+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit

vic2014

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Hi all and happy new year!

I'm in the process of applying for a BOWP and was hoping a couple of you could please confirm the following before I submit (online):

- Under question 3 'I'm applying for one or more of the following', I'm not allowed to pick both 'A work permit with the same employer' and 'an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer.' Should I just pick the latter??

- I will leave 'Details of Intended work in Canada' blank, correct?

- Under employment 'current activity', I want to indicate that I'm still in the same position. What do I put under 'to'?? Should I just leave it blank?

- I will need one more page for 'employment'. Can I just type one up in Word and attach? I want to submit the application online.

- How did you attach your AOR using the online submission option? Screen shot of email and attachment?

Thank you so much for reading and your input!

Best of luck to you all :)

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
vic2014 said:
Hi all and happy new year!

I'm in the process of applying for a BOWP and was hoping a couple of you could please confirm the following before I submit (online):

- Under question 3 'I'm applying for one or more of the following', I'm not allowed to pick both 'A work permit with the same employer' and 'an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer.' Should I just pick the latter??select only one , the second one

- I will leave 'Details of Intended work in Canada' blank, correct?yes leave blank or say NA

- Under employment 'current activity', I want to indicate that I'm still in the same position. What do I put under 'to'?? Should I just leave it blank?just leave blank

- I will need one more page for 'employment'. Can I just type one up in Word and attach? I want to submit the application online.i have just given my last three yrs employment history.think it is enough.or else you can make a word doc and upload it

- How did you attach your AOR using the online submission option? Screen shot of email and attachment?just save the mail as pdf. combine the AOR,WP , explanation letter in pdf and upload

Thank you so much for reading and your input!

Best of luck to you all :)

chokra

May 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
Hi I'm awaiting AOR anytime soon for my PR application and need to apply for BOWP for me and my spouse. But I can't find the right option and application online.
As soon as I log into my CIC account online, it ask me to fill up details for an Express Entry and I can't find the option for just applying online for the BOWP.
Please help.

Thanks.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
chokra said:
Hi I'm awaiting AOR anytime soon for my PR application and need to apply for BOWP for me and my spouse. But I can't find the right option and application online.
As soon as I log into my CIC account online, it ask me to fill up details for an Express Entry and I can't find the option for just applying online for the BOWP.
Please help.

Thanks.
first use the come to Canada tool(in cic website) and get the unique code.Then login to ur my cic account and click on the visitor visa , study and/or work tab and enter the code.Then the system takes you from there

vic2014

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Thank you akil_f1!! Very helpful!

Chokra: did you try using akil's method for the online BOWP application?

I'm not there yet. I'll apply next month, but was surprised to hear you only had the option of creating an EE profile...

devadev82

Aug 18, 2014
Hi All,
I am also facing the same issue as that of chokra. I created my application in the mid of December for BOWP (during which the website worked fine) but did not submit it. Now when I login using the GC key ,(for uploading more docs and submitting) I am able to see the my application along with the code, but not able to submit or continue with my application, as it directly goes into Express Entry link. Dont know what is the problem?

Chokra : Did u find a solution for it?

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Deva

chokra

May 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
devadev82 said:
Hi All,
I am also facing the same issue as that of chokra. I created my application in the mid of December for BOWP (during which the website worked fine) but did not submit it. Now when I login using the GC key ,(for uploading more docs and submitting) I am able to see the my application along with the code, but not able to submit or continue with my application, as it directly goes into Express Entry link. Dont know what is the problem?

Chokra : Did u find a solution for it?

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Nope. Not yet. I don't get anything but Express Entry option.
Emailed CIC, but haven't heard back anything till now. If others could help, please do share your experiences. Thanks.

Deva

chokra

May 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
akil_f1 said:
first use the come to Canada tool(in cic website) and get the unique code.Then login to ur my cic account and click on the visitor visa , study and/or work tab and enter the code.Then the system takes you from there
Is it the same process for those inside Canada?
IS there only one form for all kinds of work permit including the BOWP?

Thanks.

devadev82

Aug 18, 2014
Hi Chokra,

Could you please email me the email id of CIC, so that I will also email the same thing to them? That way some answer will be arrived at due to pressure.

Thanks and Regars,
Devadev

devadev82

Aug 18, 2014
Hi All,

I face the same problem once again as explained above. Not sure what to do. Experts please advice. Not sure how it automatically goes into Express Entry link when I want to apply for open work permit though online.

Regards,
Devadev

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Yes I will apply too in next month for BOWP. Is some one did the way Akil told please let us know for our experience.

Thanks.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
akil_f1 said:
Bro,

A quick question for applying BOWP do we need to send our current employer letter too ??