Jul 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi BRYANNA

I like to visit Canada with my family to see our new born niece and to spend some holidays with my family together currently I am working in uae and my wife in India. I got annual leave in the month of April for one month. So my question is where I want to apply in UAE or India. I would like to apply India together with family and kids by paper application so please guide me how to apply and your valuable suggestion regarding this matter.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

Sure. You can apply as a paper submission at the VFS/CVAC nearest to where you are. You can apply in India, too, if you are visiting India.

Do share your strong ties to both the UAE and India..... for each member of your family.... such as Employment/student + property or land ownership or lease agreement + financial investments + family ties in the UAE and India + previous travel history

For how long would you like to visit?

Cheers

rohit menon

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Bryanna,

Thanks for your prompt reply and advice. We are going to visit three weeks during my annual vacation with my three kids and my wife .i would like to apply together with my family in India. I think it is a higher chance to get trv when applying in home country with all the supporting documents. pls advice regarding my concern about this matter.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

I think it is a higher chance to get trv when applying in home country with all the supporting documents.
No, this is not true.

If, for example, you and your family have been living/working in the UAE for many years.... then your ties to the UAE could be stronger than those to India.... because you can demonstrate ties such as your employment + property ownership/lease + financial situation + your kids' school ties, etc in the UAE.

In your case, it is best if you show ties to both the UAE and India

Cheers

rohit menon

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEAR Bryanna,

I would like to send my whole family application directly to India consulate in Delhi without approaching vfs. There is a problem for that please advise

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

It is NOT possible to apply directly at the ND High Commission. VFS are authorized to accept TRV applications/transmit passports on behalf of CIC.

Option 1
You can apply online for yourself and your family by giving an India address before you travel to India. You can then submit your passport for stamping, in India, when you get a passport request.

Option 2
For paper submission, you must apply alone in Dubai,at the Dubai CVAC/VFS, while your family applies in India.... unless you are planning to visit India for more than a month. You must give your passport at the time of applying.

There are no guarantees to the time taken for processing. You shouldn't find yourself in a situation where you have to return to Dubai but your passport is with the Delhi visa office.

In this case, you must mention that your family in India will also visit Canada with you

Cheers

rohit menon

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bryanna,

Many thanks for your information and your prompt response to my enquiry.

If I didn't ask you about that, mine and my family application along with our passports will send directly to Delhi consulate within a couple of days. I am curious to ask what will happen to our application and passports suppose we send directly to Canada consulate in Delhi. Will they return my application to us or forward to vfs?

I got 45 days holidays in my company and I am going to apply in India together with my family by a paper application.As per you advise I am going to give mine and my family members application along with all supporting documents and passports to Bangalore vfs.

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
while applying online do i need to make an affidavit of financial deceleration
my mom visited india twice for medical checkup , except india tour she did not visit anywhere , so as a travel history i must mention about india tour É
Thanks

Bryanna said:
Hi Rohit,

It is NOT possible to apply directly at the ND High Commission. VFS are authorized to accept TRV applications/transmit passports on behalf of CIC.

Option 1
You can apply online for yourself and your family by giving an India address before you travel to India. You can then submit your passport for stamping, in India, when you get a passport request.

Option 2
For paper submission, you must apply alone in Dubai,at the Dubai CVAC/VFS, while your family applies in India.... unless you are planning to visit India for more than a month. You must give your passport at the time of applying.

There are no guarantees to the time taken for processing. You shouldn't find yourself in a situation where you have to return to Dubai but your passport is with the Delhi visa office.

In this case, you must mention that your family in India will also visit Canada with you

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

tanvirmustan said:
while applying online do i need to make an affidavit of financial deceleration
my mom visited india twice for medical checkup , except india tour she did not visit anywhere , so as a travel history i must mention about india tour É
Thanks
No, it's not necessary to make an affidavit/declaration of financial assets.

You can submit proofs of your mom's financial situation.... minimum 6 months' bank statements + 2 years ITRs + bank term deposits + pension funds + share/stocks + rental income, etc etc (as applicable).

Yes, you can mention her India visits although this will not really count as travel history

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
then whats gonna be her travel history ?
i am applying online , so there is a required section to fill up travel history document .
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Tanvir,

Travel history proves that someone has a history of returning to his/her home country after a visit abroad. Countries which have stringent visa application assessment (US/UK/Schengen etc) are typically considered as *travel history*..... not India, although you can include it.

To overcome the lack of travel history, your mom must prove her strong ties to Bangladesh: Property and land ownership/lease + family ties + employment/business + good financial situation + a reason to return home by a specific date.

For example (and I hope your mom is in the best of health), if she is scheduled to visit India after her Canada visit for another medical check-up then include proofs of this

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

I am curious to ask what will happen to our application and passports suppose we send directly to Canada consulate in Delhi. Will they return my application to us or forward to vfs?
The ND High Commission would not have forwarded your applications to VFS/CVAC because when you submit TRV applications at VFS, you must also sign a VFS consent form + pay the VFS service fees.

Your passports/applications would have remained with the NDVO. You would have had to travel to Delhi with authorization letters from each family member to collect your/their passports back.

My advice is for each of you to show your individual and collective strong ties to the UAE/India.... for example, your kids' school admission receipts for the next school year + why they are visiting in April/May.

If you need help on how to demonstrate your strong ties then do post the list of documents you are submitting for each family member and I will help you

Cheers

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
Thanks ,
She is coming to attend my convocation . Hope she gets visa

Bryanna said:
Hi Tanvir,

Travel history proves that someone has a history of returning to his/her home country after a visit abroad. Countries which have stringent visa application assessment (US/UK/Schengen etc) are typically considered as *travel history*..... not India, although you can include it.

To overcome the lack of travel history, your mom must prove her strong ties to Bangladesh: Property and land ownership/lease + family ties + employment/business + good financial situation + a reason to return home by a specific date.

For example (and I hope your mom is in the best of health), if she is scheduled to visit India after her Canada visit for another medical check-up then include proofs of this

Cheers

rohit menon

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bryanna,

I am going to submit the below documents

1. EMPLOYMENT ANNUAL LEAVE CONFORMATION LETTER
2. LAST 6 MONTHS SALARY SLIP
3. MEDICAL INSURANCE IN ABUDAHBI
4. HOUSE LEASE AGREEMENT
5. SALARY ACCOUNT 6 MONTHS STATEMENT OF BAL CAD$ 5800
6. FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT OF CAD$ 16000 (IN INDIA)
7. LIC POLICY IN INDIA CAD$ 500
8. PROPERTY DETAILS WHICH I GOT IN INDIA (MY OWN HOUSE AND LAND PROPERTY)
9. SAVINGS ACCOUNT IN INDIA WITH BAL CAD$ 2500
My wife and kids documents are below mentioned
1. EMPLOYMENT ANNUAL LEAVE CONFORMATION LETTER
2. LAST 6 MONTHS SALARY SLIP
3. LAST 3 YEARS INCOME TAX PAPER
4. SALARY ACCOUNT WITH BALANCE CAD$ 9000
5. FIXED DEPOSIT OF CAD$ 21000
6. 1KG GOLD NOTARY VALUATED
7. LIC POLICY CAD$ 500
8. PROPERTY OWN NAME AND PARENTS
9. VEHICLE (1 CAR AND 1 TWO-WHEELER)
10. SAVINGS ACCOUNT OF DAUGHTER CAD$ 2200
11. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
12. CHILDREN’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND PASSPORT
13. CHILDREN’S PLAY SCHOOL HOLIDAY CONFIRMATION LETTER
14. INVITERS LETTER

Please advise any think more needed
many thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

Here are my suggestions....

For yourself:
1. Proofs of your immigration status in the UAE + resident permit

2. Copy of your employment contract..... do highlight the tenure/completion date

3. Leave approval letter stating that you will have your job when you return after your visit

4. 2 years IT Returns (including your IT returns in India too)

5. House lease agreement + any rent receipts and bank transfers for the rent paid in advance after you return from your visit + highlight any deposit forfeiture clause

6. For your FDs in India: Copies of the FDs + FD Interest Certificate issued by the banks + letter issued by the banks stating the FDs are not mortgaged and can be liquidated if required

7. For your property: Property ownership documents translated into English by a certified translator + current valuation either by a CA or yourself backed by realty report proofs to confirm the market rates considered

8. Copies of property tax paid + any share certificates (if it is a housing society)

For your wife:
Similar to what I have suggested for yourself

Other points
1. Other reasons why you and your wife must return to the UAE/India (proofs of work commitments, training, appraisal/promotion)

2. Other ties to India and the UAE + a must-return by date for all of you with evidence (wedding in the immediate family, any similar reason)

3. You must prepare a day-by-day detailed itinerary of places/activities you will do during your visit with expense estimates.... and prove that you have the finances to pay for the airfare + travel/living expenses for yourself, your wife and kids

4. Copies of overseas medical insurance policies for you and your family

5. Is someone inviting you? What documents will they provide?

6. Copies of provisional flight itinerary and state that you will confirm the flight tickets when your TRVs are issued

Cheers