+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge open work permit

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Guys today i saw something weird in my online application for bridge open work permit.

1) i and my wife are applying for BOWP and today they are asking for Itinerary Travel document which is mandatory.. If i am applying within Canada i don't have any Itinerary travel document. What should i fill at this mandatory requirement document

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
I applied by mail and I wasn't asked about any travels (must be an online thing)

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
CEC_DEC_27 said:
Guys today i saw something weird in my online application for bridge open work permit.

1) i and my wife are applying for BOWP and today they are asking for Itinerary Travel document which is mandatory.. If i am applying within Canada i don't have any Itinerary travel document. What should i fill at this mandatory requirement document
Same thing happened to me too. I did already apply for BOWP, but online system asked me medical exam. I submitted the letter that I have it booked and will send the results. However, I now found out that medical is not needed and was doing some additional research. So I took the questionary again, providing different answers, and got the same thing about travel itinerary.

I am still doing my research and will decide will I leave the application as it is, or cancel it and submit the new one.

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
sportas said:
Same thing happened to me too. I did already apply for BOWP, but online system asked me medical exam. I submitted the letter that I have it booked and will send the results. However, I now found out that medical is not needed and was doing some additional research. So I took the questionary again, providing different answers, and got the same thing about travel itinerary.

I am still doing my research and will decide will I leave the application as it is, or cancel it and submit the new one.
Hey I noticed this too, it only came yesterday. I assume we just put an explanation letter as I have been living in Canada two years

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
hegarty147 said:
Hey I noticed this too, it only came yesterday. I assume we just put an explanation letter as I have been living in Canada two years
Hi have you got any specific format of how to provide the explanation letter for this issue.

theangrybee

Feb 20, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2/24/2015
LANDED..........
Alberta
I'm having the exact same issue... what the heck, is it an error?

theangrybee

Feb 20, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2/24/2015
LANDED..........
Alberta
I just contacted CIC and they said it is an error. Like many of you thought, you just need to upload a letter saying how many years you have been living in Canada and that the CIC call centre says that this requirement is in error.

You can also verify for yourself by contacting the cic call centre as well if you want. :>

Hope everyone gets their BOWP!

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Something similar is happening with me too..

I am in Canada and applying for BOWP as I have received my AOR and my current WP getting expired in the next 4 months.
I just filled up the eligibility questions for my BOWP and my wife's visitor permit extension.
But surprisingly, the list of application forms/documents that was asked in the checklist as supporting documents are:

Application Form(s)
Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)

Supporting Documents
Marriage License/Certificate
Family Member Proof of Status
Itinerary, Travel - Why this, I am inside of Canada
Passport or travel document
Digital Photo
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)

Family Members
You have told us that additional people will come to Canada with you. - Again, it seems like CIC feels like I am outside the country.

Please attach their documents below.
Family Member
Application Form(s)

Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder (IMM5708)

Also, when I spoke to CIC call center and was told that bridging work permit cannot be applied online?
Is that correct?

I just completed my medicals for PR.
But still, I don't think medical documents are needed to be submitted as I have been in canada for more than 2 years and have not stayed in any designated country more than 6 months in the past one year.

Regarding Travel itinerary, I too got it.
As everyone is saying, we probably need to just provide a letter saying that we have been canada for more than xxx no of years and hence have no Travel itinerary.

Thanks in advance,

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thus, principal applicant and spouse both qualify to apply for BOWP? Or only principal applicant does?

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
I am also facing the same situation. I dont know now what document to provide for the itinerary. Have to got any specific format to send to CIC?

ganges said:
Something similar is happening with me too..

I am in Canada and applying for BOWP as I have received my AOR and my current WP getting expired in the next 4 months.
I just filled up the eligibility questions for my BOWP and my wife's visitor permit extension.
But surprisingly, the list of application forms/documents that was asked in the checklist as supporting documents are:

Application Form(s)
Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)

Supporting Documents
Marriage License/Certificate
Family Member Proof of Status
Itinerary, Travel - Why this, I am inside of Canada
Digital Photo
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)

Family Members
You have told us that additional people will come to Canada with you. - Again, it seems like CIC feels like I am outside the country.

Family Member
Application Form(s)

Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder (IMM5708)

Also, when I spoke to CIC call center and was told that bridging work permit cannot be applied online?
Is that correct?

I just completed my medicals for PR.
But still, I don't think medical documents are needed to be submitted as I have been in canada for more than 2 years and have not stayed in any designated country more than 6 months in the past one year.

Regarding Travel itinerary, I too got it.
As everyone is saying, we probably need to just provide a letter saying that we have been canada for more than xxx no of years and hence have no Travel itinerary.

Thanks in advance,

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
lhyyym said:
Thus, principal applicant and spouse both qualify to apply for BOWP? Or only principal applicant does?
Only the principal applicant needs to Qualify. In my case, I am also applying to extend my Wife's visitor permit.

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
CEC_DEC_27 said:
I am also facing the same situation. I dont know now what document to provide for the itinerary. Have to got any specific format to send to CIC?
I spoke to CIC 4-5 times since yesterday and twice I was told that there is something wrong with BOWP and hence needs to be applied via mail rather than doing it online.

I have a question: After filling up "check you eligibility", I am getting the link for "Open Work permit"
Are you supposed to get a different link for "Bridging Open Work permit" ?
If not, then why can't we apply online? I am soo confused... :(

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
ganges said:
I spoke to CIC 4-5 times since yesterday and twice I was told that there is something wrong with BOWP and hence needs to be applied via mail rather than doing it online.

I have a question: After filling up "check you eligibility", I am getting the link for "Open Work permit"
Are you supposed to get a different link for "Bridging Open Work permit" ?
If not, then why can't we apply online? I am soo confused... :(
No. You should use the same application forms for all types of Work Permits. (Technically speaking, there is only one type of Work Permit - it's just conditions on WP are different)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=178&t=17

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
well for the travel itinerary i just put a word document stating i am living in Canada and have been here since 2013 hence no itinerary. I submitted it online last nite. If they wanted them by post they would have announced it.

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
pfse said:
No. You should use the same application forms for all types of Work Permits. (Technically speaking, there is only one type of Work Permit - it's just conditions on WP are different)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=178&t=17
Thanks a lot for your response pfse.

One more question.
I am currently in closed WP. I have applied for PR and have received the AOR as well as medical request.
Does it mean that I am "approved in principle" or have got the "first stage approval"?

These are two eligibility questions that I am not sure how to answer.

Thanks & Regards