+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

parlin

Jun 21, 2012
I got my PPR on 18th Nov but from 19th the ECAS is not logging me is says the system could not identify me. I however sent the passport feeling that the site might get fixed soon, but still the ECAS is not opening. They received by passport on 2nd Dec. Do you guys think i should reach out to them why i am not getting logged in or wait? Any thoughts or suggestions highly appreciated....

NavSingh

Dec 12, 2013
Hi, entered Canada more then a week ago, am now a PR. ;D

PPR: Nov 11 2013 (Requested Passport number US Citizen)
PPR2: Nov 29 2013 (Got landing papers through mail)
Entry: Dec 1 2013 (Starting of a new life)

Thank you all for posting, and keep posting to help each other through stress full times. :)

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed today via driving across border from US; was extremely fast and easy. I was not required to show proof of funds or any supporting documents; just gave the CBSA officer my COPR document, gave her my new Canadian address, signed the document and that was it. She gave me the second copy back with both of our signatures for my own records until my PR card arrives in the mail (she said up to 12 weeks for it right now!). I still can't believe how simple the entire thing was, and fast (about 15 minutes total from arrival to finish). After I got my copy of the signed COPR she told me I'm now officially a permanent resident as of today.

I did this in the morning and then went and enrolled in the provincial healthcare, got my social insurance number (SIN) and opened up a bank account. Tomorrow is changing licence plates and driver's licence (which will be easy since it's an automatic/instant exchange if you already have a US licence; you don't need to take any tests). Despite waiting over 2.5 years for my PR, the entire thing today took 15 minutes to complete.

Good luck everyone. I won't be reviewing this forum/website anymore since it has served its purpose for me and I've now completed my immigration. Until of course I'm applying for citizenship 3 years from today, in which case you'll be able to find me over at the citizenship forum :) It's been a long 2.5 years of waiting on here since I originally applied and it is nice to be able to say goodbye.

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hello All,

I have a small query regarding my medical examinations. I have received my request for medicals about 10 days ago and now I am planning to book an appointment. Can I book an appointment in a different city from where I am staying right now? (I stay in Gurgaon, India but am planning to book an appointment in Hyd, India since I am going on a vacation for about 2 weeks to Hyderabad)

Thanks in advance
Sarat

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application and May 2014
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
First AOR 10-2011, second AOR December 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
October -2013 and RPRF paid on Oct 2013
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 7-15-2014 PPR 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
sarat104 said:
Hello All,

I have a small query regarding my medical examinations. I have received my request for medicals about 10 days ago and now I am planning to book an appointment. Can I book an appointment in a different city from where I am staying right now? (I stay in Gurgaon, India but am planning to book an appointment in Hyd, India since I am going on a vacation for about 2 weeks to Hyderabad)

Thanks in advance
Sarat
It doesn't matter where it is done as long as it is done!

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
sarat104 said:
Hello All,

Thanks in advance
Sarat

Provided the doctor is approved by CIC to do immigration medical exams, you will be fine. All the best.

canadaflorida

Jul 20, 2012
canadaflorida said:
Hi Paul 2587,

paul2587 said:
Landed today via driving across border from US; was extremely fast and easy. I was not required to show proof of funds or any supporting documents; just gave the CBSA officer my COPR document, gave her my new Canadian address, signed the document and that was it. She gave me the second copy back with both of our signatures for my own records until my PR card arrives in the mail (she said up to 12 weeks for it right now!). I still can't believe how simple the entire thing was, and fast (about 15 minutes total from arrival to finish). After I got my copy of the signed COPR she told me I'm now officially a permanent resident as of today.

I did this in the morning and then went and enrolled in the provincial healthcare, got my social insurance number (SIN) and opened up a bank account. Tomorrow is changing licence plates and driver's licence (which will be easy since it's an automatic/instant exchange if you already have a US licence; you don't need to take any tests). Despite waiting over 2.5 years for my PR, the entire thing today took 15 minutes to complete.

Good luck everyone. I won't be reviewing this forum/website anymore since it has served its purpose for me and I've now completed my immigration. Until of course I'm applying for citizenship 3 years from today, in which case you'll be able to find me over at the citizenship forum :) It's been a long 2.5 years of waiting on here since I originally applied and it is nice to be able to say goodbye.

Hi, Paul 2587,

May I know what documents did you prepare for crossing the border by land, using your own car? Did you show any papers to the immigration pertaining to your car and what insurance do you have, US insurance or you got another one from Canada? kindly let me know as we are also planning to cross the border bringing our car. thank you... Or anyone please enlighten me with this as Paul might be busy already. Thank you

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
paul2587 said:

Congrats Paul,
Did u have to show the US side also passport or u only say u are
Here for landing and they let u go to Canadian officers?

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
paul2587 said:

Congrats paul2587...we are all praying for this kind of speedy processing. Have a blessed stay in Canada

gimmered

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
Doc's Request.
12-11-2013
Med's Request
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
Most likely in August 2014
Samnov said:
Congrats Paul,
Did u have to show the US side also passport or u only say u are
Here for landing and they let u go to Canadian officers?
You don't have to stop at any check point when exiting the US. You only stop at the Canadian immigration station on the way to Canada. Similarly, while exiting Canada and entering the US, you only stop at the US immigration check-point. Hope this helps.

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
gimmered said:
You don't have to stop at any check point when exiting the US. You only stop at the Canadian immigration station on the way to Canada. Similarly, while exiting Canada and entering the US, you only stop at the US immigration check-point. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
alexalex said:
I got landing papers today and did landing already.

They received my photos on Dec 2, Decision made on Dec 6, CPR issued Dec 2, received landing papers on Dec 11, did landing on Dec 11. I did not have to send the passport (visa-exempt), so it took only 9 days (more that 2.5 years all together)

Landing was quick and easy, standard questions from papers, did not ask anything else.

Praise God!!! Thank you, Lord, for a great lesson of patience, humbleness and trust.

I wish good luck to everyone on the forum! I am pretty sure, that most (if not all) of Buffalo cases will be finished by the mid 2014, so stay strong and grow in faith.
Congrats Fella! :D

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.