+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BSN graduate in the Philippines asking for Advice

mycae

Apr 27, 2013
Hi there!
I hope I can get some information in this forum.
I am a BSN graduate in the Philippines last 2010. I had intentions in taking the local board exam however I already received my papers to work here in Toronto as a Live-In Caregiver hence I did not take the exam. I already finished my 2yrs in the LCP program and waiting for my Open work permit at the same time applying for PR. I have intentions in continuing my nursing career here in Toronto.
I would like to know how does it work? how can I be assessed?
i need some advice.

thank you very much and your response will be very much appreciated

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you received your open work permit, you are now eligible to study. You may go to any university in toronto that accepts nursing so that you will know if your eligible for a bridging program or the any other procedures. You have to remember that the requirements of the Ontario College of Nurses is different from that of the Philippines. You might take extra math, english and science courses before you can be admitted. Make sure to have your credentials assessed by either ICAS or WES. Cheers

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Open work permit holders are considered as international student which cost more than PR and Canadian Citizens

mycae

Apr 27, 2013
unitedbritishphilippines said:
Once you received your open work permit, you are now eligible to study. You may go to any university in toronto that accepts nursing so that you will know if your eligible for a bridging program or the any other procedures. You have to remember that the requirements of the Ontario College of Nurses is different from that of the Philippines. You might take extra math, english and science courses before you can be admitted. Make sure to have your credentials assessed by either ICAS or WES. Cheers
i was told that i can be assessed by ONA. I just want to know how the assesment process works?