+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO same day service

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
I have to apply for a post graduate work permit from buffalo. I have completed my masters from toronto in one and half year. Do you have any idea for how long buffalo office give me post grad work permit. I heard if you apply to buffalo they usually give a 3 year PGW permit regardless of the length of the program.
And also i have to renew my TRV as it expires in about 3 months. Do they still provide same day service ?? If not do you know how long do they take? Is it better for me to get a US visa and apply from buffalo office in person. or if i dont get the US visa can i mail them my passport and apply my PGWP from buffalo as i have heard that you get a 3 year Post grad work permit even if your length of program is about a year or so ..

Any comments on this matter would be appreciated
Thanks.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

Temporary resident visa:

By mail: a minimum of 30 days*
In person: a minium of 30 days*

Study permit :

Work permit:

Permanent resident travel document:

* These are approximate processing times only. Some applications take longer to process for various reasons. For example, the following factors could delay the processing of your application:

Sam_Ali

Nov 23, 2011
Just got back from the consulate in Buffalo last week.

As long as all your documents are in order and everything checks out they still issue a visa on the same day. It likely helps alot if they were the office that issued the visa initially and you're going to renew and expired TRV (which was the case with me).

I'm on a post-graduate work permit, my TRV expired and since I wanted to travel in and out of the country freely, I made a one day trek to Buffalo.

I'd suggest getting there early in the morning - (around 7:50 am) - they open their offices around 8 am.

There's a bit of a wait (about 2-3 hours) but i got it the same day without any hasstles.

Again, make sure your application is COMPLETE and PERFECT.

Northamerican

Jul 18, 2010
Dear Sam

I am in similar situation. I am on a PGWP and expired TRV. Will I be able to get a TRV within 1 day/week? I am also from one of the countries that require 10 day mandatory waiting period but you know staying 10-15 days there will cost me a fortune.I need to travel outside canada within a month and I don't want to send my Passport though mail. I have a few questions for you.It would be really great if you could find time to answer my questions.
I have no money in my account...so..I want to know if I will require a bank statement?
Also I work in Tim Hortons ( Part-Time) will that suffice? or I need a full time work?
Should I need a letter from my employer? or the pay slips will be enough?
Do you have to complete the application online or the usual print and fill type?

waiting for your kind kind reply.
Thanks and Regards~

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
hey SAM hi.. read ur post.. thought f u could be of any help.. my name is anjali and i am from India. i m studying here in Canada from 2011 January. my visa expired in November 2011 but i have study permit till november2012. due to few personal problems i was not able to apply for my visa. now i applied yesterday. i don't have us visa so cant apply in person. i have sent my passport through mail yesterday. my dad is really not well so i need to go to India urgently by 21st april 2012. so i need my visa before that . i have my tickets ready. can u suggest me any way i can fasten my visa process. and get the visa back before 20th April. also let me know how can i check my application status. i am very tensed and don't really know the right way . i ll be waiting for a reply from u. will be very thankful f u help.thanks.