Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jovan said:
Hi,

Is there anyone here who has submitted their passport to Buffalo and received the passports with the visa?

In the PPR email I got from Buffalo there is no instruction about including the date the passport pictures were taken at the back of the pictures. It just says the pictures should be recent (and in the link provided, it simply says the pictures must have been taken within the last 6 months)

I just wanted to make sure that other buffalo folks got the same instructions. I also want to hear from someone who sent their passports and got them back with the visa (i.e. without including the date at the back of the passport pictures).

Thanks
Jovan
Jovan - Can you answer this question for us since you have already received PPR. If you are in Canada, did you have to send your PP to Fort Erie and NOT Buffalo?
Did you enlose a prepaid Canada Post XPress envelope (not US-Canada bound)...since your PP will be mailed to you FROM Canada?

We have not received ours but would like to know this in advance. My source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/submit_soumettre.aspx

Thanks

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
I am not in Canada. I am in the US.

My application is in Buffalo and that is where I sent my passport.

I am sorry that I can't be of much help.

rainsplendid

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2009
Doc's Request.
None
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
Sep 13, 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 25, 2010 received Nov 16, 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 21, 2011
sept15 said:
I cannot comment on the first part of your message BUT you do not have to wait for the baby to arrive. Your baby to be will have the birth right to be a Canadian. You just need to inform CIC about the birth and possibly send his/her birth certificate. You do not need to send his/her passport. Birth certificate will suffice for the baby. But again, you and your wife do not have to wait to send the passport to CIC - send your passports as soon as you get the PPR. Baby is safe and do not worry about him/her. Just notify CIC of the birth. Thanks
Thank you for your prompt reply, sept15. Here is the information from buffalo's PPR email. As pointed out in this notice, "Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children prior to your becoming a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa."(see below) And it does not say the case of a baby born in Canada could be an exception.

Important notice for family members
Link: canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/notice_avis.aspx

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rainsplendid said:
Thank you for your prompt reply, sept15. Here is the information from buffalo's PPR email. As pointed out in this notice, "Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children prior to your becoming a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa."(see below) And it does not say the case of a baby born in Canada could be an exception.

Important notice for family members
Link: canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/notice_avis.aspx
Yes that is what I meant. If you receive your PPR, do not wait till you get the baby, just go ahead and send your PPs. In this way you would never be illegal even if the baby decides to peek out the next day after you mail your passports. But once the baby is born before or even after PPR, I would still notify them the birth with the birth Certificate. There is nothing they can do and this will neither affect your timelines - In short, your baby's birth is just for their information... You can email. fax or mail them your baby's Birth Cetificate to them.... (I have always assumed that your baby will be born in Canada - otherwise I do not know).

COngratulations to you and your wife... Babies are amazing and full of life....mine is 5 months and I cannot have enough of her...

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
Happy Vanlentine day, may God bless you and all receive the PPR very very soon.. How about today?
I hope i can get this present from Buffalo!

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
Same here, Happy Valentine's day to ALL!!

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
NO LETTER FROM BUFFALO TODAY.. KEEP WAITING. :-*

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
nope, nothing yet!!!...

rainsplendid

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2009
Doc's Request.
None
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
Sep 13, 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 25, 2010 received Nov 16, 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 21, 2011
sept15 said:
Yes that is what I meant. If you receive your PPR, do not wait till you get the baby, just go ahead and send your PPs. In this way you would never be illegal even if the baby decides to peek out the next day after you mail your passports. But once the baby is born before or even after PPR, I would still notify them the birth with the birth Certificate. There is nothing they can do and this will neither affect your timelines - In short, your baby's birth is just for their information... You can email. fax or mail them your baby's Birth Cetificate to them.... (I have always assumed that your baby will be born in Canada - otherwise I do not know).

COngratulations to you and your wife... Babies are amazing and full of life....mine is 5 months and I cannot have enough of her...
Thanks a lot, spet15. Yes, my baby will be born in Canada. I am confused when reading the notice from the Buffalo office website as follows (The Buffalo office seems have a different policy that without adding the baby into the case file prior to sending Passports could have breached the IRPA regulations, which could lead to PR withdrawal. It seems they do not care if the baby is born in Canada or not.):

Cited from: canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/notice_avis.aspx

Important notice for family members:

Do not submit your passports at this time if:

- you have married or divorced since our last correspondence;

- you have given birth or adopted a child since our last correspondence;

- you intend to get married or divorced prior to your landing in Canada;

or

- you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to your landing in Canada

If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your
application and be found admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be
issued. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children prior to
your becoming a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent
resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new
application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed
under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

In the event that you do have additional dependants to add to or remove from your
application, you should immediately advise our office. You will be asked to submit
evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter
advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take
place.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
ditto ... nothing so far.

superboy_ec said:
nope, nothing yet!!!...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipegmb said:
ditto ... nothing so far.
Nothing from me either.... I do not expect anything until Feb 18 and later though...
4mfamily and superboy (that i know of) - you folks are ahead....
Let all of us know if anything pops up - I have been on inspection the whole day - day really went fast without refreshing my email every minute! lol

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rainsplendid said:
Thanks a lot, spet15. Yes, my baby will be born in Canada. I am confused when reading the notice from the Buffalo office website as follows (The Buffalo office seems have a different policy that without adding the baby into the case file prior to sending Passports could have breached the IRPA regulations, which could lead to PR withdrawal. It seems they do not care if the baby is born in Canada or not.):

Cited from: canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/notice_avis.aspx

Important notice for family members:

Do not submit your passports at this time if:

- you have married or divorced since our last correspondence;

- you have given birth or adopted a child since our last correspondence;

- you intend to get married or divorced prior to your landing in Canada;

or

- you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to your landing in Canada

If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your
application and be found admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be
issued. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children prior to
your becoming a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent
resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new
application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed
under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

In the event that you do have additional dependants to add to or remove from your
application, you should immediately advise our office. You will be asked to submit
evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter
advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take
place.
This applies to a baby not born in Canada... does not apply to you...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a Tuesday and you know eCas MIGHT get updated....Check it out up until 5 pm today.
Good luck.

unique-mom

Feb 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes!!! thank you LORD... I received my ppr today.. hope all of you will receive yours too.. God bless you all!!!

Unique12

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3 2010
Nomination.....
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
June 28 2010
Med's Request
June 28 2010
Med's Done....
7.2.2010, reached 7.15.2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Congratulations unique-mom!!You do deserve it after waiting all this while..wishing you all the best.