+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

OCT2014

Oct 20, 2014
Hi,
My open work permit will be expired on Jan 15 2016. I also applied for PR under CEC class on Sep 2014. I got AOR on Feb 2015.

Can I apply for BOWP on Sep 15, 2015?

When I read BOWP instruction in CIC site,they mentioned about eligibility parameters as; they have applied for an open work permit; and
they have paid the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee
Is that separate open work permit that I have to apply?Where I can pay work permit fees?Can I pay online?.Do I need LMIA? I dont have LMIA.

I also planning to visit India after I get BOWP.Do I still need visa?

Thanks In Advance

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
you can apply within 4 months of expiry of existing work permit.. the additional $100 fee is for open work permit which is taken at the same time u pay enitre fee.. its basically exactly the same process just that u shell out extra $100.
You do not need LMIA for BOWP.. all you need is AOR# and PR file already in process which you do.

OCT2014

Oct 20, 2014
Thank You

I have few question regarding filling application for BOWP:

•Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker

I am not sure Which Option I should choose?

1.I am applying for one or more of the following
a) a work permit with same employer
b)an initial work permit or a work permit with new employer
c)restoration of your status as a worker
d)temporary resident permit

I am not sure should I choose option a or b becuase my current job contract finishes on Feb 2016. I am not sure if I continue with the same employer or not.

3.Coming into Canada
Date and Place entry and Purpose

I am not sure which date and place, I should mention here and purpose (Is it for work)
Also mentioning about the document number of the most recent visitor record,study or work permit or temporary resident permit issued to you (Can I put PR file number)

4.Details of Intended work in canada
1)what type of work permit are you applying for?
a)Post graduation work permit
b)open work permit
c)other
5)Duration of expected employment
6)LMIA NO. (I dont have)
Is it my current work or future work?Should I have to attach offer letter?