+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brother in Canada...!! Applying for Study Visa..!!Any chances of rejection?

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
I am planning to do MS from NYIT Vancouver and I want to go for january intake. My brother is also in Canada on study permit. He is in Saskatchewan. Is there any chance of rejection as my brother is in Canada?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
O really don't think you've got any chances for rejection... At least because of your brother... If he was a PR o citizen that might me different... But neither of them will increase chances of you getting rejected if you show you won't be staying illegaly in Canada

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
O really don't think you've got any chances for rejection... At least because of your brother... If he was a PR o citizen that might me different... But neither of them will increase chances of you getting rejected if you show you won't be staying illegaly in Canada
Ya he is on student visa and he is younger than me. He is doing diploma in accountancy and I am going for Master of Science. And he is in Saskatchewan and I am going to BC.

harry321

Dec 25, 2012
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do not mention it dat your brother is in canada already. IT can doubt vo that you guys are going to settle there and won't come back to INDIA.
Just go as simple you have to.

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
harry321 said:
do not mention it dat your brother is in canada already. IT can doubt vo that you guys are going to settle there and won't come back to INDIA.
Just go as simple you have to.
But i have to mention it in the family details.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I wouldn't risk not mentioning him in your application... If they find out about that.. You won't be alloted into Canada for a long time... It's pretty easy for them to find out.. Remember he wrote your full name when he applied to get his study permit... It's as simple as that... Just showed them you won't be staying illegaly afterwards..

My brother is a Canadian citizen and of course I mentioned him... I think I built a strong enough case as for them to think I would stay there illegaly afterwards...

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
I wouldn't risk not mentioning him in your application... If they find out about that.. You won't be alloted into Canada for a long time... It's pretty easy for them to find out.. Remember he wrote your full name when he applied to get his study permit... It's as simple as that... Just showed them you won't be staying illegaly afterwards..

My brother is a Canadian citizen and of course I mentioned him... I think I built a strong enough case as for them to think I would stay there illegaly afterwards...
yeah that's right

Djyoti

Sep 23, 2014
Loveneet said:
I am planning to do MS from NYIT Vancouver and I want to go for january intake. My brother is also in Canada on study permit. He is in Saskatchewan. Is there any chance of rejection as my brother is in Canada?
Hi, did you get the visa? I am a PR in Canada, and this is the same question I am facing while giving a financial support letter for my sister to pay her tuition, who got an admission offer to study in Canada. Would that be suicidal for her visa?

Any comment/thoughts is appreciated.

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016
Hi, did you get the visa? I am a PR in Canada, and this is the same question I am facing while giving a financial support letter for my sister to pay her tuition, who got an admission offer to study in Canada. Would that be suicidal for her visa?

Any comment/thoughts is appreciated.
Can you please comment what you did in this case? I have a similar case as you.

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021

yeah that's right
Just want to make it clear: Yup, it is correct that he might try to keep staying in Can after finished his study, but by a legitimate way. Why does the VO usually think ppl with a family member (who already got PR in Can) would try to stay in Can ILLEGELY?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Just want to make it clear: Yup, it is correct that he might try to keep staying in Can after finished his study, but by a legitimate way. Why does the VO usually think ppl with a family member (who already got PR in Can) would try to stay in Can ILLEGELY?
By having ties to CANADA, you may want to stay in Canada illegally. I have heard of many people who have done that, even if it might seem unlikely.

Remember there are people who are desperate to leave their home country, so staying in Canada illegally is not such a bad alternative to them.

Reactions: lamnt0702

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The VO will consider whether a family member will stay legally or illegally. Sounds very strange because there is a pathway to PR for international students but international students need to prove that they will return home after their studies. The more family members you have in Canada the higher chances you will remain in Canada.

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
By having ties to CANADA, you may want to stay in Canada illegally. I have heard of many people who have done that, even if it might seem unlikely.

Remember there are people who are desperate to leave their home country, so staying in Canada illegally is not such a bad alternative to them.
Thank you for your reply Wolfpmd3, I agree with "There are people who are desperate to leave their home country, so staying in Canada illegally is not such a bad alternative to them"

The VO will consider whether a family member will stay legally or illegally. Sounds very strange because there is a pathway to PR for international students but international students need to prove that they will return home after their studies. The more family members you have in Canada the higher chances you will remain in Canada.
Yes, What you said is totally correct and for sure, we all would like to obey the rules.

Thoughts-sharing: I just feel it a little bit unfair here for international students, I mean there are a lot of international students who have high education levels and quite good financial conditions/current assets at the same time, and they want to remain in Can after finished their study period, why VOs usually think about them negatively? Is this a bad thing if they want to stay in Can legitimately and would like to get good jobs as well as willing to give benefits to the country/community? Meanwhile, there are a lot of locals who are homeless, unemployment because of laziness, and smoke w*** everyday that we could see a lot in some random city-parks :(

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply Wolfpmd3, I agree with "There are people who are desperate to leave their home country, so staying in Canada illegally is not such a bad alternative to them"

Yes, What you said is totally correct and for sure, we all would like to obey the rules.

Thoughts-sharing: I just feel it a little bit unfair here for international students, I mean there are a lot of international students who have high education levels and quite good financial conditions/current assets at the same time, and they want to remain in Can after finished their study period, why VOs usually think about them negatively? Is this a bad thing if they want to stay in Can legitimately and would like to get good jobs as well as willing to give benefits to the country/community? Meanwhile, there are a lot of locals who are homeless, unemployment because of laziness, and smoke w*** everyday that we could see a lot in some random city-parks :(
No offense but there are likely lazy people, people who unemployed or people who are homeless for a variety of reasons in your home country too. I am not sure how this is relevant. There are also many international students who fail their Canadian courses. Not all international students have strong marks or finances.

Based on my observations there is less scrutiny if international students are pursuing advanced courses like masters and PhD from a reputable school.