15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
anuj.stallion said:
I applied my BOWP today.
Lets see when it comes, my work permit is getting expired on 26th Oct 2015, this work permit is bonded which I received based on positive LMO approved in 2013, so not sure if am even eligible for bowp.
Any suggestions ?
I came in LMO & after getting AOR applied for BOWP(open work permit) & got it last year. You are eligible for bowp..

gnskznc

Sep 1, 2014
kamatmahesh said:
Hi there,

My 2 cents - Just apply ASAP.

Let me explain -

You can apply for a BOWP as long as you are under 4 months of expiry, which you are.

You are in the same boat as I am - mine expires on Dec 31 2015 and I just applied yesterday. Yes, you and I both are not going to receive the work permit until Feb/March of next year 2016 based on the current processing time of 132 days if you were to make the application in the next week.

Once your status as a worker expires on Nov 30, because you have made an application to extend your work permit. You will be on implied status which means you can stay in the country after Nov 30 and keep working and get paid as long as CIC has not given you a yay/nay. You will NOT receive a new SIN as you dont have a valid work permit after Nov 30 and can work legally and get paid on your old SIN.

It is best NOT to travel outside the country during this time as you will NOT be able to come back inside the country

Hope that helps.

Do i need to extend my passport since its expiring the same date? For BOWP i need to send my passport page copies as well. So when they see its expiring i thought it would be better if i extend my WP with my new passport issue date. What do you think?

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Your passport expires in Nov 2015 and you still haven't applied for it ? The work permit is only as good as the passport expiry. If you are planning to get your passport extended first and then get the work permit. Check how long is it going to take for the renewal , good luck

gnskznc

Sep 1, 2014
kamatmahesh said:
Your passport expires in Nov 2015 and you still haven't applied for it ? The work permit is only as good as the passport expiry. If you are planning to get your passport extended first and then get the work permit. Check how long is it going to take for the renewal , good luck
I will extend my passport then I will apply for BOWP with the new issuance date I think that will be the best way. I think It will all happen last minute I hope it works out otherwise I'm screwed:S

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
Kiranmayi said:
I am planning to apply for BOWP this month hence started new thread for folks who is applying same to track.
Hi Kiranmayi,

Firstly thanks a lot for starting this thread. Finally i am able to find a useful thread related to BOWP. I have a question for you.
My work permit expires on Oct 19th of this year. I applied for PR under FSW on August 28th. I called CIC to understand the procedure on BOWP They told me i need AOR before i can apply for BOWP, i did received first AOR right after submitting my application for PR. Is that the AOR i need to apply for BOWP or there is second one that they should be sending me?
I have hardly any days left, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
I'll let KiranMayi explain in detail.

In my opinion, people in general mistake the automated email that we get right after making an application to CIC as the AOR. Doesn't matter if it is CEC,Express Entry or FSW.

CIO - Centralized Intake Office will send you an email explicitly stating that after reviewing your application they have found it to be complete. As long as you have this letter/email from them that is the actual AOR.

I can speak for CEC class as that is what i have used to apply for my BOWP, should be on the same lines for FSW as well.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Agree with Kamat. Have you received AOR email?

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Sheen, To make it clear, all CEC applicants are received only one AOR in email right after application has been reviewed initially at CIO, Sydney. And that was the same AOR email we used to submit BOWP application. Apparently there is no TWO AOR concept for CEC applicants since we all submitted paper application not online.

In your case, FSW, I am not sure how it works. Is FSW is online application processing? If yes then you can use the one you have received upon submitting the application. However you can send both AOR emails in a PDF format in case if you have received two. it wont harm you BOWP application processing.

I hope it helps.

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
This thread was buried deep among other topics - Any update on the Sept applicants for BOWP ?

Mine didnt have one on Friday -10/30 - I got automated emails from the system saying there are NO updates.

PIPestella

Nov 13, 2014
Hi everyone,

Can some suggest do I need 2 different Applications or 1 Application to apply for our Extended Open Work Permit for me n my wife.

Any help is appreciated.

Or any pointers please.

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
PIPestella said:
Hi everyone,

Can some suggest do I need 2 different Applications or 1 Application to apply for our Extended Open Work Permit for me n my wife.

Any help is appreciated.

Or any pointers please.
If your are applying online just fill their questions of eligibility and you will be provided with all the required documents.
You can apply under one account but basically they are two different plantations with two different file numbers.
You also need to pay the fees twice.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
any ghost emails for Sep applications???

vermamohit28

Apr 9, 2015
Hello Guys
I applied my BOWP for me and my wife on August 11, 2015 and today I received e-mail from CIC that my application for temporary resident has been approved.
It took 90 days for process.

hot_andy4u2002

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
I received an email that an update has been done on my bowp application but when I logged in, nothing was updated. Did anyone encounter something similar ?

vermamohit28

Apr 9, 2015
hot_andy4u2002 said:
I received an email that an update has been done on my bowp application but when I logged in, nothing was updated. Did anyone encounter something similar ?
Check if the status is OPEN or CLOSED when you login to mycic
if it is open then it will take almost a week for them to finalize.