+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

McGill

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Hey Sharuu,
My status is changed to "IN PROCESS". Actaully, CIC has received my application in June 2011 and now they started processing my application on Dec 19, 2012. Medical results have been received. Now, what do you think how long it will take to get PPR?

McGill

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Does anyone in the forum can till me about this. When status changes to "IN PROCESS" then how long it will take to get PPR. I am talking about CPP-Ottawa. I know that those applicants that went into IN PROCESS in buffalo are still waiting for PPR. It will be great if someone went into IN PROCESS in CPP-Ottawa and then he/she received the PPR. Thanks a lot

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
My application processing took around 3 months after my ECAS was updated but I have seen people getting the PPR withing a month after their ECAS updated to "IN PROCESS"..

Good luck

McGill said:
Does anyone in the forum can till me about this. When status changes to "IN PROCESS" then how long it will take to get PPR. I am talking about CPP-Ottawa. I know that those applicants that went into IN PROCESS in buffalo are still waiting for PPR. It will be great if someone went into IN PROCESS in CPP-Ottawa and then he/she received the PPR. Thanks a lot

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
McGill said:
Typically, if you went in process after a long time it means you should hear about your PPR fairly soon. 2 weeks is a good timeline to expect anything, but then dont expect too much also :)

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
csqmjj said:
could be call cente , or at restuarant , or at store, or .................. anything
I am not sure from where you got this information. today I called CIC and explained the situation. and they said I can change the employer and told me that my PR application is noting to do with employer and asked me to confirm with Quebec immigration once before doing so.

I called Quebec immigration and told them that I would like to change the employer and asked them if I need to apply for new CSQ. they said I can change employer and do not need to apply for another CSQ or any thing except applying for a new work permit .
Quebec immigration also told me that my PR processing has no affect with changing employer...

this is only for QSW. not sure about another streams...

Syed

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
cvd222 said:
I have the same question... Did you receive points for having a permanent job offer in Quebec? Because I think if this is the case, then it might affect the PR.

My life really is screwed right now because my PR is tied to my current job, which makes me crazier every single day. There are so many opportunities for me elsewhere that I'm letting go of because of this stupid wait. I often feel like I'm wasting a good part of my youth in this dead end, mindless job when I could be doing what I love and pursuing what truly makes me happy. I am on the verge of just withdrawing my application and applying for CEC instead...
Hi cvd222
I spoke to CIC and Quebec immigration and they confirmed that we can change employer when our QSW application is in process. this does not affect our PR processing.
and do not have to do except getting a new work permit. as we have CSQ we do not need LMO, just a job offer is good enough....

good luck

Syed

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
McGill said:
Hey Sharuu,
My status is changed to "IN PROCESS". Actaully, CIC has received my application in June 2011 and now they started processing my application on Dec 19, 2012. Medical results have been received. Now, what do you think how long it will take to get PPR?
2nd week of January.. thats what I think you should be hearing something. I hope earlier! :)

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
My application status changed from "Application received" to "IN PROCESS" since I obtained a positive eligibility in Feb. 2012. No PPR yet. This doesn't mean you have to wait just as long as I have been. Hopefully, we are done in the first half of next year.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
ECAS changed to "decision made"

Also have two addresses. Tracking activated. Should arrive in 1-3 business days

MM_Sask

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
McGill said:
In my case (and I know of no other exactly the same) it changed from "we received your application" to "in process" on the day they sent the passport request.

Make of that what you will. But it should be soon. Hope so anyway.

MM_Sask

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
ECAS changed to "decision made"

Also have two addresses. Tracking activated. Should arrive in 1-3 business days

MM_Sask
Should have the passport on wednesday.. Congrats!

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Sent for gcms notes 27th Nov. Got the reply today. That is within the 30 day limit so they are meeting the promised targets.

Between applying and receiving the notes I got PPR. Now I am "decision made".

I think it says
According to gcms
updated 2012-11-30 Status in progress. Although ECAS dis not update until 2012-12-11
updated 2012-11-28 Eligibility: Not started Security: Not Started Criminality: In Progress Medical: Passed Expired

Obviously this is on a quick first reading. It will require detailed reading. But I promised to keep folks updated.

MM_Sask

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
Hi cvd222
I spoke to CIC and Quebec immigration and they confirmed that we can change employer when our QSW application is in process. this does not affect our PR processing.
and do not have to do except getting a new work permit. as we have CSQ we do not need LMO, just a job offer is good enough....

good luck

Syed
This is great news... Thank you... But I'm not sure if it applies to me because when I got my CSQ, I submitted it with a "validation d'emploi permanent", which is a permanent job offer validated by Quebec MICC (and I got 6 points for my CSQ because of this). And when I signed that sheet, I signed something that said "I will take up this job when I become a permanent resident of Canada." So that I'm not really sure...

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Hey Sharru,

I have a question. What tracking number are you guys checking when you sent your passports? Becuase, i got the following instructions below to send my passport. Ahh its going to be 4 weeks on Monday since, i sent my passport and still haven't got it back.

IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS IN CANADA:

Please include a plain 9" x 12" self-addressed "Canada Post Photo Mailer" envelope. .

The Consulate will send all mail to addresses in Canada via regular mail (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail) only. We will not use registered mail, certified mail, Canadian postage coupons or Canadian Xpresspost envelopes. The Consulate is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.

We look forward to your early compliance with this request.

Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General, Seattle
1501 4th Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101