+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
I applied on Feb 6, and my current work permit expires today. Still no updates. (AOR Feb 5).

I'm very anxious, as I have a job offer with the start date of May 22nd, however, as a condition of employment, I have to present them the BOWP by May 17th.

May the force be with us.

And for people calling IRCC, if you go here and pick "Work permit extension (new employer)",

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

You're gonna get the same info that the agent gave you. (Currently 93 days, working on applications from Jan 17).
I notice it updates every Thursday, but it's always at least a week behind.

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
I applied on Feb 6, and my current work permit expires today. Still no updates. (AOR Feb 5).

I'm very anxious, as I have a job offer with the start date of May 22nd, however, as a condition of employment, I have to present them the BOWP by May 17th.

May the force be with us.

And for people calling IRCC, if you go here and pick "Work permit extension (new employer)",

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

You're gonna get the same info that the agent gave you. (Currently 93 days, working on applications from Jan 17).
I notice it updates every Thursday, but it's always at least a week behind.
Hi Ivan.bc

I am exactly in the same boat as yours applied for BOWP on 7th Feb 2019....But my work permit expired on 26th Feb 2019

I think you can still continue to work just make the new employer assure that you have filed for everything from PR to BOWP give them enough evidences.

Regards

johnsonstev

Apr 24, 2019
Hi Ivan.bc

I am exactly in the same boat as yours applied for BOWP on 7th Feb 2019....But my work permit expired on 26th Feb 2019

I think you can still continue to work just make the new employer assure that you have filed for everything from PR to BOWP give them enough evidences.

Regards

Hi

I am also waiting for bridgeworkpermit applied on feb7tth 2019 and AOR IS FEB 1

regards

johnsonstev

Apr 24, 2019
Hi

Need help on this

after receiving BOWP can we apply for dependent visa for wife if we married recently
and if we can apply how long it take for the process .

thanks

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi Ivan.bc

Regards
Oh, I'm actually still working for them but on a "casual basis". HR was fine with showing them the application form and receipts as proof of implied status.

The issue is that I work at a university and by their internal regulations, they cannot offer a permanent contract to someone who doesn't have citizenship, PR or a valid work permit. I'm not getting any of the benefits of working full time such as dental/health insurance/bonuses/paid sick leave/paid vacation days...

My OHIP (Ontario health insurance) coverage also ends today, and I can't renew it until I get my new work permit. (Well, technically, PR applicants have the right to have OHIP, however; the Service Ontario workers will most likely refuse it at first, I'd have to appeal and that would take longer than just waiting for the work permit).

Anyway, I'm hoping to get my work permit soon and put an end to all of this anxiety. It will certainly make the PR waiting process a bit more bearable.

Eliza01

Apr 30, 2019
I submitted my bowp on Jan 25th, and no update on my account. But I did email through the application inquiry portal online and got a response "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision."

Not sure if it's been approved or declined but should be seeing an update on my account soon I'd say!!!

ravitsharma

Oct 30, 2015
I submitted my bowp on Jan 25th, and no update on my account. But I did email through the application inquiry portal online and got a response "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision."

Not sure if it's been approved or declined but should be seeing an update on my account soon I'd say!!!
What u mean by email online portal??? Means u got an email from cic mentioning the decision has been made. When did u email them??

Eliza01

Apr 30, 2019
What u mean by email online portal??? Means u got an email from cic mentioning the decision has been made. When did u email them??
If your application is passed the processing date. You can ask them for an update via the online web form: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

I emailed them last week Monday and got the response today.
My account has not been updated, but it should be getting updated soon on their decision.

ravitsharma

Oct 30, 2015
Anyone from Jan 24 or Jan 27 got it approved (or at least a ghost update) yet?
No they are taking extremely long time. 24 got approval on last Friday but 25 is still pending above the post. I applied on 25 night or submission 26 jan still no update