+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
Today also no update on my BOWP :(
I hope few more days to go....................

(I applied online on 22nd Nov)
PP323 said:
I applied for BOWP on 22nd Nov and still waiting, by the time I had applied the expected processing time was just 7 days. not sure until when I have to wait... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::( :( :( :( :( :( :(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
PP323 said:
Today also no update on my BOWP :(
I hope few more days to go....................

(I applied online on 22nd Nov)
Hang in there. Processing times will be updated again tomorrow.

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
kunishsa said:
Hi All

One of my friend who had applied for PR under CEC category was facing a unique problem. He had submitted his application way back in August and had his credit card charged only on 4th November. He was expecting an AOR but received a query on his application where CIC was asking him to submit the date of birth proof. Actually he had submitted his date of birth proofs and affidavits as well. Still they missed it and asked him to fax it. He did the fax and also sent an email explaining them the situation. No update after that. He is trying to get his AOR to submit his BOWP. Following are my questions.

1) Is there any way he can contact CIO sydney office other than email / fax. If there is a phone number, he can contact them and ask them on the reasons for his AOR delay?
2) In the query he received from CIC, it has his application number. This should ideally be suffice for applying his BOWP as his current WP is valid for less than 4 months. Can he use this AOR as the application is not yet officially active due to the back and forth communication going on now?

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa
Call CIC and check with them. You cant contact individual office. Q2, Yes, he can try with that application # but that should be his last opetion. First he should contact CIC and try to clear his case. Please note that I had small qeury and I sent Email to CIC. I got reply after 25 days. So, Emails reply takes time.

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
testsm said:
Hi,

Kindly help, My current closed work permit is expiring on Feb 28 2014.

I have applied for PR in CEC in sep 2013 received AOR in Nov 2013.

Now my company is ready to extend my work permit but i am worried whether i should go with BOWP or extension of current work permit of normal process...and

1)if i go with second option, in case my project is over in mid of next year...can i apply for BOWP where my extended WP will be valid for Remaining 1yr 6 month

2) if i apply for BOWP -
=> is this will have implication on my PR application which is not yet processed
=> will my spouse will get open work permit along with me , do we have to submit application for BOWP together?
=> does this affect my current status in Canada and will that have any impact on our current Job.

Kindly reply as I need to take respective action immediately....otherwise benefits of CTB & UCCB gets stopped if my new WP doesnot come before Feb 2014.

Thanks in advance for all you help and support.

1)if i go with second option, in case my project is over in mid of next year...can i apply for BOWP where my extended WP will be valid for Remaining 1yr 6 month.

>>> No. You cannot apply for BOWP as your current WP would be valid for 4+ months. You should go with BOWP. Dont ever think about Closed WP. Closed WP is not at all good option if you are eligible for BOWP.

2) if i apply for BOWP -
=> is this will have implication on my PR application which is not yet processed. >>> No impact to your PR Application.
=> will my spouse will get open work permit along with me , do we have to submit application for BOWP together? >> Not too sure but yes you can submit her application as well together.

=> does this affect my current status in Canada and will that have any impact on our current Job. >>> No impact. It is just like any other WP but it would be not locked and open to any employer/work/location....Dont think so much....BOWP is not as complicated as you think. Just go for it if you are eligible...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Processing times for WP applications have been updated, it's 17 days for online applications.

>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp ::)

FrenchGK

Feb 6, 2013
Hello everyone:

my BOWP application has been approved on Nov. 30th but until now; i haven't receive any notification or email. I just checked on my CIC account.

Here is my timeline:

Nov. 15, 2013 : online application submitted.
Nov. 30, 2013 : application approved

do you know how long it takes to receive an email or the paper to get the BOWP paper?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
FrenchGK said:
Hello everyone:

my BOWP application has been approved on Nov. 30th but until now; i haven't receive any notification or email. I just checked on my CIC account.

Here is my timeline:

do you know how long it takes to receive an email or the paper to get the BOWP paper?
There should be a message in your MyCIC account saying the application has been approved.
And the BOWP will be mailed to you.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
FrenchGK said:
Hello everyone:

Here is my timeline:

Hi FrenchGK

Congrats on your BOWP. I am sure you will have the hard copy today or tomorrow. It won't take more than 3-4 days to receive the hard copy. Since there is a weekend in between, you can still wait until Monday.

Nothing to worry when it says approved on your account.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

Natalka86

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kunishsa, I was following this thread very carefully, still I haven't found your answer to one important question. In case you PMed, could you please reply here, for all fellows? It was >4 mth for your WP to expire, did you have and attach new job offer? If not, what else did you use in your application, except whole family situation?

I am all stressed too... My WP expires June 2014, so I could apply on Feb 2014. However, I learned about good position opened, which I have all requirements to get into. It has good flexible schedule and much better wages than what I get now. My friend could help me to secure it and she was the one who told me about it. However, to apply for it I must be already having OWP :(, and obviously I have no job offer. It might still be open for month or so, but definitely not till March. So, I consider giving it a shot and sending the application now, 5.5 mths away. Situation on my current workplace is really bad now, so even with small chances of win I'd risk $150.
Do I have chances in my case? I'd describe the situation in CL, saying that there is opportunity risen, which I wouldn't like to lose. I have not 1 but 2 AORs, as I applied under PNP and CEC, and medical done, would this help my application?

Thanks

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Natalka86 said:
Kunishsa, I was following this thread very carefully, still I haven't found your answer to one important question. In case you PMed, could you please reply here, for all fellows? It was >4 mth for your WP to expire, did you have and attach new job offer? If not, what else did you use in your application, except whole family situation?

I am all stressed too... My WP expires June 2014, so I could apply on Feb 2014. However, I learned about good position opened, which I have all requirements to get into. It has good flexible schedule and much better wages than what I get now. My friend could help me to secure it and she was the one who told me about it. However, to apply for it I must be already having OWP :(, and obviously I have no job offer. It might still be open for month or so, but definitely not till March. So, I consider giving it a shot and sending the application now, 5.5 mths away. Situation on my current workplace is really bad now, so even with small chances of win I'd risk $150.
Do I have chances in my case? I'd describe the situation in CL, saying that there is opportunity risen, which I wouldn't like to lose. I have not 1 but 2 AORs, as I applied under PNP and CEC, and medical done, would this help my application?

Thanks
Hi NatalKa

As I had mentioned in my previous posts, I have highlighted two major points with my covering letter.

1) My family situation. I am here with my wife and kid. So I have highlighted about that as my first valid point in my covering letter.
2) I also tried for jobs and got a conditional offer letter from an employer who was ready to hire me after my interview. I had highlighted about the offer letter as my second explanation.

I have also attached all the emails from my current employer about my contract ending, my new employer's email about the offer etc.

In your case, try to attend the job interview and ask them to offer you with a conditional offer letter stating the offer is valid only with your valid status. If that is not possible, at least ask them to send you an email that they are ready to hire you in case if you get a valid status. Ask them to sign with their contact numbers in the email in case if CIC wants to cross verify.

Go in my route highlighting your family (if they are already here) and about your new job offer. I am sure they will consider.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
bhavik_ec said:
Call CIC and check with them. You cant contact individual office. Q2, Yes, he can try with that application # but that should be his last opetion. First he should contact CIC and try to clear his case. Please note that I had small qeury and I sent Email to CIC. I got reply after 25 days. So, Emails reply takes time.
Thanks Bhavik. He has fortunately received his AOR yesterday night. He is so happy now. The story ended happily as of now :)

Dec 6, 2013
hey guys i need u r help in my case

i will complete my 1 year exp next year
11 march 2014.
PGWP expire 19 april 2014

ques
i got my AOR before PGWP expire
I gor BOWP

pls reply if any one knows
thanks
ashwinder garcha

gururam

Dec 5, 2013
In online, it is mentioned "closed" for Application Status. Does it mean BOWP got approved?. How Work Permit shipped to home?.