+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo applicants file transfer to Detroit - Please share timeline

manja_mali

Oct 19, 2011
Sharif11 said:
Hi guys

Any idea when Detroit VO sends PPR after medical? It's been almost 3 months since my medical results reached Ottawa. It is really frustrating! :'(
Sed them an email wth your file number and other details & request for an update. In my case they told me they were waiting for documents I had already sent . I sent them details on the UPS tracking number and contents of my package and then they reverted back with "OK we found it"

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manja_mali said:
Sed them an email wth your file number and other details & request for an update. In my case they told me they were waiting for documents I had already sent . I sent them details on the UPS tracking number and contents of my package and then they reverted back with "OK we found it"
Thanks manja_mali.

I emailed them at the end of January and they emailed me back a week later saying "we received your medical results and your file is awaiting a final review which we expect to be done within couple of weeks" . And still waiting!

ssverma

Apr 25, 2011
Sharif11 said:
Thanks manja_mali.

I emailed them at the end of January and they emailed me back a week later saying "we received your medical results and your file is awaiting a final review which we expect to be done within couple of weeks" . And still waiting!
Sharif, Send them an email again..

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssverma said:
Sharif, Send them an email again..
Thanks ssverma. I did send them email yesterday. Hopefully they will reply.

I hope that you will get your passport STAMPED very soon.

manja_mali

Oct 19, 2011
ssverma said:
I am still waiting for my passport, this wait is killing me..... :(
If it is any consolation, a friend of mine said it usually takes couple weeks later to get through consultants . Am not sure why , but seems to have happened to some folks from LA office - visa stamped on same day but recvd. 2 weeks apart .

ssverma

Apr 25, 2011
manja_mali said:
If it is any consolation, a friend of mine said it usually takes couple weeks later to get through consultants . Am not sure why , but seems to have happened to some folks from LA office - visa stamped on same day but recvd. 2 weeks apart .
I don't know what about that, but I spoke to my lawyer's assistant about not receiving my passport until now, and she told me that there are different immigration officers dealing with different file. Probably, my immigration officer has lot of file on his table, and that's why it's taking him longer time to send the passport back to me. I am bit worried because the ecas says - "decision made", and they still have my passport with them. Not sure if that means rejection. That is my biggest concern.

lanied

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9, 2009
ssverma,
If it's any conciliation I am in the same boat. My status is exactly the same and they have my passport since last month. I sent them a UPS waybill to so that everything gets back to me swiftly but it's not been activated on their side yet. I've sent them a note and haven't gotten a response even though it's been over two weeks. No matter how big the pile I think at this stage of the process the procedure of stamping shouldn't take this long as up until recently you could do same day stamping.

However as yet I've got nothing back. I've emailed my own lawyer and asked her to look into it as I'm getting anxious also and would like to get everything sorted out at last.

ssverma

Apr 25, 2011
lanied said:
ssverma,
If it's any conciliation I am in the same boat. My status is exactly the same and they have my passport since last month. I sent them a UPS waybill to so that everything gets back to me swiftly but it's not been activated on their side yet. I've sent them a note and haven't gotten a response even though it's been over two weeks. No matter how big the pile I think at this stage of the process the procedure of stamping shouldn't take this long as up until recently you could do same day stamping.

However as yet I've got nothing back. I've emailed my own lawyer and asked her to look into it as I'm getting anxious also and would like to get everything sorted out at last.
Thank god!! someone is on the same boat as me. At this stage, can they cancel our immigration? When did you sent your passport to the Detriot office?

lanied

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9, 2009
They've had it since the morning of the 22nd last month. I don't think they'll cancel from what my lawyer tells me.

ssverma

Apr 25, 2011
lanied said:
They've had it since the morning of the 22nd last month. I don't think they'll cancel from what my lawyer tells me.
Then what could be the reason for the delay?? Seven's and Manja's passport was received by the Detriot office on 22nd Feb, as well. However, both of them received their passport this week.

lanied

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9, 2009
I've no idea tbh. Maybe it will arrive by Monday. Here's hoping.

fundu123

Mar 11, 2012
Hello Guys,

I need some advice.

My file was transferred to Detroit office in Oct 2011. I received the medical request in Dec 2011. I was also asked to provide FBI report (USA) which i sent to the Detroit office last week. I am now waiting for the passport request.

I have a canadian work permit and I have been working in Toronto from past one year. Now the issue is - I came to India and now my status is changing from Single to Married in next 10 days.

1. I am not sure when should I notify immigration office about it and what would be the further process.

2. What are the implications on my application due to the status change.

3. Will my spouse get dependent/work visa based on my current status in Canada

4. What would be the best approach to handle to situation.

Expert advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your help