+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Breaking news! Canada's citizenship processing slowest within G-8 & G-20

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elk-hunter said:
I'm really surprised to hear so many complains here about the citizenship process.
I applied in July 2014 and will have my test in one week.
I agree that the process could be designed with more feedback and information from
CIC.
But overall I think Canada is very generous with their citizenship process.
It takes you way longer to be eligible to apply for example for citizenship in
European countries.
The process itself once you are eligible is probably faster.
The conservatives are doing a great job and have cut processing times
Down a lot (at least for many applicants)
In my opinion those what are complaining so much are often the ones
Who leave Canada right after receiving citizenship.
That's not the intent of becoming a Citizen.
And One more Thing: I have never in this country experienced
Racism of any sort. In no other country are immigrants more welcomed
And accepted.
Just my two cents.
I can't agree with your opinions. I applied in July 2014 (the same time with you) in Edmonton. However, you would take the test in a week but I have to wait and wait... I called CIC and their reply is my case is normal and should be get test invitation within 24 to 36 months. Is that ridiculous?
In Edmonton, they still process cases submitted at the end of 2013 or the beginning of 2014. Before I submitted my application, I have lived in Canada in four years. Why I should wait another 2 to 3 years to become a Canadian citizen? Can you say it's still a fair process.
You say so because you didn't experience what other applicants experienced who wait 2 to 3 years to become citizens.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? what is the point of having a 3 year requirement when you can hold peoples citizenship application indefinitely? what about people like myself who have been waiting for 42 months on top the 36 months requirement? we should not be celebrating this at all. CIC is the most inefficient immigration service in all the G8 countries.

dispasha said:
Remember the requirement stay 1095 days as PR ( 3years) in Canada is shorter than in USA and other G8 countries which is 5years stay as PR before applying.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Really? what is the point of having a 3 year requirement when you can hold peoples citizenship application indefinitely? what about people like myself who have been waiting for 42 months on top the 36 months requirement? we should not be celebrating this at all. CIC is the most inefficient immigration service in all the G8 countries.
Hear! Hear! I truly often wonder what's behind this mess. I can't wrap my head around their inept handling of one of the most important issue of our generation namely 'immigration' to Canada. They've been disappointing to say the least.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. Because it is an island and they have a record of every entry and exit
LOOOOOOOOL! Yeah. And people enter Canada from the arctic. /sarcasm. Are you for real? LOL

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I love it! lol lol this is too funny.

Rayan14 said:
LOOOOOOOOL! Yeah. And people enter Canada from the arctic. /sarcasm. Are you for real? LOL

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
It actually takes lot less then 81 days to process Citizenship application here in Australia. My application was approved in 40-45 days. People get approved even before this. I know people who have got passports within 60 days.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alicezy said:
I can't agree with your opinions. I applied in July 2014 (the same time with you) in Edmonton. However, you would take the test in a week but I have to wait and wait... I called CIC and their reply is my case is normal and should be get test invitation within 24 to 36 months. Is that ridiculous?
In Edmonton, they still process cases submitted at the end of 2013 or the beginning of 2014. Before I submitted my application, I have lived in Canada in four years. Why I should wait another 2 to 3 years to become a Canadian citizen? Can you say it's still a fair process.
You say so because you didn't experience what other applicants experienced who wait 2 to 3 years to become citizens.
Unfortunately every case is different.
I feel for the people who applied 2-3 years ago
And are still in process.

But your case for example is what I don't understand why you
Are calling it redicuolus and unfair.
You applied the same time as me but who tells you you won't get an
Test invite soon?
Maybe it's in the mail already. I just got mine a week ago.

The process has by far improved for the majority.
It's unfortunatly for the few what are still waiting or having
To take a longer journey.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
From CIC site (data as of Nov 2014):

(in months) Number of applications Percent of application
0-12 months 124,229 50%
13-18 months 27,058 11%
19-24 months 13,093 5%
25+ months 82,322 33%
TOTAL 246,702 100%

From Nov 2013 they have made progress where 73% cases were taking longer than a year, by Nov 2014 50% cases are taking longer than a year. I believe this number would now be lower like 30-40%.

Elk-hunter said:
Unfortunately every case is different.
I feel for the people who applied 2-3 years ago
And are still in process.

But your case for example is what I don't understand why you
Are calling it redicuolus and unfair.
You applied the same time as me but who tells you you won't get an
Test invite soon?
Maybe it's in the mail already. I just got mine a week ago.

The process has by far improved for the majority.
It's unfortunatly for the few what are still waiting or having
To take a longer journey.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:
It actually takes lot less then 81 days to process Citizenship application here in Australia. My application was approved in 40-45 days. People get approved even before this. I know people who have got passports within 60 days.
Oh my goodness. That's so Nice.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
djoli said:
I could not disagree more. For you and most applicants the process is excellent as it takes an average of 6 to 80 months sometimes to complete the process. But for myself and the thousands of applicants that applied in 2009/2010/2011/2012 the process if far from being fair. Why? there are thousands of people that have been waiting for more 36 months, why? in most cases they do not even look at those applications, very sad. There is probably not a single developed country in the world where a citizenship application takes more than 3 years, it is utterly ridiculous. I am pretty sure if you had been waiting for 36+ months you would be talking differently.
Why dont you form a group, hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit against Govt - A govt that is illegally withholding citizenship from you after you have met the qualifications!!!

Problem is folks wont unite in Canada, just complain.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
I would suggest people who have been waiting long to contact the Civil Liberties Association in their province.

quasar81 said:
Why dont you form a group, hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit against Govt - A govt that is illegally withholding citizenship from you after you have met the qualifications!!!

Problem is folks wont unite in Canada, just complain.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds good but we all have to do it if we want to be successful. The more people file complaints the more attention we will get, if only a handful of people decide to go along then they may think these are just isolated cases when in fact you have thousands of people that are in the same situation as most of us.

CanadianCountry said:
I would suggest people who have been waiting long to contact the Civil Liberties Association in their province.