BUFFALO Transfer Files To Other Visa Office In US

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Here it is. Where ever it used read Buffalo, it has been changed to New York.
We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 23, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the New York office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the New York office on March 2, 2010. The New York office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 19, 2010.

We transferred your application to the New York office on October 14, 2011. The New York office may contact you.
bonny said:
Vermas,

Do you mind sharing with us what your online status reads right now?

Bonny

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I agree with what you are saying. If you search on this forum or on trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/add-discussion/32, you will see that many applicants have done it and benefitted from "advance medicals". This has been discussed in numerous threads.

Cheers...

NKKD Hortons said:
the letter from vo clearly states that medicals should not be done before they send
Forms. How do u justify that meds can be done in advance ?

sportsboy

Nov 11, 2010
I got a reply from VO today. I did my advance medical a month back and was just checking with VO whether they received my medical.

"Dear Sir, please advise which VO issued your medical." I think they are angry upon me for doing this advance medical and will refuse my application. I am so tensed.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Thanks. Could you pls tell us your timelines and Visa office.

sportsboy said:
I got a reply from VO today. I did my advance medical a month back and was just checking with VO whether they received my medical.

"Dear Sir, please advise which VO issued your medical." I think they are angry upon me for doing this advance medical and will refuse my application. I am so tensed.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I have read your post in another thread. You did your "advance medicals" before Buffalo transferred your file to Detroit, naturally it doesn't show on your "transferred file". Your medicals went to Ottawa and perhaps they are still to review and upload results in CAIPS/GCMS. So again, its not showing against your file number in the system.Rather than checking with Ottawa Regional Medical Office, you checked with VO and they are surprised with your query and have no answer, hence the mail. Ottawa should be uploading your results any time now. Relax and cheer up!!!

sportsboy said:

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
Friends,

I visited the only DMP in Bermuda :) and got below info:
1. There are five section

Section A: sent by Canada immigration, as it has photograph and all details filled in
Section B: questionair, they have that
Section C: Blood reports
Section D: X ray
Section E: .. forgot that .. something to do with HIV test i think.

so they said I need to wait for the form,

The cost is really high for 4 of us (2 adults + 2 Kids) .. its about 1000 USD .. Bermuda is anyways costliest place in the world but this is killing :(

can we do medical anywhere in the world with authorized DMP or it must be from the place where we live.

Thanks,

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
vermas said:
Here it is. Where ever it used read Buffalo, it has been changed to New York.
We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 23, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the New York office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the New York office on March 2, 2010. The New York office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 19, 2010.

We transferred your application to the New York office on October 14, 2011. The New York office may contact you.

Thanks so much Vermas. I hope everything would be much faster from here on.

Bonny

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
AspirantCanada said:
Friends,

I visited the only DMP in Bermuda :) and got below info:
1. There are five section

Section A: sent by Canada immigration, as it has photograph and all details filled in
Section B: questionair, they have that
Section C: Blood reports
Section D: X ray
Section E: .. forgot that .. something to do with HIV test i think.

so they said I need to wait for the form,

The cost is really high for 4 of us (2 adults + 2 Kids) .. its about 1000 USD .. Bermuda is anyways costliest place in the world but this is killing :(

can we do medical anywhere in the world with authorized DMP or it must be from the place where we live. yes u can do it from any where in the world.

Thanks,

burcu

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
03-02-2010
AOR Received.
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2011 transerred to Detroit
Med's Request
15-10-2011 (RPRF requested)
Med's Done....
July 2011 (done in advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Hi all!
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 4, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 3, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Detroit office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on February 10, 2010. The Detroit office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on October 5, 2011. The Detroit office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 14, 2011.

what used to be Buffalo is now replaced with Detroit. My file was transferred on Oct-5th, I got the medical request on Oct-15th, I'd done my medicals in advance, back in June-July,
the email I received from Detroit states that they have the medicals, and the interview is waived.

Wish you all the best!

Kismat_Konnection

Oct 6, 2011
sportsboy said:

You don't need to make your own speculations. Doing medicals in advance is not a criterion of application refusal. A lot of people have got benefit out of it. Just tell them that you have done the medicals in advance. Tell them the date of medical, the date when your DMP sent the medical to Ottawa and the date when it was received at Ottawa. They will trace it out. You should not be worried because of it.

Purkoni

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2011 to Seattle,WA
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
burcu said:
Hi all!
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 4, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 3, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Detroit office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on February 10, 2010. The Detroit office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on October 5, 2011. The Detroit office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 14, 2011.

what used to be Buffalo is now replaced with Detroit. My file was transferred on Oct-5th, I got the medical request on Oct-15th, I'd done my medicals in advance, back in June-July,
the email I received from Detroit states that they have the medicals, and the interview is waived.

Wish you all the best!
Congratulation my brother.You are lucky man!
Good luck in new Canadian life.
I have similar time with you.O God please help me!

sportsboy

Nov 11, 2010
When I enquired about my file status from Detroit where my file has recently been transferred, I got an immediate reply from VO.

"Dear Sir,

Records indicate that this office sent correspondence to you on October 7, 2011. In this correspondence was immigration medical forms and instructions. "

My lawyer has not received any mail/email till date. When they send medical request do they send hard copies of medical forms in MAIL/ just email with scanned documents.

What should I do now, it's almost more than 2 weeks I am waiting for the correspondence. Is it lost?

Somebody please advise what to do.

sportsboy

moein

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2010
Congrats Sportsboy.

sportsboy said:
When I enquired about my file status from Detroit where my file has recently been transferred, I got an immediate reply from VO.

"Dear Sir,

Records indicate that this office sent correspondence to you on October 7, 2011. In this correspondence was immigration medical forms and instructions. "

My lawyer has not received any mail/email till date. When they send medical request do they send hard copies of medical forms in MAIL/ just email with scanned documents.

What should I do now, it's almost more than 2 weeks I am waiting for the correspondence. Is it lost?

sportsboy

Eliza.W

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
sportsboy said:

"Dear Sir,

sportsboy
It may be on its way, wait patiently for another week...

BTW, when did you get your file transferred to Detroit? Could you share your timeline with us? Thanks

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
It seems that Buffalo has been transferring files of those applicants who received their first AOR from CIO, Sydney, NS during the period December 2009 - March 2010, perhaps to reduce the backlog and expedite MI-1 cases which were not moving. The satelite missions may not be as busy as Buffalo and they may still have some room left in their annual visa quota. No further movement is visible at NY VO but Detroit VO has started sending MRs within 2-3 weeks of transfer of files from Buffalo.

Immigration quota for Federal skilled worker visa in 2011 is 55,900 (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2011/02/15/pol-visas-skilled-workers.html). Annual quota under MI-2 (June 2010 - June2011) was 20,000 and under MI-1 (July 2011 to June 2012) is 10,000. That indicates there is room for MI-1s now.

Cheers..