+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP refuser while waiting for PR

Anne P

Nov 23, 2023
Hello,
I am in a very difficult situation here. I applied for my PR and almosy in the last stages of approval. They sent me an email to confirm my details and whether i am in canada or not. During my pR process my work permit expired, so I applied for BOWP before my work permit expired. After 3 months of wait i got a refusal letter saying i did not pay the 100$ fees(open work permit fees) and they refused my application and asked me to restore my status within 90days. Will this affect my PR? I applied for restoration and open work permit again. Please advise what are the consequences? I am not on any status right now I guess. Will they reject my PR? I applied under express entry (CEC)

please advise

thanks

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hello,
I am in a very difficult situation here. I applied for my PR and almosy in the last stages of approval. They sent me an email to confirm my details and whether i am in canada or not. During my pR process my work permit expired, so I applied for BOWP before my work permit expired. After 3 months of wait i got a refusal letter saying i did not pay the 100$ fees(open work permit fees) and they refused my application and asked me to restore my status within 90days. Will this affect my PR? I applied for restoration and open work permit again for rentals in las vegas. Please advise what are the consequences? I am not on any status right now I guess. Will they reject my PR? I applied under express entry (CEC)

please advise

thanks
experiencing a temporary lapse in your status due to a work permit issue might impact your PR application. It's crucial to promptly address and resolve the restoration and open work permit matters. Consider consulting with an immigration professional for tailored advice based on your specific situation. The impact on your PR application can vary, and seeking professional guidance will provide more accurate information.

Cynth12345

Jan 15, 2022
Hello,
I am in a very difficult situation here. I applied for my PR and almosy in the last stages of approval. They sent me an email to confirm my details and whether i am in canada or not. During my pR process my work permit expired, so I applied for BOWP before my work permit expired. After 3 months of wait i got a refusal letter saying i did not pay the 100$ fees(open work permit fees) and they refused my application and asked me to restore my status within 90days. Will this affect my PR? I applied for restoration and open work permit again. Please advise what are the consequences? I am not on any status right now I guess. Will they reject my PR? I applied under express entry (CEC)

please advise

thanks
Did you get your pr .? Did you wait for your work permit to get restored and then ircc responded to your PR applicat.?

Anne P

Nov 23, 2023
Yes I got my PR in dec. I applied for restoration and paid work permit fees. Within 2 weeks I got eCOPR.