Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Hi there,

I have a quick question about the SIN renewal after BOWP.

I learned that I need to visit Service Canada to update since my SIN is expired before I received BOWP and I will visit the Service Canada in a few days.

I was wondering if you know that when you renew your SIN, do they give you a new number, or they just extend the expiration of the current one that starts with 9?

Thanks in advance!

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Hi there,

I learned that I need to visit Service Canada to update since my SIN is expired before I received BOWP and I will visit the Service Canada in a few days.

I was wondering if you know that when you renew your SIN, do they give you a new number, or they just extend the expiration of the current one that starts with 9?

Thanks in advance!
I just did this last week, they renewed the same number as before. You will get a new number after PR though, without the 9 ;)

Reactions: yalink

chintan.mistry86

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hi there,

Thanks in advance!
Hey, I renewed it online, it took 1 week to receive new SIN document with new expiry date. SIN number won't change, only expiry date will change, do it online, don't have to go in person.
https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/
use this link, and select Change of Expiry date (900 Series SIN)
Let me know if you have any trouble doing it.

Reactions: Arun13 and yalink