+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo timeline

torr

Aug 8, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hello!

I've recently got a letter from CPC-M stating that I'm approved to sponsor my wife and her documents will be transferred to Buffalo office.

According to this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#west Current processing Times in Buffalo office are:
30% of cases finalized in: 4 months
50% of cases finalized in: 5 months
70% of cases finalized in: 8 months
80% of cases finalized in: 9 months

My question is this time starting from the date CPC-M transfered documents or after receiving AOR that can also take some time?

Actually we are quite tough with time as my wife is in the US on student visa and she's about to graduate. We need to make a decision whether she's graduating in February and have 2 month to legally stay in US after that or shift the graduation to June which means that she'll be staying in US till that time (and we want to be together as quick as possible).

So, I would really appreciate your thoughts on what chances are that her case will be done till the end of March?

It's not likely that there will be any delays cause all our documents are fine, we know each other for ages and we've paid all the fees in advance.

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
Mine was very recently approved through Buffalo less than a month after my sponsorship was approved, but it sounds like others here have not had such luck - there's no way to tell.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
Mine was through Buffalo as well, transferred to NYC a month after sponsorship was approved and passport requested 2 months later. Took about four months in total. I would guess that if you sent all required documents, fees, everything normal with medical and background checks and plenty of proof of your relationship so no interview is required, you'll probably be done easily by March.

Good luck to you!

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torr,
Lets compare the timeline. My file was recently approved by Mississauga on Spe 03 and I was told that the file has been transferred to Buffalo on Sep 03. We will see how it goes...Pls keep me posted.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received AOR today for my sponsorship.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I am unable to track the file on eCAS using my Immigration File Number...Do you think it takes a while before I can logon?

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyways, I was able to logon today. It seems to me that when you get an AoR, you still cannot logon to eCAS until they start processing. They started the processing in my case on Sep 14.

piscesman

May 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
AOR Received.
27-08-2009
File Transfer...
16-09-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2009
LANDED..........
01-02-2010
Our application began processing in Buffalo on August 27, but now I learned through Ecas that the file has been transferrred to the Los Angeles office....presumably to "expedite" processing, but I suspect it will just slow things down....Buffalo seems to be sending a lot of applications to other offices.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you live in West Cost? Is LA closer to your placE?

piscesman

May 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
AOR Received.
27-08-2009
File Transfer...
16-09-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2009
LANDED..........
01-02-2010
My wife's address-of-record is in Colorado...but she is visiting with me in Canada right now. I just checked on Trackitt and we are the ONLY app listed in L.A.!! May turn out to be a good thing....who knows?