+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP application

klaartje

Apr 4, 2020
Hello all, I am hoping you can help me out with my BOWP application.

I currently have a LMIA-dependent work permit which expires in November. I have applied for PR late January 2021 (so will likely be waiting until the cows come home for a decision) under the CEC and am eligible for a BOWP.

The IMM5710 form is pretty straight forward, but the only thing I am not sure about is question 3 at the top of the form. It says 'I am applying for one of more of the following':

1) wp with same employer,
2) wp for first time or with new employer,
3) restore status as worker,
4) get new temp residency permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

Options 3 & 4 obviously don't apply and I am leaning towards option 2, but am not quite sure.
Before I consult an immigration lawyer for 1 annoying question I figured I would pick the hive-mind's brain.

Anyone?

TIA

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
Hello all, I am hoping you can help me out with my BOWP application.

I currently have a LMIA-dependent work permit which expires in November. I have applied for PR late January 2021 (so will likely be waiting until the cows come home for a decision) under the CEC and am eligible for a BOWP.

The IMM5710 form is pretty straight forward, but the only thing I am not sure about is question 3 at the top of the form. It says 'I am applying for one of more of the following':

1) wp with same employer,
2) wp for first time or with new employer,
3) restore status as worker,
4) get new temp residency permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

Options 3 & 4 obviously don't apply and I am leaning towards option 2, but am not quite sure.
Before I consult an immigration lawyer for 1 annoying question I figured I would pick the hive-mind's brain.

Anyone?

TIA
I choose the option 'with the same employer'