+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS - Canadian Government Slashes Backlog

vinay sharma

Jul 1, 2011

hi guyz i am really shocked to hear about this new rule of canadian govt
i am waiting for 7 yrs but i think all hopes ended

i applied in august 2004 under fsw and got my papers updated in 2009 so am i safe or included in the new rule passed by canadian govt
plz do reply if any one knows about this

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vinay sharma said:

hi guyz i am really shocked to hear about this new rule of canadian govt
i am waiting for 7 yrs but i think all hopes ended

i applied in august 2004 under fsw and got my papers updated in 2009 so am i safe or included in the new rule passed by canadian govt
plz do reply if any one knows about this

Probably not if no selection decision has been made. To be sure, you could order your CAIPS, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Probably not if no selection decision has been made. To be sure, you could order your CAIPS, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Dear PMM,
in my case, my selection decision has been made, SELDEC 04, no medicals yet
what would you say?

thx

msaleemb

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Mitali,

I am an applicant of April 2004 (Islamabad) and my case was moved to London in April 2011. My ecas status is showing;
We started processing your application on April 7, 2004.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
We transferred your application to the London England office on April 20, 2011. The London England office may contact you.

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
msaleemb said:
Mitali,

I am an applicant of April 2004 (Islamabad) and my case was moved to London in April 2011. My ecas status is showing;
We started processing your application on April 7, 2004.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
We transferred your application to the London England office on April 20, 2011. The London England office may contact you.
Saleem bhai sorry to say you have been either rejected or your application will ne returned.. I think it's a rejection rather than the latte one.. Sorry..

powpow-411

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/9/2007
Doc's Request.
16/2/2009
AOR Received.
23/03/2008
Med's Request
Still waiting
Passport Req..
Still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Still waiting
I am a September 2007 applicant. CIC had requested that i submitted Police Certificate and updated documents and also proof of my relative in canada premanant documents. When i had ordered CAIPS the only score i got was for my age. It also state that my file would be B/FWD on the 25/1/2012. Do i still have any chance?

powpow-411

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/9/2007
Doc's Request.
16/2/2009
AOR Received.
23/03/2008
Med's Request
Still waiting
Passport Req..
Still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Still waiting
powpow-411 said:
I am a September 2007 applicant. CIC had requested that i submitted Police Certificate and updated documents and also proof of my relative in canada premanant documents. When i had ordered CAIPS the only score i got was for my age. It also state that my file would be B/FWD on the 25/1/2012. Do i still have any chance?

skogutem

Oct 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all doc
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Sep - Oct 2014
vinay sharma said:
hi guyz i dont now whts this 'CAIPS'
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS
What Are 'CAIPS', 'FOSS' and 'GCMS' Files?

CAIPS is short for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'. It is the computer system historically used by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to process visa applications, and holds all the information on the current status of every immigration application being processed by overseas offices (i.e. those outside of Canada), other than new applications at offices which have switched to using the 'GCMS' system.

FOSS is the computer system historically used by CIC offices in Canada to track all immigration-related information, but like the CAIPS system is being superceded by GCMS.

GCMS is short for 'Global Case Management System', and is a newer computer system that CIC are rolling out across their offices. To ensure that we manage to obtain your file, we request both CAIPS/GCMS files or FOSS/GCMS files.

Why Is This Interesting?

If you are not applying for a Canadian visa, then caips notes, foss files and gcms records are of no interest to you!

However, if you have applied to emigrate to Canada with a PR visa - as a skilled worker, business applicant/investor or as a spouse or other family member of someone already in Canada - then, with our help, you can obtain a copy of your immigration file from CIC and find out what has happened to your application so far, and get an indication of what will happen next with your file, and when. The system also holds information on work permits, study permits and visitor visas, and we can also apply for these reports on your behalf.

Should I Get My File?

There are many situations where you may want to apply for your CAIPS notes. If you have been asked to attend an interview, then you may wish to obtain your notes to find out why the interview was requested, so that you can be well prepared for the interview.

Also, if you feel that your application is taking longer than usual, or you have not heard anything from the visa office for a surprisingly long time, then you may consider requesting your immigration file to check that your application is on track. We have often tracked unexplained delays down to missing letters or documents which have been highlighted as soon as the file is obtained. For example, CIC may have written to an applicant requesting additional references, educational transcripts or language tests, but the applicant's address can be incorrect or outdated.

Finally if you have any other worry about your application status or progress, or are just generally curious as to what has happened so far, then you can obtain your CAIPSnotes just to put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps...

clark6885

Apr 3, 2012
Who made the backlogs? It is the government especially CIC. Prior to implementation of C50, all applications were assessed in queue. First in, First out. Although applicants need to wait for 2 years to 5 years to get final decision, files proceed consecutively. Instead, after implementation of C50, all the pre-c50 files were thrown into backlog without raising a finger due to C50 applications jumping the queue. CIC is the maker of backlog but force us to undertake the consequence unfairly.
I am going to tell all my friends, my family’s friends,friends of friends and my offspring that Canada got yellow stain of perfidy and treachery. I will warn everyone I know especially my children to stay away from everything of Canada, because an unjust, unfair and irresponsible country is very dangerous to them.

clark6885

Apr 3, 2012
OTTAWA—The federal government is wiping out a waiting list of more than 200,000 foreign workers and returning the $130 million they paid in processing fees as it begins an ambitious overhaul of the country’s immigration system.
Hopeful immigrants who applied before Feb. 27, 2008, to come to Canada as skilled workers will have their fees returned and be told to apply again under new programs that put greater emphasis on their work skills.

The news has already created shockwaves among immigration lawyers and consultants, who anticipated myriad legal actions against the government.

“It is another example of the lack of integrity and shortsightedness of this government,” said Toronto lawyer Tim Leahy, who filed a class action lawsuit earlier this year on behalf of more than 300 immigration applicants over delayed processing.

“What does it say about the integrity of Canada? We can refund the processing fee, but how are you going to refund six years of lives of these applicants?”
Calling the plan “unprecedented,” lawyer Robin Seligman said the government should have first stopped the intake to clear the backlog. Prospective migrants might now think twice before applying to Canada, she added. “How can you trust this government?”

The drastic move is meant to eliminate a backlog that means skilled workers have had to wait upwards of eight years to get into Canada.

munir.ladha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Doc's Request.
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
30-06-2011
IELTS Request
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
27-04-2010
Med's Request
09-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
suppose waived
Passport Req..
Passport, PCC, RPRF DD sent on 13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
With God's grace visa and landing papers received on 5th Feb 2013.
LANDED..........
with Gods' s grace landed on May 7 2013.
skogutem said:
What Are 'CAIPS', 'FOSS' and 'GCMS' Files?

CAIPS is short for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'. It is the computer system historically used by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to process visa applications, and holds all the information on the current status of every immigration application being processed by overseas offices (i.e. those outside of Canada), other than new applications at offices which have switched to using the 'GCMS' system.

FOSS is the computer system historically used by CIC offices in Canada to track all immigration-related information, but like the CAIPS system is being superceded by GCMS.

GCMS is short for 'Global Case Management System', and is a newer computer system that CIC are rolling out across their offices. To ensure that we manage to obtain your file, we request both CAIPS/GCMS files or FOSS/GCMS files.

Why Is This Interesting?

If you are not applying for a Canadian visa, then caips notes, foss files and gcms records are of no interest to you!

However, if you have applied to emigrate to Canada with a PR visa - as a skilled worker, business applicant/investor or as a spouse or other family member of someone already in Canada - then, with our help, you can obtain a copy of your immigration file from CIC and find out what has happened to your application so far, and get an indication of what will happen next with your file, and when. The system also holds information on work permits, study permits and visitor visas, and we can also apply for these reports on your behalf.

Should I Get My File?

There are many situations where you may want to apply for your CAIPS notes. If you have been asked to attend an interview, then you may wish to obtain your notes to find out why the interview was requested, so that you can be well prepared for the interview.

Also, if you feel that your application is taking longer than usual, or you have not heard anything from the visa office for a surprisingly long time, then you may consider requesting your immigration file to check that your application is on track. We have often tracked unexplained delays down to missing letters or documents which have been highlighted as soon as the file is obtained. For example, CIC may have written to an applicant requesting additional references, educational transcripts or language tests, but the applicant's address can be incorrect or outdated.

Finally if you have any other worry about your application status or progress, or are just generally curious as to what has happened so far, then you can obtain your CAIPSnotes just to put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps...
I have applied for PR through a consultant, now can I apply for caips/gcms through my relative in Canada? or will they reject my caips request because it is not through the consultant??

noman

Jun 13, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111 and 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2004
Doc's Request.
08/07/2011
AOR Received.
sep 2004
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Dear PMM,

in my CAIPS PSDEC =1 and SELDEC=0 and i'm sep 2004 applicant....also in my CAIPS mentioned that the paper file sent to PPS FILE BF'D to PCL on 23/02/2012.....what does it mean

although they have awarded me 70 points as mentioned in CAIPS, also that I hve submitted my updated documents in July 2011.

Regards

Noman

vinay sharma

Jul 1, 2011
hi i have applied under fsw for canada and i have relatives in canada
so can i now apply for 'CAIPS' AND WILL IT BE HELPUL TO ME