+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Without Spouse X-Ray Exam

bobby_yan

Dec 16, 2016
If I get an ITA, have all other necessary documents on hand, but my spouse is pregnant, I wonder if it is possible to get a Bridging Open Work Permit for me (main applicant) without her X-Ray exam report. I know it is safe to finish other medical exams, but X-Ray may be unsafe. Thank you.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
bobby_yan said:
If I get an ITA, have all other necessary documents on hand, but my spouse is pregnant, I wonder if it is possible to get a Bridging Open Work Permit for me (main applicant) without her X-Ray exam report. I know it is safe to finish other medical exams, but X-Ray may be unsafe. Thank you.
BOWP doesn't require medical examination. If you don't have medical examination completed before applying for wp, you will get wp with certain restrictions (I.e working in health care jobs).

bobby_yan

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you very much. However, just to double confirm, do you mean that my wife's X-ray result will NOT be a problem for passing "the R10 completeness check". According to International Mobility Program: Provincial nominees and permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants (I'm not allowed to post the link), "To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must" ... "their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check". I will be the main application in our PR application. Thanks again.

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Thank you very much. However, just to double confirm, do you mean that my wife's X-ray result will NOT be a problem for passing "the R10 completeness check". According to International Mobility Program: Provincial nominees and permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants (I'm not allowed to post the link), "To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must" ... "their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check". I will be the main application in our PR application. Thanks again.
I am in the exact same situation. How did your process go? Can you provide any information or advice, please?

cram2017

Star Member
May 12, 2017
I have an LMIA exempt work permit (intra company transfer) and my spouse has an open work permit based on my status. we submitted our application post ITA and have received our AOR on Aug 17 through the PNP stream. My visa expires next june and if our PR is not here by Feb 2018:
  1. Do we qualify for BOWP?
  2. Will my spouse also get her work permit?
  3. Or should I just ask my