sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mutt391 said:
Finally I got my passport back!! Thanks to all of you guys in this forum!.special shout out to superboy_ec & sept15. You guys are bosses!!. I'll be landing this Sunday @ peace arch so wish me luck :)
Hey buddy, Congratulations! Happy for ya.
I suggest that you read Superboy's Landing experience since his family also landed at the same place. Should be fun! Just do not be there at lunch time... Superboy's idea was that the border officer might provide him with some lunch BUT that did not happen. Plan your time accordingly.

Good luck.

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
superboy_ec said:
Congratulations mutt391....hey, we are all here to help, we just put our 2cents ;)
Thanks superboy! I will be doing my landing @ peace arch too,then i'll probably quit my current job. Another thing,they mispelled the city of birth in my COPR. I read the attached info and all they care for was if the name, dob, country of birth & citizenship is wrong so i guess i wont bother with that..I'll remain active in this forum just to give which like you said, my own 2 cents..Go! Canucks! Go!

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
sept15 said:
Hey buddy, Congratulations! Happy for ya.
I suggest that you read Superboy's Landing experience since his family also landed at the same place. Should be fun! Just do not be there at lunch time... Superboy's idea was that the border officer might provide him with some lunch BUT that did not happen. Plan your time accordingly.

Good luck.
Hahaha! thanks sept15. I will be hopping to the border late at night so i dont encounter any traffic and as for food I think i'll get into the border officer's good side if I bring them supper instead..what do you think? Also, I'm going to mexico for a much needed vacation, should i wait for my pr card or not? Congrats to all of us for becoming pr and good luck to the rest awaiting their turn!!

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
ellenskie said:
Thanks a lot Sept15,

Hi mutt391,

Congratz...
Thanks & Congrats to you too! looks like you're done as well!!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mutt391 said:
Hahaha! thanks sept15. I will be hopping to the border late at night so i dont encounter any traffic and as for food I think i'll get into the border officer's good side if I bring them supper instead..what do you think? Also, I'm going to mexico for a much needed vacation, should i wait for my pr card or not? Congrats to all of us for becoming pr and good luck to the rest awaiting their turn!!
Mutt - We have landed April 5, 2011 and we are flying to Dubai on May 10... Most probably we will not get our Card by then. I have asked a friend of mine to check our mails and he will be mailing it to us when we are outside Canada.
My suggestion: If you want to leave immediately for Mexico, do not wait for your card... Leave now and let your friend mail it to you when you are in Mexico... BUT if you want to return before your card comes in, you would need to apply for a Temporary Permit to get in... You would need your COPR copy for that...
Thanks

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
sept15 said:
Mutt - We have landed April 5, 2011 and we are flying to Dubai on May 10... Most probably we will not get our Card by then. I have asked a friend of mine to check our mails and he will be mailing it to us when we are outside Canada.
My suggestion: If you want to leave immediately for Mexico, do not wait for your card... Leave now and let your friend mail it to you when you are in Mexico... BUT if you want to return before your card comes in, you would need to apply for a Temporary Permit to get in... You would need your COPR copy for that...
Thanks
That makes sense..So you're still waiting for your PR Card huh? Did they give you a timeframe to when you should be receiving it? I'm not leaving till probably till middle of may or early june.Theres still a lot of things i need to take care of once i become pr.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mutt391 said:
That makes sense..So you're still waiting for your PR Card huh? Did they give you a timeframe to when you should be receiving it? I'm not leaving till probably till middle of may or early june.Theres still a lot of things i need to take care of once i become pr.
He said 1 month to 6-weeks. We still have not received ours. If you land May 1 - Expect it by June 15 (maximum).

strawbar

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
4-28-2011 Seattle
Med's Request
18-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
10-25-2012
Hi guys, I have a quick question.

I am waiting for my ppr from Buffalo. Since I sent the medical in Feb, I assume that i would get the ppr request around July.

The thing is that I am visiting my country for 2weeks in June, and if the request comes earlier than I expected like in June,

What should I do??

Is there any limited time to send the passport?

I hope the request and my tirp is not overlapped togother.

Thanks guys always!!!!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
strawbar said:
Is there any limited time to send the passport?
yes, but it's 1 or 2mths. so you should be fine no matter what!
You may want to give the key of your mailbox to a close friend, so they'll notify you of anything.

Binggay

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doeas it mean that when my files are transfered to LA. it's already ok?

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
LANDING EXPERIENCE (May 1,2011) [Tip: Never go on a Sunday Afternoon]

5 pm - Arrived at peace arch border
5:30 - Waiting in the car at the border
6:00 - Still waiting in the car (Bring beverages)
6:30 - Finally arrived at US Border.
- Greeted by US Officials and asked to what my purpose was. I said flag poling.
- They ask who owns the vehicle, and if i intend to sell goods in the US? (i was like wtf?, in my head of course)
- Then they gave me a yellow slip and asked to park the car at a lot by the consulate.
- Inside, I went in line with at least 30 students from a nearby school bus . Luckily an attendant realized i wasn't part of that group so he pointed me to an officer. The officer then looked at my papers and told me to return to my car & he will show me how to get back to Canada. Before unraveling an exit covered with a construction cone he handed me a paper that I indeed crossed the US side.

7:00 - Waiting in the border (On the way back to Canada)
7:30 - Arrived @ the border.
- the officers asked me if i have all my stuff here and i have nothing getting shipped to me? (Again i was like wtf?, and again also in my head)
- He then told me to park the car in the Canadian border officials lot
8:00 - The officer then ask me for my papers and told me to sit down and he'll just call my name
8:10 - The officer called my name
- he asked me if i was convicted, i answered no
- he asked if i was refused entry or was ordered to leave Canada, i said no as well
- he then told me to sign my initial in the copr 2 times, and to sign the box at the bottom of the copr in which you must only sign in the inside.IF you overlap the PAPER IS VOIDED, aaaaaahhh! (another 1 year!)
- He then told me about my rights as a pr and handed me a Canada flag & a pin
(As i was doing this there was a man beside me who was a convicted felon in the US. He was aggressively arguing with another border official. I was a little bit nervous.)
8:30 - Left for Canada, as Permanent Resident!

Well that was my landing experience!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mutt391 said:

- They ask who owns the vehicle, and if i intend to sell goods in the US? (i was like wtf?, in my head of course)
- Then they gave me a yellow slip and asked to park the car at a lot by the consulate.
- Inside, I went in line with at least 30 students from a nearby school bus . Luckily an attendant realized i wasn't part of that group so he pointed me to an officer. The officer then looked at my papers and told me to return to my car & he will show me how to get back to Canada. Before unraveling an exit covered with a construction cone he handed me a paper that I indeed crossed the US side.

- the officers asked me if i have all my stuff here and i have nothing getting shipped to me? (Again i was like wtf?, and again also in my head)
8:00 - The officer then ask me for my papers and told me to sit down and he'll just call my name
- he asked if i was refused entry or was ordered to leave Canada, i said no as well
- he then told me to sign my initial in the copr 2 times, and to sign the box at the bottom of the copr in which you must only sign in the inside.IF you overlap the PAPER IS VOIDED, aaaaaahhh! (another 1 year!)
(As i was doing this there was a man beside me who was a convicted felon in the US. He was aggressively arguing with another border official. I was a little bit nervous.)

Thanks for sharing. Get a new SIN and update CRA, your Employer, Health, credit card compnaies of your nEW SIN. Good luck. Thanks

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
mutt391 said:

Congrats mutt391..with regards to Credit Cards updating them with your new sin, you don't have to. I work with a bank institution and I was told I don't have to. I only went to my branch updated my records but called one of the CC and the guy told me I am not required or obligated to do it, he said you should keep that to yourself and be careful on giving that to anyone. I haven't yet updated my records at CRA since I filed my taxes with the previous SIN. But I already sent my request to BC health care deptmnt thru my employer since it is a group plan.

Binggay

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if after my medical last dec 2010, i got a notice that my file was transferred to LA last march 23. would that mean a faster processing and my PPR will come soon?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
Congrats mutt391..with regards to Credit Cards updating them with your new sin, you don't have to. I work with a bank institution and I was told I don't have to. I only went to my branch updated my records but called one of the CC and the guy told me I am not required or obligated to do it, he said you should keep that to yourself and be careful on giving that to anyone. I haven't yet updated my records at CRA since I filed my taxes with the previous SIN. But I already sent my request to BC health care deptmnt thru my employer since it is a group plan.
Super - You are FIRED. LOL.
Super is right. You DO NOT have to update your SIN with the credit card and the Credit Bureau but its a personal choice. I like to do that so that my records are kept correct and updated.

Super - I called CRA a week after we got our new SIN and I was surprise that Canada Service actually already updated CRA with our new SIN. That was too quick. CRA had my old number and Service Canada updated CRA with the new SIN. SO, I am 99.9% sure that CRA has your new SIN. And yes, I did file my tax with the old one.

Our Health cards are valid uptil 2012 so did not update Sask Health yet. Did update my Human Resource though.

Thanks