+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring new born child to Canada

sam_99

Dec 2, 2018
Hello,

I'm a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and my wife is a PR holder

She recently gave birth in India to my child and currently she is in India

How can I bring my new born child to Canada?

Is it possible to apply for passport directly from India? or do I have to apply for Canadian citizenship certificate first and then apply for passport? What steps should I take to?

Please advise, Thank you in advance!

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hello,

Is it possible to apply for passport directly from India? or do I have to apply for Canadian citizenship certificate first and then apply for passport? What steps should I take to?

Hi,

Did you get the information on this? I will be in the same boat soon. So trying to understand the process. Please share some information. Thanks in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Did you get the information on this? I will be in the same boat soon. So trying to understand the process. Please share some information. Thanks in advance.
You may find this covered in the citizenship or family spnosorship sections.

Short form: contact the embassy/high commission/consulate/consular section. Ask for assistance. You will probably be told to apply for a temporary passport for the child (usually/often by providing/applying for citizenship certificate at same time or first and then providing copies of the application).

They will usually issue the temporary passport (may refer to it slightly differently) on basis that the child is presumed to be a citizen.

Doesn't affect much as infants often issued short-validity passports anyway. When citizenship is confirmed you apply for a new passport.

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hello,

Hi Sam Please connect with me I'm in the same boat.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a small hope if anyone in the same boat can guide me. I want to bring my child here. Its really stressful by looking at all these steps.
You need to get the child's Canadian citizen certificate first before you can apply for his or her Canadian passport.