+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit

tomytee

Jun 20, 2019
Bridge permit is one type of open work permit.
Make sure you submit all the documents properly.
Hello, I am in a similar situation, and i figured the steps you described might be my best option to submit my application for a bowp online. However, do you know anyone who has submitted it this way and gotten their bowp or were they rejected after submitting it this way and told to try a different way?

shev35

Feb 6, 2019
Dear,

I got nomination from Alberta and got AOR from IRCC.
Now I lost my job. I have closed work permit. So I must inform AINP that now I unemployed.
Have anyone experience if AINP can withdraw my nomination or not?
What do you think if I apply BWOP in order to get open work permit and find new job without LMIA if my visa ends in 12 months although BWOP required only less then 4 months.

Thanks!

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Thanks a lot. I got the option for Open Work Permit. But it does not say Bridging Open work permit. Should it matter?

Hii

Hope you gor your briding work permit.
It would be so helpful if send me the link for applying briding workpermit.
I tried many times but the application was leading me to the Visitor visa (although i mentions Application for: Worker)

Thanks
Ravi

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Choose you are a temporary worker, you want to stay TEMPORARILY in Canada for more than 6 months and you have received approval in principle for your PR application.
It should give you an option for open work permit
Hi Could please send me the link to apply for BOWP. I have tried many ways it was always leading to the the Visitor VISA. So frustrated.

Questions and my answers:
What would you like to do in Canada? : WORK
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? : Temporary more than six months
Select the code that matches the one on your passport?: India
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada?.: Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?: NO
What is your date of birth?: 1985/xx/xx
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) number?: NO

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks

avn2992

Aug 30, 2019
Ontario
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-08-2019
Hi Could please send me the link to apply for BOWP. I have tried many ways it was always leading to the the Visitor VISA. So frustrated.

Questions and my answers:
What would you like to do in Canada? : WORK
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? : Temporary more than six months
Select the code that matches the one on your passport?: India
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada?.: Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?: NO
What is your date of birth?: 1985/xx/xx
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) number?: NO

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Hello There, In the application there, what did you chose?
*Apply for work permit with the same employer
*Restore my status as a worker
*Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
* Get a new temporary resident work permit
I have AINP nomination. But i am not currently working anywhere

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Dear,

I got nomination from Alberta and got AOR from IRCC.
Now I lost my job. I have closed work permit. So I must inform AINP that now I unemployed.
Have anyone experience if AINP can withdraw my nomination or not?
What do you think if I apply BWOP in order to get open work permit and find new job without LMIA if my visa ends in 12 months although BWOP required only less then 4 months.

Thanks!
Hi there,
I am same under AINP but I have not received AOR yet. I emailed PNP office and told her my situation. There is response:
Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on your employment status. The AINP will continue to support your nomination as you met the working requirements at the time of assessment. Be sure to keep us informed once your employment resumes.

BOWP is only if your work permit expires less than 4 months so don't apply it now if your work permit isn't expired soon. I heard they will decline your application.
Hope this helps.