one. You need to purchase the right size of the envelope (big ones).

Congratualations...
Thanks sept15! when you said "file number" you meant the sticker one right? Also, the whole folding an envelope thing bothers me a bit.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:

Thanks buddy.

Yes, I did take additional photos with us but never asked for....

We did crossed the border but no farther than US custom offices, we did not ask for a visa, the officer as I said just filled up a FLAGPOLE form and then came back to Canada side

I already did way before going in there so I did not have to, We just signed the forms and that was it..

No, I did not fill any form

I took passports, COPR, Job Verification letter and BC Hydro Bill for an address confirmation so when the officer asked for the address I gave both Job Verification letter and BC Hydro bill (electricity). Additionally I took our current work permits and study permits, she asked for that and gave those to her, she said we no longer need them. She returned back Job verification letter plus bc hydro when she finished. Oh, and gave the flagpole form from US side to her plus the yellow form that Canadian border patrol officer gave me at the entrance. I also took the immunization record but was never asked.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
vbomb said:
Congrats superboy_ec!!!!

I'd like to know as well if you needed to enter the USA and get the entry declined slip. That's the main reason why I don't wanna land via border...

Let us know
I did not see entry declined wording in the form, all I saw was FLAGPOLE (term used for people driving around the CANADA-USA border, turning around and coming back to Canada to get the PR. The officer just filled up that form with all the names in it and passport expiry date and Country of issuing. I don't see any reasons why you can't do that.....

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
congratulation Superboy! we will land either next Sunday or Good friday, there were too much snows and storms these 2 days, we don't want to drive with the snow.. it will be our turn, will share our experience.

superboy_ec said:
I did not see entry declined wording in the form, all I saw was FLAGPOLE (term used for people driving around the CANADA-USA border, turning around and coming back to Canada to get the PR. The officer just filled up that form with all the names in it and passport expiry date and Country of issuing. I don't see any reasons why you can't do that.....

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
4mfamily said:
congratulation Superboy! we will land either next Sunday or Good friday, there were too much snows and storms these 2 days, we don't want to drive with the snow.. it will be our turn, will share our experience.
excellent, God Bless on that you will be fine for sure!!!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:

Yes, I did take additional photos with us but never asked for....

We did crossed the border but no farther than US custom offices, we did not ask for a visa, the officer as I said just filled up a FLAGPOLE form and then came back to Canada side

I already did way before going in there so I did not have to, We just signed the forms and that was it..

No, I did not fill any form

I took passports, COPR, Job Verification letter and BC Hydro Bill for an address confirmation so when the officer asked for the address I gave both Job Verification letter and BC Hydro bill (electricity). Additionally I took our current work permits and study permits, she asked for that and gave those to her, she said we no longer need them. She returned back Job verification letter plus bc hydro when she finished. Oh, and gave the flagpole form from US side to her plus the yellow form that Canadian border patrol officer gave me at the entrance. I also took the immunization record but was never asked.
Thanks Super. Very helpful. Congratulations again.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
sept15 said:
winnipeg - your BFD was today... so give it maximum of 3 weeks... but we pray you get it NEXT WEEK.
I appreciate the thought sept15!
Waiting *really* patiently for the PPR now ...

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
Thanks Super. Very helpful. Congratulations again.
Anytime buddy, I just checked my eCAS and it says "Complete":

We started processing your application on June 22, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Douglas office on April 2, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
superboy_ec said:
Thanks superboy! Do you know if the US customs person updated any of your information in their computer system? or did they just give you the physical form and that's it

What I'm afraid of is it's gonna show on my record as tried to enter the US if they update the records in the computer system THANKS! and congrats :)

Apr 4, 2011
vbomb said:
Thanks superboy! Do you know if the US customs person updated any of your information in their computer system? or did they just give you the physical form and that's it

What I'm afraid of is it's gonna show on my record as tried to enter the US if they update the records in the computer system THANKS! and congrats :)
Flagpoling is very common and there is nothing to worry. The officers know their job and it should not impact you in anyway.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got our passports back. Landing tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted. Landing at North Portal, Saskatchewan.
Yes, they did return one photo of myself and my wife.

COPR is a waste of paper - such a huge piece of paper.. LOL

Apr 4, 2011
sept15 said:
Just got our passports back. Landing tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted. Landing at North Portal, Saskatchewan.
Yes, they did return one photo of myself and my wife.

COPR is a waste of paper - such a huge piece of paper.. LOL
Dude the COPR is a dream for millions who do not have it. You have it so respect it and preserve it. Some might frame it and hang it in their living room.