Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

sharuu said:
This is exactly the reason I keep suggesting people applyfor GCMS Notes!! It gives you a piece of mind and you actually know what is going on with your file. It seems yourfile hasnt been touched since medical update. I would assume there is no due date under ASSIGNMENT?

In regards to your file, when were the notesprinted off. You should know one thing is that your electronic file is being transferred to ottawa now as its quicker and easier paperfile might still be with Buffalo.
sharru,

if the file is not touched after November 2011, that doesn't always means the file was not touched that also mean they have started background checks.. background checks are not done by CIC but by other government agencies.. but because they haven't heard any update from those agencies that's why they didn't update the file at all however as i have told when the file is sent for bavckground checks.. initially VO put BF date of three months, and VO checks the file after three months and see if there is any update on BG checks if not then again put BF Date of four weeks and they keep doing it until they find your BG Checks updates...

Hope it helps.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

shaikhaffi said:
sharru,

if the file is not touched after November 2011, that doesn't always means the file was not touched that also mean they have started background checks.. background checks are not done by CIC but by other government agencies.. but because they haven't heard any update from those agencies that's why they didn't update the file at all however as i have told when the file is sent for bavckground checks.. initially VO put BF date of three months, and VO checks the file after three months and see if there is any update on BG checks if not then again put BF Date of four weeks and they keep doing it until they find your BG Checks updates...

Hope it helps.
I agree..when I say file hasnt been touched it mean no updates! BF date is just a reminder it does not mean he will get to it by that date!

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013

sharuu said:
I agree..when I say file hasnt been touched it mean no updates! BF date is just a reminder it does not mean he will get to it by that date!
Exactly BF Date and Due Dates are reminder to VOs...

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

shaikhaffi said:
Exactly BF Date and Due Dates are reminder to VOs...
20 months for you, eh? Thats a stretch, getting GCMS Notes anytime soon? Thinking about asking your MP?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013

sharuu said:
20 months for you, eh? Thats a stretch, getting GCMS Notes anytime soon? Thinking about asking your MP?
Spoke with MP last week that's what they said file is under background checks.. one thing i don't know is when they sent file for BG checks... usually they (CIC) get response (BG checks) in 4-6 months.. unfortunately security information is hidden in GCMS as well, so only MP can ask them when they started BG checks.. will touchbase MP in next three weeks..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

shaikhaffi said:
Spoke with MP last week that's what they said file is under background checks.. one thing i don't know is when they sent file for BG checks... usually they (CIC) get response (BG checks) in 4-6 months.. unfortunately security information is hidden in GCMS as well, so only MP can ask them when they started BG checks.. will touchbase MP in next three weeks..
BG checks are requested when AOR is issued! Did you add your spouse later on? It could be that her checks areleft? Have you lived in many countries?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013

sharuu said:
BG checks are requested when AOR is issued! Did you add your spouse later on? It could be that her checks areleft? Have you lived in many countries?
Its not like that Sharuu.. BG checks and criminality, Elgibility and admissiblity are different things.. there are actually two parts of BG Checks:

1. Brief BG checks (contacting employer, education institutes etc..)
3. Thorough BG checks ( complete BG checks done by CSIS)

No 1 is usually done before AOR but No: 2 is determined after Medical Received.. i didn't sent my spouse's PC in original application, it could be they are doing her checks, but again i am not sure, i have requested another GCMS with my wife's consent form attached. Here is the fact BG checks for families takes longer than individuals, they have wait until BG checks of all family members are done.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

shaikhaffi said:
Its not like that Sharuu.. BG checks and criminality, Elgibility and admissiblity are different things.. there are actually two parts of BG Checks:

1. Brief BG checks (contacting employer, education institutes etc..)
3. Thorough BG checks ( complete BG checks done by CSIS)

No 1 is usually done before AOR but No: 2 is determined after Medical Received.. i didn't sent my spouse's PC in original application, it could be they are doing her checks, but again i am not sure, i have requested another GCMS with my wife's consent form attached. Here is the fact BG checks for families takes longer than individuals, they have wait until BG checks of all family members are done.
We are PNP Applicants, our job, education has already been verified by theprovincial government - that part is done. The only thing Federal Government does is check the criminality and medicals - thats it.

When AOR is issued, they run a name check, if it is clear they issue AOR, if not they ask for fingerprints from applicant within Canada. You would see some applicants getting Fingerprints request before AOR. Once AOR has been issued, they try to look at the background of the applicant and if a detailed check is required, that is when different agencies come into play- this is confidential that is why you dont see security section on your GCMS Notes. CSIS is not the only agency doing the checks by the way. Then again it depends on your case, its not that single applicants have less processing times than married couples. That isnt a justifiable generalization!

Eligiblity is determined by criminality, security, medical - once its approved you get passed!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
We are PNP Applicants, our job, education has already been verified by theprovincial government - that part is done. The only thing Federal Government does is check the criminality and medicals - thats it.

When AOR is issued, they run a name check, if it is clear they issue AOR, if not they ask for fingerprints from applicant within Canada. You would see some applicants getting Fingerprints request before AOR. Once AOR has been issued, they try to look at the background of the applicant and if a detailed check is required, that is when different agencies come into play- this is confidential that is why you dont see security section on your GCMS Notes. CSIS is not the only agency doing the checks by the way. Then again it depends on your case, its not that single applicants have less processing times than married couples. That isnt a justifiable generalization!

Eligiblity is determined by criminality, security, medical - once its approved you get passed!
Just curious...what is the order for eligibility check, security -> medical->criminality or the other way around. So security covers name check and fingerprints check, and criminality covers background check?

sim24

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
09-09-2011 (fingerprints)
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
04-17-2012 to LA
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
09-30-2011
Passport Req..
06-19-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2012

Shaaru I got my pp back today with a beautiful stamp on it;) I really wish you get ur next week!!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

sim24 said:
Shaaru I got my pp back today with a beautiful stamp on it;) I really wish you get ur next week!!
Congrats bud .. when are you doing the landing? When is the expiry of your PR Visa?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013

sharuu said:

i don't agree with you all, regardless of PNP they do eligiblity again... and eligiblity is not determind by criminality, security, medical... its wrong interpetation, eligiblity means whether or not you are eligible for the NOc you applied for but its correct that this check for PNP is very straight forward however CIC has right to ask your employer, education institute.. it depends on VO as well as the documents you requested. When additional BG checks are required they send case to CSIS (there could also be a government department through which they interact with CSIS), CSIS then contact other agencies if required not the CIC. Well i didn't say individuals have less processing times than families but what i said their BG checks takes less than families because its not necessay whole family get their BG checks at the same time thus will affect processing as a whole..

Well they ask for finger prints if they require but with my case they didn't have asked so far... And also please keep in mind every case is unique which can mean, every case has all activities in different order than others that means the way they performed required activities (crimanility, eligibility, security etc) on my file can be in different order than peformed on your file.. So it is not necessary they peform BG checks befor AOR but what i was told by MP and researched so far name checking as you mentioned is the last step towards PPR, if they find more results in name, BOD, religion, country of origin check then they iniates thorough BG check..

hope it clears the mistinterpretation..

sim24

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
04-17-2012 to LA
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
09-30-2011
Passport Req..
06-19-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2012

sharuu said:
Congrats bud .. when are you doing the landing? When is the expiry of your PR Visa?
Sept 19... M driving to estevan this sunday!!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

sim24 said:
Sept 19... M driving to estevan this sunday!!
North Portal? Wow, didnt give you much time to land, did they? You still have 2 months left, why dont you try INLAND? I know you wanted to go back home for a visit, why dont you go and comeback and land simultaneously?

sim24

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
04-17-2012 to LA
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
09-30-2011
Passport Req..
06-19-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2012

sharuu said:
North Portal? Wow, didnt give you much time to land, did they? You still have 2 months left, why dont you try INLAND? I know you wanted to go back home for a visit, why dont you go and comeback and land simultaneously?
It takes month and half to get an appointment in saskatoon.. Nd I jus wanna get done with this now shaaru so I will drive n get done with it!!