+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
zammo55 said:
Just a heads up for everyone, Applied for BOWP on Aug 14, approved today, Aug 21. Applied for both me and my partner. My current work permit expired on the 19th.
Congrats that is too fast. Ours applied Aug 8 approved Aug 20 for my husband (principal), me and my daughter - study permit, my son (refused) OWP, expiry of current work permit Sept 12. Now, We are applying online for my son Extension to stay or remain in Canada as a Visitor.

laloona

Aug 22, 2014
Hi, guys! I have an urgent issue. I applied for a BOWP on Aug 8 and on Aug 20 I received a message saying that CIC needed additional documents. THey have asked for a reference letter from each of my past employers. I don't know why they asked this and I haven't seen anyone else in the forums getting the same request. It was difficult for me to find a job, so I had short term employments and I hope that doesn't stop me from getting BOWP. I also only have until Aug 27 to get these letters and I don't know if it will be enough time.

Help me please!

This is what they asked for:

Employment Reference Letter

You must provide an employment reference letter (an up-to-date reference from current or past employers). If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.

Reference letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company’s full address and telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.

The letter should include all of the following information:
- the specific period of your employment with the company
- the positions you held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
- full details of your main responsibilities in each position
- your total annual salary plus benefits
- the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer at the company
- a business card of the person signing

This seems really weird that they ask for all these things.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
zammo55 said:
Just a heads up for everyone, Applied for BOWP on Aug 14, approved today, Aug 21. Applied for both me and my partner. My current work permit expired on the 19th.
your application's result was fast. I applied Aug6 online and when I visited MyCIC account, its says that my app is approved yesterday, Aug21. I think CIC is working not on a First-In First-Out, they are processing applications with current work permit's that is expiring soon. My current WP will expire on Dec6 so I think that is the reason why they hold my application for few days and started working on the application like yours first.

to those who got approved, does CIC send an Approval letter in your MyCIC account first before they send your BOWP in the mail?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
laloona said:
Hi, guys! I have an urgent issue. I applied for a BOWP on Aug 8 and on Aug 20 I received a message saying that CIC needed additional documents. THey have asked for a reference letter from each of my past employers. I don't know why they asked this and I haven't seen anyone else in the forums getting the same request. It was difficult for me to find a job, so I had short term employments and I hope that doesn't stop me from getting BOWP. I also only have until Aug 27 to get these letters and I don't know if it will be enough time.
Are you positive that the request relates to your BOWP application and not your CEC application?

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
I applied my BOWP on 25th July 2014 and I received my BOWP on 13th August 2014. Previously I had my work permit from my employer till May 2015 but still I applied and I received my BOWP.

Regards,

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
gskn4u said:
I applied my BOWP on 25th July 2014 and I received my BOWP on 13th August 2014. Previously I had my work permit from my employer till May 2015 but still I applied and I received my BOWP.

Regards,
Did you apply with a new job offer?

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
Did you apply with a new job offer?
no. I am still working for my current employer and I don't have any new job offer in hand. job search is in progress..

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
gskn4u said:
no. I am still working for my current employer and I don't have any new job offer in hand. job search is in progress..
That's strange. You are probably the first case like this :)

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
That's strange. You are probably the first case like this
Maybe. I had similar query on BOWP and since I did not have any other go, I gave a try. It worked 8)

Regards,

laloona

Aug 22, 2014
LPS said:
Are you positive that the request relates to your BOWP application and not your CEC application?
Yes, the information was under the BOWP in MyCIC and the email had the BOWP application number.

syedabbas82

Jul 23, 2014
Dear All

I have an urgent question for all you ppl , I put this question before also but havent get the answer properly. My situation is like I am on PGWP and it will be expire on 10th October 2014 . I am currently working as a Radio Technician for Oil & gas Industry in Alberta . My employer is not willing to provide me LMO so I am on my own right now . Is this possible based on my current job I can apply for Bridge Over Work Permit based on my current job and my visa can be extended .

regards

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Is there somebody here who applied BOWP by paper application?
I applied by paper application with family on August 8 and until now I haven't receive any AOR from CIC.
I submitted our BOWP application in Vegreville, AB under new employer.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Netblizz183 said:
Is there somebody here who applied BOWP by paper application?
I applied by paper application with family on August 8 and until now I haven't receive any AOR from CIC.
I submitted our BOWP application in Vegreville, AB under new employer.
Work permit applications don't have AORs.

If you had applied online, you would have seen "Application Received" (or words to that effect) in the online account, but since it was a paper application, the only correspondence from CIC will be your new work permit in the mail (or if you are refused, I guess they send an email).

El Mexicano

Jul 25, 2014
Hi, I have fortunately received my BOWP recently (for the record, it took 10 days to get it approved!) but I am not sure whether I need to apply for a temporary residence extension as well or is the BOWP the only document I need to stay in Canada until the PR gets processed? My country of origin is Mexico. Can someone please help clarifying?

Thanks in advance!

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LPS said:
Work permit applications don't have AORs.

If you had applied online, you would have seen "Application Received" (or words to that effect) in the online account, but since it was a paper application, the only correspondence from CIC will be your new work permit in the mail (or if you are refused, I guess they send an email).
Thank you LPS for your response.
I am still waiting for my BOWP. ;D