+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP and SOWP extension

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

I am on PGWP and my spouse in on SOWP. Our work permits are expiring next month. I am the primary applicant have submitted express entry application with spouse accompanying. I have received the AOR.
I am wondering if AOR alone is enough to apply for BOWP? Also, i want to apply to extend my spouse SOWP, would it be separate application or can i apply for BOWP and extend SOWP as part of same application?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
If you have AOR it would clearly say that you can use it to extend your work permit. Typically, your BOWP is applied for first and then the SOWP. This is because for the SOWP application it is required that the primary partner show their full work permit details.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
If you have AOR it would clearly say that you can use it to extend your work permit. Typically, your BOWP is applied for first and then the SOWP. This is because for the SOWP application it is required that the primary partner show their full work permit details.
Thanks for your reply
So i (primary applicant) will apply for my BOWP and use its AOR to extend SOWP for my spouse?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Thanks for your reply
So i (primary applicant) will apply for my BOWP and use its AOR to extend SOWP for my spouse?
No that's not what I said....... you should use the current AOR from the PR application to apply for your BOWP. Once your permit is approved and received in the mail, use it to extend spousal permit.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
No that's not what I said....... you should use the current AOR from the PR application to apply for your BOWP. Once your permit is approved and received in the mail, use it to extend spousal permit.
But then the spouse will went out of status if i wait for my BOWP to come since both our work permits are expiring in 2 weeks

kashemali420

Jan 3, 2024
I am literally in the same situation. I am thinking of applying for SOWP under the same applciation with my BOWP. If you answer the question "Yes" to the question "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?" it will give you the option to submit extension application for your spouse as well.

Mar 21, 2024
I am literally in the same situation. I am thinking of applying for SOWP under the same applciation with my BOWP. If you answer the question "Yes" to the question "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?" it will give you the option to submit extension application for your spouse as well.
Hi, I am in the same situation as yours.
I received ITA on March 12th
AOR March 14th
I applied for BOWP and SOWP together in the same application as I added my spouse as secondary applicant on PR application.

Now I am seeing on my GC key that application is split separately for me and my spouse for BOWP and SOWP and under spouse application I am not seeing any documents other than his passport and client information under which I uploaded his employment information

under my BOWP application I am seeing all other doc like marriage certificate, use of family member representative, family member proof of status, passport, photo and client information under which I uploaded my employment and original work permit doc.

I just want to know if this is Usual or did I do any mistake?? Can any one who applied BOWP and SOWP together confirm about this please.