+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

AMATH

Aug 23, 2013
What happens in the scenario where I have to go out of Canada after filling for BOWP and the application is in process while I am out of Canada? Will the BOWP get processed will it be valid when I come back.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AMATH said:
What happens in the scenario where I have to go out of Canada after filling for BOWP and the application is in process while I am out of Canada? Will the BOWP get processed will it be valid when I come back.
As per my understanding you shouldn't leave the country, if your current permit is expired and the BOWP is in Process.

Wait Till you receive the BOWP, if your current WP is expired.

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
I think you can leave the country, but only thing is you have to apply for TRV once BOWP is received in your mailing address in canada. This will take additional time when you are out of Canada. you need to arrange any friend to send both the documents BOWP/TRV at your address of visit.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nick_ind said:
I think you can leave the country, but only thing is you have to apply for TRV once BOWP is received in your mailing address in canada. This will take additional time when you are out of Canada. you need to arrange any friend to send both the documents BOWP/TRV at your address of visit.

I think the trv will be stamped in the passport, how can he leave the country without passport.
Correct me if I am wrong.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
bubence said:
Hi badniks,

Thanks for the reply. The medical question in the questionnaire was: "Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?" and I selected Yes because I just did the medicals for the PR application. In this case selecting No will be lying :). Do you still think I should select No?

Thanks,
Bube
Hi bubence,

What did you finally decide here ? I am in similar situation.

Regards,
lrow

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
honeysingh said:
I think the trv will be stamped in the passport, how can he leave the country without passport.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Can't he apply TRV from his own country based on his WP in hand?Once he receives TRV stamped on the passport he can enter back in to Canada.

hello3384

Dec 14, 2011
Mandy_Morgan said:
Hello,

Could you tell me how does it work for the Health Insurance in Quebec on the BOWP case?

I read the RAMQ website, but it's not clear about bridging... Will I lose my Insurance?
Hi there, I too wonder about this special case. Did any one knows that if we receive the Bridging Open Work Permit, then those who are there in Quebec is eligible for medical insurance through RAMQ. Please respond.

india1981

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- O
NOC Code......
2173 , 2283
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
Doc's Request.
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
25-11-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi Friends..

My BOWP is approved on 12th Sep and received email today .. applied online on 12th Aug.. exactly 30 days. :)

india1981

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- O
NOC Code......
2173 , 2283
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
Doc's Request.
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
25-11-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
hello3384 said:
Hi there, I too wonder about this special case. Did any one knows that if we receive the Bridging Open Work Permit, then those who are there in Quebec is eligible for medical insurance through RAMQ. Please respond.
Please refer the below link, according to this if we are getting the BOWP based on CEC it will be difficult to continue on RAMQ. Please let me know if you have any update regarding BOWP with CEC and in Quebec RAMQ

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t151910.0.html

sava

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2012; 11-Jul-2013 (CEC)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-May-2012; 09-SEP-2013 (CEC)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
16-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
13-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
28-Feb-2014 (North Portal, SK)
I'm happy for all the people who are receiving their BOWPs, but at the same time it is frustrating to know that people who've applied online in Aug are getting their WP's approved and I haven't heard anything on my (paper) application which was submitted on July 30. Now the CIC website is showing that the dates for current paper application are actually going back to June 2 (from June 25). I'm just not able to understand why it would take them longer for a paper application when compared to an online application. They are still reviewing the same stuff in both cases, and in my opinion Paper application should be faster because they have everything available and printed as opposed to an online application.

I had to apply a paper application because my online application got screwed up due to CIC's inability (as you can't complete an application on a later date if you had started it earlier). Their website states that you have 60 days to complete and submit your online application, but for some reason it doesn't work. I kept on thinking that the online system was down (as I kept on getting an error message), and submitted a paper application.

It was with bluelagoon's help that I realised that I could have deleted my already started application, start a fresh online application and submit it online successfully. I started advising people against starting their applications earlier than the day that they are ready to submit.

Anyway I just wanted to vent out my frustration and hope that people will learn from my mistake.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
The thing with online application is that officers from other locations can process those applications when they are available. While for paper application, only those in Vegreville can process it. That's why online is faster.

sava said:
I'm happy for all the people who are receiving their BOWPs, but at the same time it is frustrating to know that people who've applied online in Aug are getting their WP's approved and I haven't heard anything on my (paper) application which was submitted on July 30. Now the CIC website is showing that the dates for current paper application are actually going back to June 2 (from June 25). I'm just not able to understand why it would take them longer for a paper application when compared to an online application. They are still reviewing the same stuff in both cases, and in my opinion Paper application should be faster because they have everything available and printed as opposed to an online application.

I had to apply a paper application because my online application got screwed up due to CIC's inability (as you can't complete an application on a later date if you had started it earlier). Their website states that you have 60 days to complete and submit your online application, but for some reason it doesn't work. I kept on thinking that the online system was down (as I kept on getting an error message), and submitted a paper application.

It was with bluelagoon's help that I realised that I could have deleted my already started application, start a fresh online application and submit it online successfully. I started advising people against starting their applications earlier than the day that they are ready to submit.

Anyway I just wanted to vent out my frustration and hope that people will learn from my mistake.

adusur

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
I have applied BOWP on 12th Aug online. Till now i did not get any updates regarding the application. When ever i call customer care, they are asking me to wait till the internet shows Aug 12. My current work permit expiring on Oct 08 and my current contract ends by Sept End.

Is there a way we can expedite the process? please give me your suggestions.

Navpreet Parmar

Sep 5, 2013
Hey guys !!
I applied for BOwp and got rejected the reason was I didn't submitted my AOR with application and my work permit also got expired so right now I'm on restoration period.i need to ask you if I can apply for BOwp in restoration or not ? Cause I got my AOR 2 weeks ago