+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Rejected.....Please Help.....Urgent

amithg3

Jan 14, 2015
HI everyone,

Please help me.... I was on a closed work permit and was a provincial nominee of Saskatchewan. MY SINP will expire on 18 jan 2015 and my work permit expired on 13 Jan 2015. I am in restoration period now. I have also my PR in process and got my file number and finished medicals. I applied for BOWP november last and yesterday i got letter from them saying that its rejected. what are my options now.... will i be able to reapply for a closed work permit with SINP basis. Will this affect my PR application...

Can any one help me on what to do next......Thank you very much.....

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
SORRY to hear that :( could you please tell us more details about your case?

when did you apply for BOWP? Did you fulfill all of the requirement of BOWP? I never heard on this forum get refused on BOWP, unless they did not fulfill their requirement for BOWP.

amithg3

Jan 14, 2015
Hi i applied on november last week and my work permit was due to expire on jan 13

this is the reason they gave me on the letter

"You must submit a letter from the province that nominated you under the Provincial
Nominee Program that DOES NOT stipulate conditions or restrictions indicating you
must work for a Specific Employer, or work Under a Specific National Occupational
Classification Code. (If these stipulations exist on your Nomination, you are NOT eligible
for a bridging open work permit)".

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
I think the issue is that as you said, you were on a closed work permit and you had your SINP nomination certificate which entitles you to a closed bridging work permit.

But from the letter CIC sent you it says that you applied for an BOWP, which stands for Bridging Open Work Permit.

I believe to be able to continue working/staying in Canada you have to choose both, "A work permit with the same employer" and "Restoration of your status as a worker" when applying using form IMM5710 through http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

I will leave it to the seniors to pitch in about this and confirm...

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amithg3 said:
Hi i applied on november last week and my work permit was due to expire on jan 13

this is the reason they gave me on the letter

"You must submit a letter from the province that nominated you under the Provincial
Nominee Program that DOES NOT stipulate conditions or restrictions indicating you
must work for a Specific Employer, or work Under a Specific National Occupational
Classification Code. (If these stipulations exist on your Nomination, you are NOT eligible
for a bridging open work permit)".

Hi amithg3:

Did you apply in EDS category? Have you submitted a Nominee Approval letter with your application?

I read through the Conditions of the BOWP (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp) where it said that the PNP approval letter should not state any restriction!

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
I agree with you. May be they rejected you as you currently holding close work permit, so you might have to apply for a work permit with the same employer. I remember when I applied for BOWP, there were a option to pick ' continue working with the same employer or new employer . I think you should pick continue working with the same employer as your nomination also have the employer name. so I would suggest you to give them a call to cic and also post this thread on Canada experience class forum . There are two different thread called how many people successfully received BOWP, and I could not remember the other one. So many people follow the other thread, and I am sure someone must have face the same scenario, so they can advice you.

min2_always

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hey don't worry
You still can apply for closed
Work permit because your work permit is still valid.
You have to apply before expiry date of your work permit.
You need following documents;
A job offer letter from your current employer.
Your medical receipt.
Current work permit.
Nominated certificate.
Work permit support letter from sinp.( it doesn't matter if expired)
Passport copy .
Fulfill application form.
Fees:155$
AOR from CIC.
Apply online before expiry date of your work permit.
Believe me you will get it.
Try to hire a consultant you will be relax.
Take care

min2_always

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Sorry i thought your work permit is still valid.
Apply for restoration now.
But you cant work now according to the law.
Take care you asked us after expire your work permit
Its too late.

min2_always

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hey hire a lawyer or consultant.
Who knows may be you still can apply for
Closed work permit. Bcoz your nomination certificate
Is still valid. All the best

hachik77

Jan 13, 2015
There is written on mine AINP certificate:
1 st name of employer: blablablabla
2 nd occupation: blablabla and NOC
3 th restriction on employment: NO

What is written on yours?

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
BOWP does not need LMO, but you have to choose the option for working with the same employer then I am sure they will ask you for the letter of employment and job offer ...I think you have to apply BOWP but it has to be specific with the same employer.?

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
I think old/new would suffice as long as you pick the option for close work permit. when you fill up the form there is a option to pick ...open work permit/close work permit. so pick the close work permit with the same employer.