06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
fariza said:
Well as most of the senior recommend..... Toronto...would be automatic choice!!
If you'll be landing in BC, do you have any place in mind right now where you'll be settling there? As for me, I'm thinking of either in Delta (where a relative of mine is) or in North Vancouver. Cheers!

S

shaon31

Hi

I am also planning to Land in BC, hopefully mid August. I will start my Graduate Schooling in SFU hopefully. Keep in touch buddies.

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
shaon31 said:
Hi

I am also planning to Land in BC, hopefully mid August. I will start my Graduate Schooling in SFU hopefully. Keep in touch buddies.
That's great shaon31. I plan to go to Graduate School myself. What would be the requirement for such? Are there any organizations that can preliminary aid us for this by providing study grants or loans?

harry12

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 nov 2009
Doc's Request.
20 jan 2010
File Transfer...
10 may 2010
Med's Request
28 sep 2010
Med's Done....
1 oct 2010
Passport Req..
28 sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 nov 2010
LANDED..........
7 june 2011
Hi friends.....I'm new in dis thread......I'm also planning to landing in vancouver in mid of the may.....I want to know how is the life in vancouver.

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
Hi harry12, welcome! That's the purpose of this thread, I hope someone who has already landed share his/her BC experience. btw, why did you choose vancouver?

S

shaon31

heatspine said:
That's great shaon31. I plan to go to Graduate School myself. What would be the requirement for such? Are there any organizations that can preliminary aid us for this by providing study grants or loans?
For the 1st Semester I won't get any funding. That is why I am thinking about it. :)

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heatspine said:
If you'll be landing in BC, do you have any place in mind right now where you'll be settling there? As for me, I'm thinking of either in Delta (where a relative of mine is) or in North Vancouver. Cheers!
Not yet decided mate or have any choice in mind... but been browsing over net and also keeping an eye here if anybody could guide and suggest!!

norbieumali

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Talisay, Batangas
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
23-03-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
04-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2010; sent thru DHL 23-11-2010; received PP by CEM on November 24, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-07-2011; Surrey, BC
Hi! We are landing on Surrey, BC probably on March 2011, or earlier depending on the release of our visa. Cheers!

harry12

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 nov 2009
Doc's Request.
20 jan 2010
File Transfer...
10 may 2010
Med's Request
28 sep 2010
Med's Done....
1 oct 2010
Passport Req..
28 sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 nov 2010
LANDED..........
7 june 2011
heatspine said:
Hi harry12, welcome! That's the purpose of this thread, I hope someone who has already landed share his/her BC experience. btw, why did you choose vancouver?
Actually some of my friends are already in vancouver.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Vancouver in May!!! You couldn't have picked a better month to arrive. I think Vancouver is at its prettiest in Springtime. LOTS of spring bulbs (daffodils, tulips, croccus) start coming up in mid-March and the flowering cherry trees line the streets shortly after. We have been likened to Japan for the flowering cherry trees! Weather in spring changes frequently from sunny to showery and the air is soft. Summer comes anytime from the end of May with the hottest, sunniest stretch from mid-July to mid-August (traditionally the last two weeks of August can be wet). Fall slips in with cooler mornings and evenings, but the sun still holds a reminder of the summer warmth. Late September leaves on the deciduous trees begin to turn from green to yellow, orange, flaming red and finally brown and get whipped to the ground with the strong winds and rains of October and November. The North Shore mountains are usually cloaked in white from mid-November until the end of May and on a clear day they look incredible against the blue sky! If we have a hard winter (like we did two years ago) the snow can come in early December and last for a month or more. Most years the weather warms up and snow turns to rain and washes away the slush a number of times until April. This winter has been easy so far. Already the daffodil and hyacinth bulbs are up several inches in the gardens and fat buds are on the rhododendron bushes. It will be 10 C today.
I read of so many who would like to come to Vancouver, but think it is too expensive compared to other parts of Canada. That is probably true right in Vancouver, but look at other places outside the city and other parts of BC. For example, Prince George is in central BC and their weather is more like eastern Canada at times, although today they have a chance of flurries and a high of 3C. They are working to enhance population growth in their city. Check out what they and other smaller cities have to offer.
And finally.....check out VANCOUVER DAILY PHOTO online. You will feel instantly connected to the weather and culture of our beautiful city.

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
Pippin said:
Vancouver in May!!! You couldn't have picked a better month to arrive. I think Vancouver is at its prettiest in Springtime. LOTS of spring bulbs (daffodils, tulips, croccus) start coming up in mid-March and the flowering cherry trees line the streets shortly after. We have been likened to Japan for the flowering cherry trees! Weather in spring changes frequently from sunny to showery and the air is soft. Summer comes anytime from the end of May with the hottest, sunniest stretch from mid-July to mid-August (traditionally the last two weeks of August can be wet). Fall slips in with cooler mornings and evenings, but the sun still holds a reminder of the summer warmth. Late September leaves on the deciduous trees begin to turn from green to yellow, orange, flaming red and finally brown and get whipped to the ground with the strong winds and rains of October and November. The North Shore mountains are usually cloaked in white from mid-November until the end of May and on a clear day they look incredible against the blue sky! If we have a hard winter (like we did two years ago) the snow can come in early December and last for a month or more. Most years the weather warms up and snow turns to rain and washes away the slush a number of times until April. This winter has been easy so far. Already the daffodil and hyacinth bulbs are up several inches in the gardens and fat buds are on the rhododendron bushes. It will be 10 C today.
I read of so many who would like to come to Vancouver, but think it is too expensive compared to other parts of Canada. That is probably true right in Vancouver, but look at other places outside the city and other parts of BC. For example, Prince George is in central BC and their weather is more like eastern Canada at times, although today they have a chance of flurries and a high of 3C. They are working to enhance population growth in their city. Check out what they and other smaller cities have to offer.
And finally.....check out VANCOUVER DAILY PHOTO online. You will feel instantly connected to the weather and culture of our beautiful city.
Thank you so much Pippin for the descriptive post. I can already imagine what it looks like through out the year. How long have you've been staying there in Vancouver? How was your adjustment? Perhaps you might want to share it more to us. Thank you in advance.

S

shaon31

heatspine said:
Thank you so much Pippin for the descriptive post. I can already imagine what it looks like through out the year. How long have you've been staying there in Vancouver? How was your adjustment? Perhaps you might want to share it more to us. Thank you in advance.
Hi pipin

Please share with us!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
What a sweet welcome, thank you heatspine and shaon. I was just reading Saki's sad post about leaving Forum and you cheered me up.
I must admit I am a bit of a sheep, in sheep's clothing here. I am Canadian and was born in Vancouver, so I am admittedly biased about the place! After high school graduation, I worked for 5 years at the University of BC in hospital administration. From there I went back to school to get my RN and did bedside nursing for 13 years in Vancouver. Back to Uni to get my BSN and then worked as a Public Health Nurse for 15 years in North Vancouver until my recent retirement.
We have neighbours who emigrated from distant countries and it has been fun talking with them about their experiences and helping them settle into the community. My Mother was a war bride who emigrated from England, so but for a twist of fate, I would not have grown up here. That's me in a nutshell.

S

shaon31

Pippin said:
What a sweet welcome, thank you heatspine and shaon. I was just reading Saki's sad post about leaving Forum and you cheered me up.
I must admit I am a bit of a sheep, in sheep's clothing here. I am Canadian and was born in Vancouver, so I am admittedly biased about the place! After high school graduation, I worked for 5 years at the University of BC in hospital administration. From there I went back to school to get my RN and did bedside nursing for 13 years in Vancouver. Back to Uni to get my BSN and then worked as a Public Health Nurse for 15 years in North Vancouver until my recent retirement.
We have neighbours who emigrated from distant countries and it has been fun talking with them about their experiences and helping them settle into the community. My Mother was a war bride who emigrated from England, so but for a twist of fate, I would not have grown up here. That's me in a nutshell.
Hi Pipin

it was nice to hear from you so quickly.

I was just wondering to get help from some of the locals. could you please message me your e-mail id (of course if you would like to)?

Regards
--
Shaon

harry12

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 nov 2009
Doc's Request.
20 jan 2010
File Transfer...
10 may 2010
Med's Request
28 sep 2010
Med's Done....
1 oct 2010
Passport Req..
28 sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 nov 2010
LANDED..........
7 june 2011
Pippin said:
Hi Pippin.....thnx for your advice....plz share more about life in vancouver