LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Friends,

Need your help here:

Here is my timeline:
file received: Aug 2011
Med done: Dec 2011
Med recd: Jan 2012
ECAS shows as : "We received your application for permanent residence on August XX, 2011.
Medical results have been received."

The following email was received on Dec 5th 2012 as a response to my query from CIC VO:

Dear Madam / Sir,
This is in response to your email.
Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Since my Medicals were expiring sometime in Dec 2012 I sent CIC another email inquiring on medical extension. I received the following response:

"We are waiting for the visa officer to conduct a final review on the file after which he/she will decide whether to extend the validity of the medicals or request new examinations to be completed"

What should I interpret from the above responses? the wait for PPR is so looooong....

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
KY2CA said:
What should I interpret from the above responses? the wait for PPR is so looooong....
Unfortunately there is little you can conclude for definite with CIC. That's what is so frustrating.

However 2 points - neither guaranteed.

a) They are automatically considering extending your medicals (if they are simple and there are no problems) - that implies few months - something of that order
b) ECAS is "Received" and not "in process". The gap from switching to "in process" to receiving passport request tends to be fairly short (several weeks rather than several months). So don't get hung up about that. When things start moving they can go incredibly fast.

Good Luck - you will get there !

PS. Although I can find no written evidence I firmly believe they will completely clear the Buffalo backlog by the anniversary of the transfer date (June/July) or sooner.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
KY2CA said:
Friends,

Need your help here:

Here is my timeline:
ECAS shows as : "We received your application for permanent residence on August XX, 2011.

The following email was received on Dec 5th 2012 as a response to my query from CIC VO:

Dear Madam / Sir,
Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Since my Medicals were expiring sometime in Dec 2012 I sent CIC another email inquiring on medical extension. I received the following response:

"We are waiting for the visa officer to conduct a final review on the file after which he/she will decide whether to extend the validity of the medicals or request new examinations to be completed"

I received the same email response from Ottawa. Don't worry about your medical exams being expired. CIC will extend them.
I don't think any of us can tell you when your application will be finished. My application has been in process since Feb. 2012 and no PPR yet. CIC application status is not a reliable indicator anyways.
10000 applications have been dumped on Ottawa when Buffalo closed. This is part of a 5 billion dollar budget cut that the conservative government did to reduce the budget deficit. Lots of people are in big time trouble because of the closure of Buffalo. CIC claims that most applications for immigration will be finished my the end of summer, Sept. 21. All we can do is wait and plan a life without a PR status.
happy holidays

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
julie143 said:
Hey Sharru,

I have a question. What tracking number are you guys checking when you sent your passports? Becuase, i got the following instructions below to send my passport. Ahh its going to be 4 weeks on Monday since, i sent my passport and still haven't got it back.

IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS IN CANADA:

Please include a plain 9" x 12" self-addressed "Canada Post Photo Mailer" envelope. .

The Consulate will send all mail to addresses in Canada via regular mail (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail) only. We will not use registered mail, certified mail, Canadian postage coupons or Canadian Xpresspost envelopes. The Consulate is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.

We look forward to your early compliance with this request.

Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General, Seattle
1501 4th Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101
Did you enclose a prepaid canada post envelope? If you did, you should have noted down the tracking number. I was using that number to track my envelope.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
I received my second notes yesterday (printed as of early Dec 2012):

Not so many interesting changes; but one can conclude:

No officer is yet assigned to my case ( :eek:).
However file was last updated in November 2012.
My meds are written as Pass-expired which is no big deal.

The follow up by the MP is also reported in this note!

Not a happy ending for 2012! but this is life.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
cvd222 said:
This is great news... Thank you... But I'm not sure if it applies to me because when I got my CSQ, I submitted it with a "validation d'emploi permanent", which is a permanent job offer validated by Quebec MICC (and I got 6 points for my CSQ because of this). And when I signed that sheet, I signed something that said "I will take up this job when I become a permanent resident of Canada." So that I'm not really sure...
where are you right now? are you not in Canada?
If not then I am not sure how it works. But as I am in Canada they told me that I can change employer...
once CSQ is issued both Quebec and CIC said there won't be any affect with employer change...

Syed

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
hmdlsd said:
I received my second notes yesterday (printed as of early Dec 2012):

Not so many interesting changes; but one can conclude:

No officer is yet assigned to my case ( :eek:).
However file was last updated in November 2012.
My meds are written as Pass-expired which is no big deal.

The follow up by the MP is also reported in this note!

Not a happy ending for 2012! but this is life.
Dont be disheartened.. Actually, its just that your file needs to go in front of the visa officer and you should hear from them right away. The wait is until the file reaches the officer.

Hows everything in Montreal.. some serious snow over there!

hemanteast

Nov 27, 2012
i got nomination feb 10 2011 . igot my file number or medical 25 october 2011 medical done 26 october 2011 then 9th feb 2012 my file transfer buffalo to seattle for expetide my process then document request 9th jully 2012 .document submitted in seattle office 31 august 2012 after awiting waiting pl e help me guys if any one have same situation what should i do . i got mail from seattle 27 0ctober 2012 they are doing now your medical extenting process when they got aproval from canadian medical otawa then they contact me they ask my wife xray again she done xray 1 nov 2012 but still almost one and half months over i have no news from seattle ple help me guys ple share buddy

i got mail after 2 months

We are currently in the process of having your medical examination results extended. Once we have received a response from our medical office concerning this extension, we will contact you.

i got 1 more mail from seattle

We have not yet received updated medical information from our office in Manila. We cannot proceed without the updated medicals. You will be contacted as soon as these have been received.

my wife she done medical in new delh india but why telling about manila office
Reply Quote Notify
2 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: File transfer from Buffalo to Seattle on: December 18, 2012, 07:38:35 pm
i got nomination feb 10 2011 . igot my file number or medical 25 october 2011 medical done 26 october 2011 then 9th feb 2012 my file transfer buffalo to seattle for expetide my process then document request 9th jully 2012 .document submitted in seattle office 31 august 2012 after awiting waiting pl e help me guys if any one have same situation what should i do . i got mail from seattle 27 0ctober 2012 they are doing now your medical extenting process when they got aproval from canadian medical otawa then they contact me they ask my wife xray again she done xray 1 nov 2012 but still almost one and half months over i have no news from seattle ple help me guys ple share buddy

We are currently in the process of having your medical examination results extended. Once we have received a response from our medical office concerning this extension, we will contact you.

We have not yet received updated medical information from our office in Manila. We cannot proceed without the updated medicals. You will be contacted as soon as these have been received.

Reply Quote Notify
3 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / seattle visa office file transfer buffalo to seattle 9 feb 2012 on: December 12, 2012, 07:52:29 pm

Reply Quote Notify
4 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / seattle visa office on: December 12, 2012, 07:46:19 pm

i got nomination feb 10 2011 . igot my file number or medical 25 october 2011 medical done 26 october 2011 then 9th feb 2012 my file transfer buffalo to seattle for expetide my process then document request 9th jully 2012 .document submitted in seattle office 31 august 2012 after awiting waiting pl e help me guys if any one have same situation what should i do . i got mail from seattle 27 0ctober 2012 they are doing now your medical extenting process when they got aproval from canadian medical otawa then they contact me they ask my wife xray again she done xray 1 nov 2012 but still almost one and half months over i have no news from seattle ple help me guys ple share buddy ple help me
Reply Quote Notify
5 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / seattle visa office file pending sence 23 months on: December 12, 2012, 07:44:40 pm
Reply Quote Notify
6 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / ple seattle ainp guys make new thread ple friends reply me on: December 12, 2012, 07:42:55 pm
i got nomination feb 10 2011 . igot my file number or medical 25 october 2011 medical done 26 october 2011 then 9th feb 2012 my file transfer buffalo to seattle for expetide my process then document request 9th jully 2012 .document submitted in seattle office 31 august 2012 after awiting waiting pl e help me guys if any one have same situation what should i do . i got mail from seattle 27 0ctober 2012 they are doing now your medical extenting process when they got aproval from canadian medical otawa then they contact me they ask my wife xray again she done xray 1 nov 2012 but still almost one months i have no news from seattle ple help me guys
Reply Quote Notify
7 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down on: December 10, 2012, 10:08:00 pm
i got nomination feb 10 2011 . igot my file number or medical 25 october 2011 medical done 26 october 2011 then 9th feb 2012 my file transfer buffalo to seattle for expetide my process then document request 9th jully 2012 .document submitted in seattle office 31 august 2012 after awiting waiting pl e help me guys if any one have same situation what should i do . i got mail from seattle 27 0ctober 2012 they are doing now your medical extenting process when they got aproval from canadian medical otawa then they contact me they ask my wife xray again she done xray 1 nov 2012 but still almost one months i have no news from seattle ple help me guys
Reply Quote Notify
8 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: File Transfer to Seattle Office on: December 10, 2012, 09:58:32 pm
Reply Quote Notify
9 Immigration Topics / Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration / Re: A MASTER THREAD of some of my posts here >>> on: December 08, 2012, 01:25:54 pm
hi my file buffalo recieved 17 feb 2012 and my medical 24 oct 2011 after my file transfer to seattle 9 feb 2012
they ask me documnt request 9 june . i submitted my document 31 aug after i send 20 mails after i got reply from seattle date 22 october they are doing my medical extending but till no news i already send the fax to
ple help me guys
Reply Quote Notify
10 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: ainp file transfer buffalo to seattle feb 9 on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:29 pm
ple guys help me share
Reply Quote Notify
11 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / ainp file transfer buffalo to seattle feb 9 on: November 27, 2012, 05:31:26 pm
Reply Quote Notify
Pages: [1]

hemanteast

Nov 27, 2012

Reply Quote Notify
2 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: File transfer from Buffalo to Seattle on: December 18, 2012, 07:38:35 pm

Reply Quote Notify
3 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / seattle visa office file transfer buffalo to seattle 9 feb 2012 on: December 12, 2012, 07:52:29 pm

Reply Quote Notify
4 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / seattle visa office on: December 12, 2012, 07:46:19 pm

i got nomination feb 10 2011 . igot my file number or medical 25 october 2011 medical done 26 october 2011 then 9th feb 2012 my file transfer buffalo to seattle for expetide my process then document request 9th jully 2012 .document submitted in seattle office 31 august 2012 after awiting waiting pl e help me guys if any one have same situation what should i do . i got mail from seattle 27 0ctober 2012 they are doing now your medical extenting process when they got aproval from canadian medical otawa then they contact me they ask my wife xray again she done xray 1 nov 2012 but still almost one and half months over i have no news from seattle ple help me guys ple share buddy ple help me
Reply Quote Notify
5 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / seattle visa office file pending sence 23 months on: December 12, 2012, 07:44:40 pm
Reply Quote Notify
6 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / ple seattle ainp guys make new thread ple friends reply me on: December 12, 2012, 07:42:55 pm
Reply Quote Notify
7 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down on: December 10, 2012, 10:08:00 pm
Reply Quote Notify
8 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: File Transfer to Seattle Office on: December 10, 2012, 09:58:32 pm
Reply Quote Notify
9 Immigration Topics / Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration / Re: A MASTER THREAD of some of my posts here >>> on: December 08, 2012, 01:25:54 pm
hi my file buffalo recieved 17 feb 2012 and my medical 24 oct 2011 after my file transfer to seattle 9 feb 2012
they ask me documnt request 9 june . i submitted my document 31 aug after i send 20 mails after i got reply from seattle date 22 october they are doing my medical extending but till no news i already send the fax to
ple help me guys
Reply Quote Notify
10 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / Re: ainp file transfer buffalo to seattle feb 9 on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:29 pm
ple guys help me share
Reply Quote Notify
11 Immigration Topics / Provincial Nomination Program Immigration / ainp file transfer buffalo to seattle feb 9 on: November 27, 2012, 05:31:26 pm
Reply Quote Notify
Pages: [1]

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
KY2CA said:
Friends,

Need your help here:

Here is my timeline:

Dear Madam / Sir,

Have you gotten GCMS anytime soon? It seems file hasnt been reviewed since coming to Ottawa and no officer assigned. Is your eligibility passed and ECAS in process?

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
No Sharuu... I have not applied for GCMS notes so far. your response makes me more anxious now..

my quebec CSQ was approved in Mar 2011 and subsequently the file was received by Buffalo in Aug 2011.

Applying for GCMS note now will take 6 weeks for it to return and i might try that option... is the basic or detailed preferable?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
KY2CA said:
No Sharuu... I have not applied for GCMS notes so far. your response makes me more anxious now..

my quebec CSQ was approved in Mar 2011 and subsequently the file was received by Buffalo in Aug 2011.

Applying for GCMS note now will take 6 weeks for it to return and i might try that option... is the basic or detailed preferable?
I am not sure what do you mean when you say basic or preferable? I believe there is just one format for GCMS and it takes 30 days. Your file was received in August 2011 and like most of us transferred in July 2012 to Ottawa. There are a lot of applications pending but you can get GCMS to see if it helps you out.

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
hey sharru,

i just sent Canada Post Photo Mailer envelope becuz that's what they asked for.
So we have the option of sending a prepaid envelope if we want?
i sent my passport in a prepaid envelope so, i know they got it by checking online.
I will check with the bank again on Monday to see if my draft has been cashed

iwasan

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Baffalo to Ottawa(I guess)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-09-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
22-09-2011
sharuu said:
I am not sure what do you mean when you say basic or preferable? I believe there is just one format for GCMS and it takes 30 days. Your file was received in August 2011 and like most of us transferred in July 2012 to Ottawa. There are a lot of applications pending but you can get GCMS to see if it helps you out.
umm.I guess I am the only pre sep 2011 applicant left being waiting for PR.I am seriously thinking about giving up and going back to
my home country.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
No buddy.
Plenty of us are right around the corner
I normally say don't worry; but honestly, i know how disgusting it might sound.

I am APrl 2011 /AOR Sep 2011

Still waiting with many other folks