waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
Canada Post may go on Strike on May 24... Sweet! CRAP.
No way!!!!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
No way!!!!
That is exactly what I said when I read that. They are talking tomorrow and the following days, if no agreement met, they would protest. Canada Posts' protests are NOT so good - I hope they meet with an agreement with the Union.../or whoever... And if all goes as planned, we should have our cards next week - but you know how that works...

Good luck to us. We are travelling on May 24...

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
That is exactly what I said when I read that. They are talking tomorrow and the following days, if no agreement met, they would protest. Canada Posts' protests are NOT so good - I hope they meet with an agreement with the Union.../or whoever... And if all goes as planned, we should have our cards next week - but you know how that works...

Good luck to us. We are travelling on May 24...
I hear ya, I am positive that all will go well.... ;)

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
7 months is a long time to wait for AOR and file number.
Anyone did medical in advance before it was requested? I heard it can speed things up a bit

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
I hear ya, I am positive that all will go well.... ;)
Super - I just called CIC at 1-888-242-2100 and the guy told me that our cards are not even produced yet!!! He sent an email to do them ASAP or to inquire why they are not done yet.

My wife's name is little confusing as its different than in her visitor permit and I am thinking this is the issue.

Can you please call CIC and let me know your status. Thanks Super. The guy was helpful and took his time to search our file and see its status.

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
Hello everyone,

I'm writing cause as you can see in my timeline I applied last may to Buffalo after medicals done in sep didn't got any information on my file until I asked in feb and they said they didn't need anything else from me at the moment and that my application was in process, a month later got transfer to NY and it's been 2 month already and I haven't heard anything, on apr 29 sent an email to see if I was able to get something and no response from them. Now next week it's going to be a full year since I applied and according to the timeline that's what in theory is taking to get the visa 12 month, would it be a good idea to send them an email asking for my status next week when I reach the 12 months of waiting? Or should I wait the 90 days they said we have to wait before contacting the new consulate? Any advice is greatly appreciate it! Thanks

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
Sept 15,

I will call them tomorrow to see my status, I landed after you, so means my cards are pending too??

sept15 said:
Super - I just called CIC at 1-888-242-2100 and the guy told me that our cards are not even produced yet!!! He sent an email to do them ASAP or to inquire why they are not done yet.

My wife's name is little confusing as its different than in her visitor permit and I am thinking this is the issue.

Can you please call CIC and let me know your status. Thanks Super. The guy was helpful and took his time to search our file and see its status.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4mfamily said:
Sept 15,

I will call them tomorrow to see my status, I landed after you, so means my cards are pending too??
Hey 4mfamily,

Thanks. Not necessarily because like I said we have had issues with my wife's name. She has just got one name in the passport! which is stupid. We will be doing a legal name change soon but thought to wait till we get the cards!! So it might be the fact that the name is causing issues... Yours might be already done and Superboy's too.

The officer did say that tomorrow is the 29th day and it should have been done by now!!!

Thanks and let me know ASAP after you chat with them.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:

Hey Sept, I just got on to see what's going on and saw your note. I will call them tomorrow for sure and will update everyone... you know my US PR is also approved and now I have to pay the fees, it hurts tho and I was a bit reluctant to do it 'cause of the situation in US. But I think I will do it just in case ( I have to pay 1,212 US$) ouch.. I haven't done so but what do you think....my brothers and sisters live there .... share your thoughts...

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
superboy_ec said:
Hey Sept, I just got on to see what's going on and saw your note. I will call them tomorrow for sure and will update everyone... you know my US PR is also approved and now I have to pay the fees, it hurts tho and I was a bit reluctant to do it 'cause of the situation in US. But I think I will do it just in case ( I have to pay 1,212 US$) ouch.. I haven't done so but what do you think....my brothers and sisters live there .... share your thoughts...
Also not sure if I can get a US visitor visa while I am waiting for the process to complete...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
Hey Super - I did not know that someone can be a PR of two Countries. I am so ignorant. I know some countries dual-citizenship, but never heard of PR.

If I were you, I would just be a PR of the Country I work and will continue work and where I want to be in future. You can always go to US for a visit once you have your Canadian Passport and if you apply for Visit Visa, they usually give visas for many years? But that is me - For me, I prefer Canada due to Politics and other sensitive situations....You know better and I am sure you will make a good decision - Let me know what happens tomorrow, my friend.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
guillej10,

Same here bro. Still waiting for it. By the way did you get CAIPS notes?

Thanks,
jo

guillej10 said:
Hello everyone,

I'm writing cause as you can see in my timeline I applied last may to Buffalo after medicals done in sep didn't got any information on my file until I asked in feb and they said they didn't need anything else from me at the moment and that my application was in process, a month later got transfer to NY and it's been 2 month already and I haven't heard anything, on apr 29 sent an email to see if I was able to get something and no response from them. Now next week it's going to be a full year since I applied and according to the timeline that's what in theory is taking to get the visa 12 month, would it be a good idea to send them an email asking for my status next week when I reach the 12 months of waiting? Or should I wait the 90 days they said we have to wait before contacting the new consulate? Any advice is greatly appreciate it! Thanks

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
josephdadreamer said:
guillej10,

Same here bro. Still waiting for it. By the way did you get CAIPS notes?

Thanks,
jo
Jo,

Nope I didn't request it, I thought I would have the visa by now. I'm just gonna wait till next week and on Thursday I will send an email saying that's it's been over a year since they received my application and that I would like to know the status and see what happens...

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
guillej10,

I sent inquiry last week but now till now no response. Usually they will send that scripted standard reply. I pointed out that it's over 12 months since my application. Keep in touch bro.

jo

guillej10 said:
Jo,

Nope I didn't request it, I thought I would have the visa by now. I'm just gonna wait till next week and on Thursday I will send an email saying that's it's been over a year since they received my application and that I would like to know the status and see what happens...

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:

Sept!!!, our cards were mailed yesterday!!.. hope they make it by friday....