+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo office,application returned and asked to resubmit again,consfusion,Help

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Hi Friends,

Buffalio visa office has returned my application because they were not sure that I am legally living in USA.I have been asked to resubmit my complete application with the following information:-

As per appendix C

1)current or expired entry/exit stamps in my national passport
2)current or expired status of documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.
3)I-20(For F1 Status)

They have given me 60 days to submit the full application.All of my application forms have been returned.I have got 3 page computer print out from the buffalo office .On the 2nd page they have asked me to provide the proof of my legality in USA.Then on the 3rd page page they have mentioned payment structure. and it also says that fee was not processed and is being returned to u .When resubmitting your application please be sure that u are also submitting the correct fees.Your application will be returned again if the fees are incorrect or not in an acceptable format.

My question:
1)On September 8/20010 I received my complete application from the buffalo visa office,its almost 2 months but I haven't received from them.
2) I paid by credit card as I gave them the authorization to deduct money from the credit card(I am talking about the fee which I paid to nova scotia).I haven't paid any money to buffalo.
3)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to the Nova Scotia canada.

I would rally appreciate if somebody who has been in the same situation answer this question as well as other senior members
Guys please answer as I have only 6 days left to resubmit my application .

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly tell:
1 Your NOC
2. Date of filing your application to CIO Nova Scotia
3. Amount of application fee taken by CIO.
4. Date of 1st AOR.

I feel that their is some error on part of visa office or it may be standard format/ letter which they are writing to everyone, application fee is paid at CIO level and except the landing fee nothing else is paid to visa office.

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
lapore12 said:
Hi Friends,

Buffalio visa office has returned my application because they were not sure that I am legally living in USA.I have been asked to resubmit my complete application with the following information:-

As per appendix C

1)current or expired entry/exit stamps in my national passport
2)current or expired status of documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.
3)I-20(For F1 Status)
They have given me 60 days to submit the full application.All of my application forms have been returned.I have got 3 page computer print out from the buffalo office .On the 2nd page they have asked me to provide the proof of my legality in USA.Then on the 3rd page page they have mentioned payment structure. and it also says that fee was not processed and is being returned to u .When resubmitting your application please be sure that u are also submitting the correct fees.Your application will be returned again if the fees are incorrect or not in an acceptable format.
My question:
1)On September 8/20010 I received my complete application from the buffalo visa office,its almost 2 months but I haven't received from them.
2) I paid by credit card as I gave them the authorization to deduct money from the credit card(I am talking about the fee which I paid to nova scotia).I haven't paid any money to buffalo.
3)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to the Nova Scotia canada.
I would rally appreciate if somebody who has been in the same situation answer this question as well as other senior members
Guys please answer as I have only 6 days left to resubmit my application .
Know of someone with a similar experience. Copies of documents showing admissibility was sent along with the application as instructed and the process was resumed. How about getting a bank draft, in Canadian funds at a US bank and send it with the application by courier since you have just a few days left? All the best.

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Hi Explorer and others

Kindly tell:
1 Your NOC :-0213 which has been dropped but they have given me time till october 8 2010 to submit my application
2. Date of filing your application to CIO Nova Scotia: probably 10th Feb 2010
3. Amount of application fee taken by CIO.Canadian $550 for the single applicant
4. Date of 1st AOR.-27th march 2010 from Nova Scotia,Sydney

I feel that their is some error on part of visa office or it may be standard format/ letter which they are writing to everyone, application fee is paid at CIO level and except the landing fee nothing else is paid to visa office.

It might be a standard print out but I am not sure.

Can u help?

So shall I send another draft to the Buffalo Visa office along with the complete Application and then later on communicate with them to know more about the previous payment which I paid to Nova scotia through credit card.

Anybody in the same situation please help

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont have to send more payment, write in forwarding letter that you have already paid processing charges to CIO. Do send the complete application, documents and the demanded documents with explanation letter as soon as possible.

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Explorer 101,
How about scanning and showing you complete official letter so that we can be clear on that aspect.I don't have scanner but I will try to scan and show u.
Or
How about attaching another draft of $550 and then sending an explanation letter to the buffalo explaining them that I have made payment before to Nova Scotia.

I guess Buffalo office assumes once they return complete application to the candidate then amount is also automatically refunded to the applicant by Nova scotia.

They have mentioned that if I don't apply within 60 days they will assume that I am not interested in Canadian Immigration and my file will be closed.To my understanding they inform nova scotia after returning my application so that refund is automatically processed by NOVA SCOTIA. If I apply again then I have to pay my fees again.

Lot of Confusion.

Explorer and other What Shall I do to be on the safe side.?

Thanks,
lapore12

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Explorer,

This is what I have exactly got from the Buffalo Visa Office.I have found this information on the official Canadian immigration website.Below given information precisely summarizes my case.

If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial instructions you will be sent a letter that provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued

3rd page of the buffalo visa office letter says exactly the same " your fee was not processed and is also being returned to you.When resubmitting your application please be sure that you are also submitting the correct fees.

Could that be a standard letter.Buffalo office has used its stamp on the third page.