+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit

markom

Oct 23, 2013
Hello everyone,
My post graduation work permit will be expired in March 2017. I applied for PR (paper/PNP stream) in Dec 2016 and haven't heard anything back from CIC.
I applied for my wp extension in Dec and was rejected because I did not have "Acknowledgement of Receipt of my PR application".
My questions are:
- If I reapply, can I just use the delivery certificate from Canada Post?
- if not, what document should I submit to CIC because CIC will not send the application number after 3 months. By that time, my wp already expires.
I'm very frustrated about that. Could you please help me?
Thank you so much!

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
markom said:
Hello everyone,
My post graduation work permit will be expired in March 2017. I applied for PR (paper/PNP stream) in Dec 2016 and haven't heard anything back from CIC.
I applied for my wp extension in Dec and was rejected because I did not have "Acknowledgement of Receipt of my PR application".
My questions are:
- if not, what document should I submit to CIC because CIC will not send the application number after 3 months. By that time, my wp already expires.
Thank you so much!
Hello,
- In addition to delivery certificate I would print out the email that u received with application number.For example, in my email with application number it says
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/05/09.

Hope that helps

Mark me as good if it helped

Anton

markom

Oct 23, 2013
Hi Anton,
Thank you for your prompt response.
My problem is I haven't received my application # yet. It takes 3 months and by the time I receive that, my wp is already expired.

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
markom said:
Hello everyone,
My questions are:
Thank you so much!
take a look into this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-help-about-work-permit-t468823.0.html

markom

Oct 23, 2013
Thank you a lot for your link. My case is a bit different because I have not received my AOR.
I applied in Dec and it takes 3 months for CIC to send out the AOR and Application #.
At that time, my wp for sure will be expired. Therefore, bridging wp is not an option for me.
I'll try to apply for closed work permit but they asked for the 3 supporting documents below that I don't have:
- Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required)
- Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
- IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt
Could you please advised where I can get there? or if I answer my questionnaire wrong?
Thank you so much!
Below are my answers:
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? No
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada? No If I answer yes, it will turn to "Bridging open work permit" right?

Do you have a written job offer? Yes
Which situation best describes your work situation? I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder
Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer? No

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
markom said:
Thank you a lot for your link. My case is a bit different because I have not received my AOR.
I applied in Dec and it takes 3 months for CIC to send out the AOR and Application #.
At that time, my wp for sure will be expired. Therefore, bridging wp is not an option for me.
I'll try to apply for closed work permit but they asked for the 3 supporting documents below that I don't have:
- Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required)
- Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
- IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt
Could you please advised where I can get there? or if I answer my questionnaire wrong?
Thank you so much!
Below are my answers:
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? No
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada? No If I answer yes, it will turn to "Bridging open work permit" right?

Do you have a written job offer? Yes
Which situation best describes your work situation? I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder
Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer? No
but it is the same work permit and if you have not the 204c support letter from your province
then ask your province for it, you will get it

when will your wp expire??
when did you apply for pr??
do you have "employment restrictions" on your nomination?

if you have enough time i would wait for AOR but to make sure ask your province for this support letter
and you employer for the job offer just to be prepared

markom

Oct 23, 2013
- my wp expires on March 22, 2017
- I applied PR on Dec 12, 2016
- There is no restrictions on my nomination certificate.
I applied through International Student stream. Will 204c also apply?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hi, can I apply for extending my work permit while I have the CSQ and received AOR for PR application?

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hi, can I apply for extending my work permit while I have the CSQ and received AOR for PR application?
Sorry to say this, but it doesn't matter how many threads you ask this from, the answer is always the same: Quebec skilled worker program applicants with CSQ and AOR are NOT eligible for bridging open work permit. It is clearly stated both at Immigration Quebec and CIC that they are eligible ONLY for closed, employer specific work permit although it is LMIA exempt due to the CSQ.
I know that you are aware that some CSQ holders managed to get open work permit but this is not standard procedure!! It is totally random who gets it and who doesn't. It is against the guidelines so if the officer decides to be nice or just does not know of the procedures, they sometimes "accidentally" give open work permits for CSQ holders. Quebec Skilled Worker program/CSQ is not a Provincial Nominee program. You are welcome to try for BOW if your situation is not critical. Be prepared to get your application rejected because they see you're not eligible as a CSQ holder.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I really don't understand why you cannot submit according to the instructions for employer specific work permit as LMIA exempt?? With a letter from your employer you would get this employer specific permit almost 100% surely, whereas the chances for BOW are very low. Why try the hard way when the easy way is right in front of you?