+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open WP Question

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Hi,

I have a client from UK on a WP. I filed for their PR under CEC 4 months ago. His WP is about to expire. We received the file number from CIO.

My question is:

1. Can I take him, his wife and kids to a POE and get a bridging open work permit for him and new visitor records for his kids who are attending a school here? Or it has to be filed online or paper application only?

2. Given that I live in Vancouver, which POE is the most suitable?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

EasyCanadaVisa said:
Hi,

I have a client from UK on a WP. I filed for their PR under CEC 4 months ago. His WP is about to expire. We received the file number from CIO.

My question is:

1. Can I take him, his wife and kids to a POE and get a bridging open work permit for him and new visitor records for his kids who are attending a school here? Or it has to be filed online or paper application only?

2. Given that I live in Vancouver, which POE is the most suitable?

Thanks
Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

Foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (work permit exempt) situations.
Foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status.
Foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or already have a new LMO that can be used as the basis for new work permit application
Foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry.
Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant.