Aug 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
com2canada said:
They clearly state they are not responsible for any loss of passports, so what happens if anything happens when they clearly haven't asked for it?

I hope you know the instructions and address of where to send documents is different from that of passports?
Yes you are right. It is risky and no idea about the address to send. I just gave up my idea :)

Fortunate

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Any idea about the difference in sending requested docs by email, or, by mail?
I mean which one will result in a faster processing, considering delivery time(email right away, mail 2 days, officer access to my docs,.....any idea if they have to scan all my docs if they receive in mail?

another question; I did my medical about a month ago, no update in my ecase since 2 years ago yet! Is it the same for everybody?

Thanks

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ehsantjf said:
Hi Paul,

I noticed that you didn't receive the Medical Forms in your email.
I've received the email requesting the docs and Medical, but I didn't receive the forms yet. Should I go on and book an appointment with a doctor?
Hello,
you should check with your doctor to see if they will accept you for an exam with just your UCI number. The first two examiners I called (both in NY state) said I needed the biodat page (IMM 1017E) in order to make an appointment. However, the third examiner I called (in Toronto) said he could find my information in eMed with just my UCI number. I was skeptical but I did my medical exam last week with no problems - gave them my UCI number and they found what they needed. So, my advice is to check with the examiner first. Also FYI, if you live anywhere near the border, get your exam done in Canada NOT the states - it costs about half as much in Canada due to the lower cost of healthcare there; chest X-rays and lab work are much more affordable north of the border :)

Also, any other questions, please message me - I only check this site about once a week.

Paul

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Friends,
can anyone who has received their visa and passport back tell me/us when your visa expires? I have read on here that the entry visa expires the same day as the medical but then I've also read that the some PR visas expire 6-7 months after issuance, i.e., you have 6-7 months after your visa issuance to enter Canada using your PR visa and claim your PR status. Does anyone know what the exact timeline is?

Like a few others on here, I won't be able to just uproot and move north the day after I get my PR visa. It's going to take me a few months to get my things in order - and I am wondering how long we have after we get our passports back from CIC with the visa before it expires.

Paul

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
paul2587 said:
Friends,
can anyone who has received their visa and passport back tell me/us when your visa expires? I have read on here that the entry visa expires the same day as the medical but then I've also read that the some PR visas expire 6-7 months after issuance, i.e., you have 6-7 months after your visa issuance to enter Canada using your PR visa and claim your PR status. Does anyone know what the exact timeline is?

Like a few others on here, I won't be able to just uproot and move north the day after I get my PR visa. It's going to take me a few months to get my things in order - and I am wondering how long we have after we get our passports back from CIC with the visa before it expires.

Paul
You will know when you get your passport back. Expiry dates differ.

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
Fortunate said:
I mean which one will result in a faster processing, considering delivery time(email right away, mail 2 days, officer access to my docs,.....any idea if they have to scan all my docs if they receive in mail?

another question; I did my medical about a month ago, no update in my ecase since 2 years ago yet! Is it the same for everybody?

Thanks
I would suggest send it through email. It is pretty fast. Ecase not updated......its normal. May be after 2 to 3 months your case may show medical received.

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fortunate said:

Thanks
I guess everyone should decide for themselves... I sent it through mail because of identity theft. Emails are very easy to intercept and let's face it the docs they are asking for has everything there is about us, including our banking information... so I paid $20 and waited 2 weeks... others may feel emails are safe however... you choose.

Fortunate

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Thanks cam1234 and malisa, for the replies.

At the moment, the fastest way is important for me; sending docs through internet may put you in a risk of theft....but I leverage the risk with speed now.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
com2canada said:
You will know when you get your passport back. Expiry dates differ.
Thanks, you're a world of help to me as usual ::) It is obvious that it varies since a cursory search on here shows some people get 1 year expiry dates, some get 6-7 months and for some it apparently says something along the lines of "valid until expiration of passport or medical exam, whichever comes first".

I'd still like to know what anyone who is currently getting their passport back is getting for an expiration date. I haven't seen any evidence of short (<6 month) expiration dates yet, curious if those are happening.

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
Fortunate said:
Thanks cam1234 and malisa, for the replies.

At the moment, the fastest way is important for me; sending docs through internet may put you in a risk of theft....but I leverage the risk with speed now.
You are always welcome!
I always sent through email, except the pcc because it needs to be sent in original. I think these official email addresses are highly secured.

sdnd2000

Jan 15, 2013
Hi, guys, I received the email from CPP-ottawwa that they ask me updated documents. Basically, I am a May 2010 applicant and submitted all the docs including medical and landing fees in last summer. I noticed that one of the forms asks for IELTS record, but I submitted Toefl and GRE instead of IELTS 3 years ago. So I am not sure if I need do IELTS. And they are not evaluating me , right ?

· Updated IMM0008 “Generic Application Form For Canada”

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

· Updated IMM5669 “Schedule A” for yourself

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.PDF

· Updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” for yourself

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf

· Updated “Schedule 3” for yourself http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_3e.pdf

(Please note: We ask that you complete all information on the Schedule 3 with the exception of section 6: Canadian Educational Credential or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report, it is not required. In Section 7, if you have already provided language testing results, we do not require them again. If they have not previously been provided, we ask that you send us your completed language testing results)

· Updated evidence of settlement funds (showing 6 months deposits/ withdrawals history) for yourself

· Medical examination for yourself
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

· New original police certificate for yourself from your current country of residence

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

· Updated letter of reference from current employer confirming employment along with detailed description of your duties OR proof of current enrollment and attendance at school.

piscespao

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
From Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/20/2012
Doc's Request.
10/9/2013
Nomination.....
PER on March 16th, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 02/20/2012
Med's Request
8/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/10/2013
Passport Req..
2/04/2014
LANDED..........
I PRAY, HOPE n DREAM I will land in 2014
HELP!!! In the website of the FBI there is this note.... Can anyone explain me what means

Note: Due to upcoming changes in processing, effective October 12, 2013, the FBI will no longer be accepting self-addressed stamped envelopes with Departmental Order requests. Envelopes received postmarked after this date will be destroyed. Thank you for your patience as we try to streamline our processes to improve our service to you.

That part of *self-addressed stamped envelopes with Departmental Order requests*
It means maybe I can not send an extra envelope prepaid to make it faster? OR?