+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends please help:

Our COPR was issued in March but was lost, we finally got a new one a week ago and it expires in August. We live in the US. Two months is not enough for my wife to organize herself, pack everything, terminate our numerous obligations and move. For crying out loud, the movers in our area have a 3 month wait list!

So here are my questions:

-We plan to go there in three weeks, just land and tell them that our COPR was lost, we only received it last month and we need more time to gather our belongings. So we plan to go back in a week and come back to stay later. We will provide them with an address in Ontario for our PR cards to go to. Since we are from a visa exempt country we don't need a visa to come back. Can this be done? Or will they get mad at us for leaving after a week?

-If it can be done, we will literally bring nothing with ourselves this time, but we wanted to prepare two B4 documents. One that includes all our furniture and belongings that will come with the movers later, and one B4 for the expensive things, like jewelry and other stuff we would bring with ourselves the next time we come to stay. Can this be done? Having two separate B4 docs of things that will come later, one for merchandise coming with movers and one for more expensive things coming with us?

Please let me know, this has been very difficult on my family, we have waited 4 years now... Any advice you may have will be most welcome.

Thank you,
Cam1234

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application and May 2014
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
First AOR 10-2011, second AOR December 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
October -2013 and RPRF paid on Oct 2013
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 7-15-2014 PPR 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
Samnov said:
Hi anybody how in case still visiting this forum. I just received our passports with stamped visas. I wish everyone how still waiting for it successfully bring it finally to end. Wish u guys all the best. I'll land on August first in Toronto. Can anyone host me or sublet my family for a week or two. Best wishes

Samnov
Samnov,

You must be sweating on the dance floor from the joy of being the newly admitted PR of Canada! Congratulations.

lincoln

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
PER March 13 2012
Med's Request
March 04 2014 Baby Med April 07 2014
Med's Done....
March 17 2014 Baby Med April 09 2014
Passport Req..
April 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 28 2014
LANDED..........
June 04 2014
Samnov said:
Hi anybody how in case still visiting this forum. I just received our passports with stamped visas. I wish everyone how still waiting for it successfully bring it finally to end. Wish u guys all the best. I'll land on August first in Toronto. Can anyone host me or sublet my family for a week or two. Best wishes

Samnov
Congrats Samnov :)

If you are looking for a place in Calgary let me know.

Anyone looking for an apartment for 3 or 4 months in Calgary?

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
cam1234 said:
Hello friends please help:

Our COPR was issued in March but was lost, we finally got a new one a week ago and it expires in August. We live in the US. Two months is not enough for my wife to organize herself, pack everything, terminate our numerous obligations and move. For crying out loud, the movers in our area have a 3 month wait list!

So here are my questions:

-We plan to go there in three weeks, just land and tell them that our COPR was lost, we only received it last month and we need more time to gather our belongings. So we plan to go back in a week and come back to stay later. We will provide them with an address in Ontario for our PR cards to go to. Since we are from a visa exempt country we don't need a visa to come back. Can this be done? Or will they get mad at us for leaving after a week?

-If it can be done, we will literally bring nothing with ourselves this time, but we wanted to prepare two B4 documents. One that includes all our furniture and belongings that will come with the movers later, and one B4 for the expensive things, like jewelry and other stuff we would bring with ourselves the next time we come to stay. Can this be done? Having two separate B4 docs of things that will come later, one for merchandise coming with movers and one for more expensive things coming with us?

Please let me know, this has been very difficult on my family, we have waited 4 years now... Any advice you may have will be most welcome.

Thank you,
Cam1234
Cam what you suggest is absolutely fine, and it is what we did. They will not be mad about you returning, if they ask just let them know you're returning after a week to get things settled but needed to land before the expiry date. We provided customs with two copies of B4 and let them know that we would be bringing our remaining belongs after find a permanent place to live etc. I'm not sure about the two different B4 lists, I would think just to put everything on one list and let the movers know that you will bring the more expensive things yourself. When I landed another family came in while we were waiting and they didn't even have their B4 list, the officer gave them one and they got to work figure out what to put on it :) They were very happy that we already had our made up with picture etc. Don't worry Cam you are almost there, actually the landing was quite anti climatic after all the waiting etc that we went through.

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2011july20 said:
Samnov,

You must be sweating on the dance floor from the joy of being the newly admitted PR of Canada! Congratulations.
Oh yes I'm or better I was coz now I'm cold again. I bought tickets already
For first of August and cannot find apartment.

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
Wolvy said:
Use a rental truck :) Hopefully, next month we will have a leased home and will bring all our belongings in a rental truck. Probably Uhaul or something like it since like you, our car isn't big enough. Just include everything that you intend to bring on the GTF list and keep the copy that they stamped when you you land. From what I've read and the experience of a few friends it isn't a problem.
One more question to ask you about landing: If you pack a 40' trailer full of your items, how are the border officers supposed to check everything (off-load and reload ) or you have to provide the B4 form and the GTF list?

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
2011july20 said:
One more question to ask you about landing: If you pack a 40' trailer full of your items, how are the border officers supposed to check everything (off-load and reload ) or you have to provide the B4 form and the GTF list?
Yes you would still need your forms goods accompanying and goods to follow. I haven't moved our house yet but included all in my gtf, which they stamped and kept one copy when we landed. Technically they can check everything on your trailer. But what my friends' experiences is that they may open and look at the trailer contents but I haven't heard of them taking the whole lot out. One person they just asked if it was everything they they bringing in and it was, she was disappointed because she packed so well thinking that they'd want to inspect it. I know every time I cross now they ask if I am bringing anything over.

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
Wolvy said:
Yes you would still need your forms goods accompanying and goods to follow. I haven't moved our house yet but included all in my gtf, which they stamped and kept one copy when we landed. Technically they can check everything on your trailer. But what my friends' experiences is that they may open and look at the trailer contents but I haven't heard of them taking the whole lot out. One person they just asked if it was everything they they bringing in and it was, she was disappointed because she packed so well thinking that they'd want to inspect it. I know every time I cross now they ask if I am bringing anything over.
Wolvy,
Thanks alot!

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolvy said:
Cam what you suggest is absolutely fine, and it is what we did. They will not be mad about you returning, if they ask just let them know you're returning after a week to get things settled but needed to land before the expiry date. We provided customs with two copies of B4 and let them know that we would be bringing our remaining belongs after find a permanent place to live etc. I'm not sure about the two different B4 lists, I would think just to put everything on one list and let the movers know that you will bring the more expensive things yourself. When I landed another family came in while we were waiting and they didn't even have their B4 list, the officer gave them one and they got to work figure out what to put on it :) They were very happy that we already had our made up with picture etc. Don't worry Cam you are almost there, actually the landing was quite anti climatic after all the waiting etc that we went through.
It's so good to hear from you Wolvy :) Thank you for the information, I will do as you say... This process has taken so long, I might get depressed when it's over and I have nothing to worry about :p

Best to you, hope you are enjoying your new life in Canada 8)
Cam

shinbukan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
London, ON
Hello Fellow forum members,

Just an update, probably the last one ;D
I received the passports with COPR today at 14:15, 20 days after I sent the passports to CIC.
Without wasting any time, I completed the landing process today at 20:15 at Blue Water Bridge, Sarnia.
The whole process took about 3 hours and a half, for landing, plus 3 years and 14 days.
I wish good news for those who are waiting.
With such a long wait, when you get your PR, it's no more exciting, just a load off your shoulders, at least it was for me.
Wish you all luck and prosperity in your new journey.

Thanks
Shinbukan

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
shinbukan said:
Hello Fellow forum members,

Just an update, probably the last one ;D
I received the passports with COPR today at 14:15, 20 days after I sent the passports to CIC.
Without wasting any time, I completed the landing process today at 20:15 at Blue Water Bridge, Sarnia.
The whole process took about 3 hours and a half, for landing, plus 3 years and 14 days.
I wish good news for those who are waiting.
With such a long wait, when you get your PR, it's no more exciting, just a load off your shoulders, at least it was for me.
Wish you all luck and prosperity in your new journey.

Thanks
Shinbukan
Hi Shinbukan,
Congrats, wish you best of luck.
Samnov

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
shinbukan said:
Thanks Samnov.
I wish you luck too.

S
Congrats Shinbukan. Welcome to Canada

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
lincoln said:
Congrats Samnov :)

If you are looking for a place in Calgary let me know.

Anyone looking for an apartment for 3 or 4 months in Calgary?
Hey, please inbox me. I know somene that is looking for an apartment to rent in Calgary for just that period.

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
2011july20 said:
Wolvy,
Thanks alot!
2011july20, how far with your PR? Trust that something positive awaits you this week.