+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Anyone can provide your input here...

sjulien said:
Guys,

Can you please help me on below query. I am filling BOWP application but confuse.

Which one I need to select on question 3 in Form # IMM5710E.

Question 3 : I am applying for one or more of the following

1) A work permit with same employer
2) An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3) Restoration of you status as a worker
4) Temporary Resident permit

Second, I need to submit application with entire family through online or each family member should go through separate case.

Thanks in advance...

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
sjulien said:
Anyone can provide your input here...
Hi, you can use either
1) A work permit with the same employer
or
2) A work permit with a new employer.
Both are OK to use but of course use only one of them.

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
I am applying for BOWP without attaching an AOR, (my PR application is not yet reviewed by cic).I see that some of them have attached a copy of Operation Bulletin 485-A along with the BOWP paper application. I tried to retrieve a copy of it from cic, but it says the document has expired.

Is it a necessary to attach one? And since the validity of the OP 485 has now expired, in the cover letter, what can I refer to to imply that I am eligible for BOWP?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ The information in OB485a has simply been absorbed into the manual: Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Provincial nominees or permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp).

So in your cover letter you can refer to this part of the manual, and explain that you meet the eligibility criteria. That is, you have a work permit due to expire within four months, and you are a CEC applicant, and request that they verify a 'positive eligibility decision' (an AOR in this case) has been made on your CEC application.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Hi LPS/ nov1061,

Shall I apply BOWP application with entire family? or I need separate login details for each family member.

Kindly suggest.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ I believe it is possible - although others are much more qualified to talk about this - to submit a single application package requesting a BOWP for yourself (as the principal CEC applicant) and a 'spousal' open work permit for your spouse (as the spouse or common-law partner of someone with a BOWP). The alternative would be to apply for your BOWP alone, receive it, and then submit a separate application for your spouse. Anyone want to chime in on this?

Your dependents (edit: dependent children) would not be entitled to open work permits by virtue of your BOWP - the manual says that they "must obtain an LMIA or have an LMIA exemption based on their specific situation in order to apply for a work permit."

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
sjulien said:
Hi LPS/ nov1061,

Shall I apply BOWP application with entire family? or I need separate login details for each family member.

Kindly suggest.
Yes, you can apply for the BOWP with your wife in one application. As LPS mentioned you as a principal applicant and your wife as your dependent (spousal work permit). You don't need to submit two separate applications.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Hi Folks,

I had applied for BOWP and got approved for self, spouse and kid, now that i want to apply for visa extension online as my current visa is expiring on 31st October. After filling the questionnaire i got below application to be filled and submitted. Just wanted to confirm with you guys is below application form is correct to be filled and submitted as it says as below.

> Application to change conditions, Extend my stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder (IMM5708) - Is this the right application to extend my stay for self, wife and kid ?

> Apart from above i have to fill IMM5713 application which is for Family member representative. - Is this correct?

> Fees for each application is 100 as shown online - Is this correct?

> Any other things i need to be aware of before submitting my application? Please clarify

Thanks in advance.

Wonderclicks

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
wonderclicks said:
Hi Folks,

I had applied for BOWP and got approved for self, spouse and kid, now that i want to apply for visa extension online as my current visa is expiring on 31st October.
Do you need a visa to exit and re-enter Canada? The BOWP is all you need to maintain legal status if you stay inside Canada...

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Hello,

My work permit expires on Oct 1. PR CEC application received on 02 Sep. I dont think I will be getting the AOR before my WP expires and I have to fly back to my home country.
I am planning to take a chance and apply for paper BOWP this week itself for self only. And fly back.

Assuming the BOWP application is processed in about 4/5 weeks, the AOR would be in place by that time...

But I will not be in Canada at that time ? Will the BOWP be issued in that case ?

The CEC web site says : "Travelling outside Canada: If you have applied to extend your work permit and plan on traveling outside Canada while your application is in process, you can leave and come back"

Has anyone faced this situation....

In order to avoid risk, I am planning to apply BOWP for self only... and apply for spouse and child later on.... is this fine ?

Let me know your experiences...

Regards,

Kumar.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Kumar, you can submit a paper BOWP application by Oct 1 and stay in Canada on implied status after your current WP expires. Chances are good they will find your AoR when they start processing your BOWP application.

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
ZingyDNA said:
Kumar, you can submit a paper BOWP application by Oct 1 and stay in Canada on implied status after your current WP expires. Chances are good they will find your AoR when they start processing your BOWP application.
Thanks.... However, I have to leave Canada now... what would be the status of my BOWP ? Will I get an BOWP when I was away from Canada ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kumar_montreal said:
Thanks.... However, I have to leave Canada now... what would be the status of my BOWP ? Will I get an BOWP when I was away from Canada ?
Invalid, one of the criteria is you have to be in Canada.

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
PMM said:
Hi

Invalid, one of the criteria is you have to be in Canada.
Hello, Please see the extract from "Guide 5553 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - Worker" and let me know your thoughts !

Travelling outside Canada:

If you have applied to extend your work permit and plan on traveling outside Canada while your application is in process, you can leave and come back. However, one of three things will happen when you return to Canada:

You may be allowed to come back to Canada as a visitor, if CIC has not yet decided to issue your work permit. If this is the case, you cannot work until you get your new work permit The officer at the port of entry may ask you to prove you have enough money to support yourself in Canada.
You may be allowed to come back to Canada as a worker, if the officer at the port of entry finds out that CIC issued your work permit while you were away.
You may be asked to apply for a new work permit at the port of entry.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hi All,

Can anyone help me here?

My PR is in process.. I am done with medicals, RPRF and Bio-data. You can see my timelines. My work permit is expiring in december. I know I can apply for BOWP. But my question is can I apply for dependent permits for my wife and daughter as their dependent permits are also expiring in december?