+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS!!!!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Traveler74 said:
thaiguy,

Maybe I was not clear, we did send the finger prints to the FBI. Secondly, the FBI sent it back to us with a stamp on the back saying " NO RECORD". Finally, we sent it with our application. Is there anything else we should have sent?

Thank you.
Nope. That's it. As others have said, they might ask for a state clearance. But you're good for now.

aivoges

Dec 18, 2007
Hello:

I'm in Canada on a study permit. My time line is similar to that of bla333:
-Feb 20, 2007: application sent, applied as a skilled worker
-Mar 17, 2007: got AOR
-Sep 15, 2007: IA letter with request for medicals
-Oct 02: medicals done
-Nov 11: e-cas updated to "medical received"
-Dec 12: got PPR at noon. Passports, pictures and forms were sent immediately in the afternoon.
-Dec 31, 2007: received our passports with PR Visas on them back only 2 days before our pre-booked flight for a vacation outside of Canada. This is a miracle to us since the next day, Jan 01, was a holiday and Canadapost wouldn't be working. I decided not to postpone my travel but kept my fingers crossed to get our passports back before the departure.
-Plan to land on late Feb when we are back from vacation :)

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Thanks for the responses. I hope there are many who have applied to Bufallo and are to help from your responses. Please keep posting this really helps.

Regards,

AP

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Can someone tell me when can I expect the first letter with some info from CIC if they recd my application on 3rd Jan 08?

Regards,

AP

chsieh

Jan 25, 2008
Hi Thaiguy and Bla333 and everyone...

I had also applied through the Buffalo Office. My husband is the primary applicant and I am a non US citizen. We applied in September 2007 and got the AOR in Nov 2007. We wonder if CIC will request for both Medical and Police Clearance and at the same time advise you of the Initial Approval? How do we go about requesting for finger printing cards? Will FBI send a finger printing cards and cover letter to us WITHOUT the letter from CIC? I am thinking of saving time; by requesting for finger printing cards and cover letter ahead of time.

Appreciate any advice and input you may have.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Yes, you should definitely think ahead. Good for you.

Yes, they usually request both the medicals and police certificates at the same time.

I believe you can call the FBI, CJIS Division and request some fingerprint cards. However, I'll just tell you that most of the fingerprinting agencies have their own supply of cards. I had mine done for $8 each, and it included the cards.

You can download the FBI cover letter anytime from this website:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

bla333

Nov 13, 2007
chsieh said:
Hi Thaiguy and Bla333 and everyone...

I had also applied through the Buffalo Office. My husband is the primary applicant and I am a non US citizen. We applied in September 2007 and got the AOR in Nov 2007. We wonder if CIC will request for both Medical and Police Clearance and at the same time advise you of the Initial Approval? How do we go about requesting for finger printing cards? Will FBI send a finger printing cards and cover letter to us WITHOUT the letter from CIC? I am thinking of saving time; by requesting for finger printing cards and cover letter ahead of time.

Appreciate any advice and input you may have.

Get your police clearance as soon as you can and I think is required upon submission of your application. Get the FBI clearance sometime in the middle of your processing time as you don't want to get it too early as it has an expiry date of 1 year or too late as it takes time for the FBI to process this and give it back to you (now I believe its about 3 months). To get finger prints, I used a private finger printing company in my area and sent the finger print cards together with a cover sheet/request to the FBI and it worked okay for me. Also, as what Thaiguy said you can also write a letter to the CJIS division of the FBI and request for the finger print cards but it takes time unlike going to private finger printing companies. I paid $7 each.

The medical request will come in towards the home stretch of your application and is a normally a good sign.

chsieh

Jan 25, 2008
Hi Thaiguy and Bla333,

Thank you so much for your input and advice. I guess I will try the private finger printing company since it comes with the fingerprinting card as well.

We are at the beginning stage of the process and are so glad that we come upon this site where everyone could help each other. Please continue to guide us in the coming months. We hope that we don't have to wait for 30 months as indicated in the website.

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hello chsieh,

I applied in Jan and I send the police clearance and FBI finger printing cards with report along with my application. Is it not that you need to send it initially per checklist?I was wondering that it's only the medical certificates which needs to be sent later and if they need bank updates they ask in between.Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

AP

Samo

Jan 29, 2008
5 months after medicals, why!!

Hello everybody;
I reside in Canada, having a study permit, and I applied for permanent residency as a skilled worker through Buffalo. The following is my time-line to share;

-Nov 21, 2006: application sent

-Dec 28, 2006: got AOR, and e-cas said "In process- we started processing your application in Dec.14,2006"

-Aug 31, 2007: IA letter with request for medicals and a new proof of fund

-Sept 6, 2007: medicals done

-Sept 14, 2007: requested proof of fund sent

-Waiting, waiting and waiting: NO updating in my e-cas, and it`s still "In process"

-Nov 6, 2007: I send them e-mail inquiring about my case, they reply the very next day with the following;
"We have requested background information from other government offices(s). Unfortunately, we cannot provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

-Jan 6, 2008: I sent another e-mail inquiring again about my case, they reply the very next day exactly with the same previous response, which is;
"We have requested background information from other government offices(s). Unfortunately, we cannot provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

Now, it's almost 5 months after medicals, and I got worried. Especially that I have a very clear and simple background history in Egypt, where I'm from.

Guys, your appreciated responses will comfort my non-stopping mind, and give me a boost to be able to continue this dream time-game.

Thanks,
Samo

chsieh

Jan 25, 2008
Hi AP,

No, I did not send together with the initial application. My attorney said that usually the request for Police Clearance, Medical and Fund will come later; about 12 to 16 weeks later. I am hoping to hear from them by April this year.

We have homes here and want to have sufficient time to sell our homes. There are so many questions. Bla333 and Avioges seems to get them within a year while Thaiguy got it in 18 months. We are anxious to move and get the children educated in Canada while they are still young.

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Thanks Chsieh for your inputs.I did it on my own and did not use a representative.May be the attorney knows better.I did send all the stuff per checklist.I'm waiting to receive my AOR.I'm anxious cos I did everything on my own and guidance from website.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

AP

chsieh

Jan 25, 2008
Hi everyone,

I checked the private finger printing company. They are charging $55.00 per person for fingerprinting. That's too expensive! Should I purchase the fingerprinting card online for $11.00 for 5 cards and go to the local police station? The question is am I right to purchase the Application/Personnel card FS-F20790 that is good for both FBI and State clearance?

Will FBI accept fingerprinting card that is done more than 3 months?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
chsieh

There should be more than one fingerprinting company in your area, and one should charge less than $55.00.

Check with your police station - they may give you the card for free if you pay for the fingerprinting service.

The FBI will only accept form FD-258.

chsieh

Jan 25, 2008
Thaiguy,

I had checked with the local police station. They will do the fingerprinting for free but won't do it without a card.

My son is home from college for spring break so I wonder if we could get the finger printing done first. Wait for the request and then submit to FBI. Will FBI give us a hard time for fingerprint taken more than 3 months?