+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo Application Fee Schedule

ladyvea

Dec 28, 2011
Hello,

I am just wondering about the fee schedule to the Buffalo office for my PR application for the Canadian Experience Class. As I understand it, I have the option to send the $550 application "Processing Fee" only and then they may request the additional $490 Right of "Permanent Residence Fee" or if the total amount is sent at once ($1,040) for my spouse and myself and they will send a refund of the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" if my application is rejected.

My question is - will they only request the $490 "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" IF my application is approved...?

OR

Will they hold my application and NOT process it UNTIL they request and receive this fee?

Thank you so much for anyone who can help me answer this question!

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
You can send your application only with the processing fee of 550$ per person. And you can pay RPRF at the time of their request. However getting a request for RPRF does not necessarily mean that your file is approved. RPRF request is usually clubbed with Medical. In that case if you have issues with your medical or the subsequent back ground checks, chances are still there for the refusal. Nothing in concrete till you receive the final word from the visa office!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ladyvea said:
My question is - will they only request the $490 "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" IF my application is approved...?

OR

Will they hold my application and NOT process it UNTIL they request and receive this fee?
You can wait until they request it. The RPRF generally has been one of the last things requested before an application is finalized. If you receive a request for an RPRF, that does not mean 100% that your application will be approved, but it was a good sign. (I say "was" because it does appear that the sequence of some processes is changing).

They will process your application up until it is ready to be finalized without the RPRF, but it will not be finalized until they receive the RPRF. (in my case, the RPRF was requested along with my passport). But once CIC requests it, you should submit it ASAP.

Paying the RPRF early (before it is requested) is a good idea for applicants who will leave Canada during processing, if they think it will be more difficult to make the payment when requested.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
jes_ON said:
You can wait until they request it. The RPRF generally has been one of the last things requested before an application is finalized. If you receive a request for an RPRF, that does not mean 100% that your application will be approved, but it was a good sign. (I say "was" because it does appear that the sequence of some processes is changing).

They will process your application up until it is ready to be finalized without the RPRF, but it will not be finalized until they receive the RPRF. (in my case, the RPRF was requested along with my passport). But once CIC requests it, you should submit it ASAP.

Paying the RPRF early (before it is requested) is a good idea for applicants who will leave Canada during processing, if they think it will be more difficult to make the payment when requested.
I totally agree with you! Processing sequences are changing all the time! My RPRF and Medical request came at the same time! (Both documents were in one letter)